How Do You Know Your The Only Cg Your Patient Has Signed With

So something happened to me and 2 other CG on this web site that luckly i caught after alittle digging.. But i had a patient that was signed with me from day one of the prrogram everything was great no problems or so i thought turns out this guy was signed up with 3+ CG .Since this i make sure im the one that sends in the check and the paper work so i know the cashed check is indead for my change fourm and not some other ones....

So my first ? how did he get three differant cards with 3 differant CG info on them?

2nd the one patient that i ended up getting rid of about a year back i got a letter form the state saying that i was no longer there CG... why didn't i get one when this happened.

there is obviously a hugh hole in the system either they don't cross check other SS#'s or DL#'s

or something cause this guy got around it bby changing something simple it wasn't his address or his name cause all that is the same on all 3 differant cards....

Just looking for some opinions on this what can we as CG do to protect our selfs and what others think about what this douch bag did...

Thanks DR.GT :watching::bong2::bong7bp::judge:

well of course , drop his azz, second thing is the state is so far behind you could likely get a way with 10 patients before it all gets caught up, if even then. once they see the money they don't care, as an example six months and counting for pt card for me. ?? still waiting. apr 10, till now still no card. hmmm

Once the patient puts in a change for a new caregiver, the last caregiver is no longer valid. It bothers me also that the state does not notify caregivers of this immediately. It puts the caregivers in danger of being illegal, with no way of knowing this fact. I think they should have to send a registered letter before the change becomes active. How else can a caregiver be protected from charges arising from too many plants?

That is one of the most screwed up things I have heard of in awhile, but I bet a common practice back when the free ounce was big. I would be real leery right now if I had signed any patients on those terms. Never really thought about it, but a patient could do this every few months and not create a stir, renewal time would be tricky though, once the cards expire they would have to renew with one cg, and then have to do a change form for each different one. I would think a patient that has renewed with you would be safe, but I'm no lawyer. This is a serious issue though, and very scary to think that you are only legal on your patients word. I was always more worried about the patients, but this is a serious risk for cgs that needs addressed where is our ag on an issue thats serious like this one? thats right out rallying support for his attack against us I forgot. See you folks in saginaw

Ganja warrior that's messed up that people would mess around with people's lives like that..

I'll Call him out HIS SCREEN name is Bwinkler1990...

because of this BS that happened i now always stay 12 plants under my count just in case i find myself in this position again...

JB420 i have people that call me looking for a CG and in the first sentence they ask what will u give me for free???? And it might be bad to do but i tell them i don't do anything for free.. and most of the time it weeds out the BS paitents but at the same time real people that are good paitent all think this is the norm and shop around till they get what they want for free then 3 mounths later when they haven't gotten any medz and there CG won't talk to them they wonder why....

Patient's should look for a resonable person that that they feel comfy with and work out a fair deal.cause in the end there gonna be happy when they get good medz at a good price with no BS attached.....

FREE MEDZ = YOU PROBLY WON'T SEE ANY MEDZ>>IMO

HA! I remember this guy posting that he needed a caregiver...was 21 and was from oakland county somewhere ( lake orion ) i do believe. I pm'd back and forth with this person and was seriously thinking of signing him on. He said in his post that he normally needed between 1 to 2 z's a week depending on his cash flow. Glad I didnt sign him on. My only patient is a family member and I like to keep it this way. Ive thought in the past of caregiving for people I didnt know but never felt quite right about it, now I know why. Know thy patient or s#$t like this could happen. This guy should be arrested in my eyes...be safe folks!!!

I don't think free meds means a bad cg I know alot of cgs that give free meds, and actually follow through even in these times, now its the cg that has to worry. I'm not even a cg, but this makes me sick, what a failure of the system to let ppl trying to help get locked up, and have their real patients do without. No wonder ppl can't find a cg. I would definately set him out harsh, but who knows he may be someone else that reads this forums supposed pt too. I would rather them be called out than see a good person go to jail no question.

HA! I remember this guy posting that he needed a caregiver...was 21 and was from oakland county somewhere ( lake orion ) i do believe. I pm'd back and forth with this person and was seriously thinking of signing him on. He said in his post that he normally needed between 1 to 2 z's a week depending on his cash flow. Glad I didnt sign him on. My only patient is a family member and I like to keep it this way. Ive thought in the past of caregiving for people I didnt know but never felt quite right about it, now I know why. Know thy patient or s#$t like this could happen. This guy should be arrested in my eyes...be safe folks!!!

Good instincts, especially seeing we live in the same county and don't have a very understanding prosecuter here. I'm glad all this is coming out. I made a post earlier about the ads for cg's selling patients, I would rather be sold and still legal, than tricked into being illegal. I wish jail on noone really, but he may need it thats wrong

Personaly I would call LARA and at the very least leave them a msg w this persons personal information and let them know what he is trying to pull...maybe even send a letter. He is definitly abusing the system for profit as he is probably ( just my opinion )dealing meds for a profit.

