What Video Games Are You Currently Playing?

Darkmatter

• 1 month later...

You'd have to downgrade to play this one.  I used to load this up from 5 1/2" floppies to the office PC at night: 

Jane's F15 was pretty similar. Their FA18 sim was a huge improvement. DCS has some great aviation stuff to include the A10 Warthog for close air support, and FSX has some great stuff with their F15 package. I like the fast movers, but will likely go with some helo sims down the road. DCS has a Huey package that looks great.

Flight sims have come a loong way.

Edited by GregS

For the xbox? I'm not sure, but I have a computer that I had built not too long ago specifically for gaming and the like. That is an I-7 proc, one of the 4770k's for overclocking. Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 660 2g, the second card is an AMD Radeon HD 7770 for the contrast between the two cards for playing different games, from FPS's to MMO's etc, I fear Battlefield is as close to a flight sim as I get haha. It has a GWD VelociRaptor (1Tb) for the harddrive, no backup drive yet other than an external. Oh, the motherboard itself is a Gigabyte board, I can get specifics but I'd have to open up the box. It's all liquid cooled, but that's really only for really bad summer days.

For the xbox? I'm not sure, but I have a computer that I had built not too long ago specifically for gaming and the like. That is an I-7 proc, one of the 4770k's for overclocking. Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 660 2g, the second card is an AMD Radeon HD 7770 for the contrast between the two cards for playing different games, from FPS's to MMO's etc, I fear Battlefield is as close to a flight sim as I get haha. It has a GWD VelociRaptor (1Tb) for the harddrive, no backup drive yet other than an external. Oh, the motherboard itself is a Gigabyte board, I can get specifics but I'd have to open up the box. It's all liquid cooled, but that's really only for really bad summer days.

Nice. Don't bother to open it up. You are plenty geared to go. I don't think there is anything out there you can't run. My sims run perfectly on my desktop and it is not as tricked out as that. The sims I run are massively multiplayer.

Edited by GregS

Most things I can get going at a solid 90-110fps or so generally, I really like to be able to enjoy the games I play. I feel like in a way the thing that Bane in the new Batman says sort of applies, only in this case to computers and not darkness. "You were merely adopted the dark, I was born into it." I will always remember the sound of that dreaded 56k modem dialing in for the precious, but very limited internet of its' time. 

I'm running an Asus machine with an i5 4440 processor @3.2GH w/a Geforce GTX 760 w/3GH memory. I have yet to install fraps to get my frame rates, but it rocks. It came with windows 8.1 installed, and I've had a couple of problems with the OS. When it's working right performance is a little better than windows 7 delivers.

Edited by GregS

I usually build a new PC every 5 years or so when some "must have" game demands it. The last game that drove the upgrade was "Test Drive Unlimited".  (Man, I sure do miss cruising in Oahu!) This PC is about 6 yrs old now.  Two EVGA 8800GTS G92 512's in SLI, EVGA 780I MB, Intel E8400 CPU, etc.  It was the fastest thing in town in it's day and still runs well.  Finally gave up the ghost on XP after the last update. Luckily I had a dual boot OS with XP and Vista, so I'm on Vista now, but will move to 7 when I'm forced to or hit the lottery for a new build. 

I usually build a new PC every 5 years or so when some "must have" game demands it. The last game that drove the upgrade was "Test Drive Unlimited".  (Man, I sure do miss cruising in Oahu!) This PC is about 6 yrs old now.  Two EVGA 8800GTS G92 512's in SLI, EVGA 780I MB, Intel E8400 CPU, etc.  It was the fastest thing in town in it's day and still runs well.  Finally gave up the ghost on XP after the last update. Luckily I had a dual boot OS with XP and Vista, so I'm on Vista now, but will move to 7 when I'm forced to or hit the lottery for a new build. 

If you can pull some cash from your behind get the next gen hardware. My old machine ran on a 2x64 AMD processor @ 2.4GB, upgraded to the max 2.8GB, maxed out ram @ 8GB, and a low range Nvidia 9500 video card. It ran just about anything short of the next gen games, but push came to shove. I have found some squared away communities to fly with and don't have any buyer's remorse.

Edited by GregS

I started getting the itch for a new build about 6 months ago and will act as soon as the budget allows.  I've never had buyer's remorse on a PC build, thank goodness (my first job after the military was in computer ops for a few years before I moved on to something else). The garden tractor is 16 years old, need a new front porch and a new roof.  And a couple of lottery tickets.  It'll all work out.  :)

I started getting the itch for a new build about 6 months ago and will act as soon as the budget allows.  I've never had buyer's remorse on a PC build, thank goodness (my first job after the military was in computer ops for a few years before I moved on to something else). The garden tractor is 16 years old, need a new front porch and a new roof.  And a couple of lottery tickets.  It'll all work out.   :)

Hope to see you in the skies SOON.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

At the moment I started playing Dota2 and I really like it. My parents are against online games in general but I like them and I am sure that I will always be able to find a balance and I will not become addicted to games as they think.  
By the way, I read in several forums about the Dota2 boost and it is interesting to me f everything that is said about it is true.
Can anyone from this forum to give me some reviews, opinions about it, please?

Edited by BigBoss84