Its not that hes "dealing" meds for a profit, its the fact that hes putting peoples lives at risk.I love helping people but Im not going to do it for free, to much time,effort,money and RISK(of my own life, perfectly legal or not) put into it..Ive worried about this type of thing from the beggining(I was among the first 500 according to the mdch website to have my name on any kind of caregiver application and approved)..quite frankly Im getting a little bit fed up of always hearing."the patient", oh patient bla bla bla...were all in this together and if anything, the ones providing the medicine, risking there well being,putting there information out there about what there doing, should be protected FIRST and foremost, we are the ones who put out the MOST risk, u kno with felony charges and all..I would like to see someone charged with a felony punishable by up to 7 years in prison for using marijuanna...people need to speak up and quite being afraid of what anyone thinks, I would have NEVER asked to post this guys screen name, hell I would post his NAME without thinking twice...If the mods had a problem with it, id start PMING it around...its bullchit..and really pisses me..wheres the justice for this guy Bwinkler1990, your around my age..u make us look bad, If I seen you today, Id smack the hell out of you, you might beat me up in return(higly doubt it)but at least Id of touched on your pride..u kno what with being back handed and all. :growl:

1. always send in the paperwork yourself.

2. MDCH MMMP will know if the patient has another CG, so the application can be denied - invalid. If you found 3 cards from 3 CGs with that patient's name - only one is valid. I switched CG to CG, then to Patient status during my one year with the MMMP - so it is possible to see cards with names on several - Cards were supposed to be destroyed by the owner upon receiving the new one - so maybe it will be a criminal penalty for carrying void MMMP cards.

3. This scam can go both ways - CG or Patients trying to scam meds or money by signing on each other, and not telling about another CG or patient. This is another reason to use a CONTRACT - the contract will state that the facts represented by the CG or Patient is TRUE. If the patient or CG switch on you without telling you, you still have the contract which could state the patient or CG has to notify you of changes. The contract could be the only proof you had that you intended to have a legit relationship with the CG/Patient - and it will be signed by the other party.

DN

Digital Nomad i never thought about a contract.. :jig:

So ill through this out there what are some basics u put in your contract with your PT ?

I would think basics about notification of separation... what other things....

It could well be that he simply waited for the state to notified the "changed" CGs. The state may have failed or never sent the cancellation or the other CGs are denying they rec'd them.

Course a call/email from the PT to the former CG was the right thing to do, guy could just be criminally lazy.

How do you know that the PT even submitted the paperwork or if the state accepted it?

I got the CG designation paperwork back yesterday stating that I neglected to include my photo ID.

Timeline: CG form submitted on 10/31. Check cashed on 11/3. Sixteen days later (on 11/19) I get a letter from MMMP saying to please resubmit. What were they doing for this 15 days (postmarked 11/18)? Why didn't they send back the forms immediately when there was a problem??

I immediately notified my CG. Will send everything back with photo ID, certified mail first thing Monday.

It would be relatively trivial to have a system whereby a CG or PT could logon to a mi.gov site and see their current status, assigned CG, etc.

What a screwed up system we have. It looks like it was setup by clueless amateurs...

Digital Nomad i never thought about a contract.. :jig:

So ill through this out there what are some basics u put in your contract with your PT ?

I would think basics about notification of separation... what other things....

contract is a written agreement signed by two people or more, notarized or witnessed. you can stipulate what ever you want - amounts you will provide each month, 'no selling meds' clause, business hours and days, or how emergencies are handled, and if they get another CG without informing per MMMA law, you will sue them for legal jeopardy (legal terms anyone?) - I suppose if you both agree that the penalty for this was $10,000 - it would hold in court. The patient should be happy to sign the contract as it spells out your services pretty clearly - ie amounts you will provide, perhaps a price fix limit. So only the patient who intends to break the rules would not sign a contract.

The contract can say - BY SIGNING THIS, I AM AFFIRMING THAT I HAVE SUBMITTED THE LEGAL REQUIRED PAPERWORK UNDER THE MMMACT etc etc

A patient can also propose the contract, it is not just for CGs.

DN

A contract if it is signed is binding, so word it clearly.

The patient should, and the State may say something. The fact is that neither the patient nor the State is obligated to notify the caregiver of any changes. The caregiver should not be sending in any paperwork, because the State is not supposed to accept any paperwork from the caregiver.

It is possible for an unscrupulous patient to attach themselves to a number of caregivers, all it takes is $10 and a change form. This would only make sense if the patient is gaining a worthwhile benefit. Sometimes it is the caregiver offering the patient a good deal. Again, $10 and a change form. This could also be the result of ignorance of one party or the other. It’s the last care issued that is good.

Not only is it activities like this that gives Schuette fuel, it is why you should KNOW with whom you deal.

The patient should, and the State may say something. The fact is that neither the patient nor the State is obligated to notify the caregiver of any changes. The caregiver should not be sending in any paperwork, because the State is not supposed to accept any paperwork from the caregiver.

Really?I dont think that is true, I believe the state is obligated somewhere to send a notice,they just arent, there probably so backed up that they dont even notice these things hence why you dont get a letter.could be anything.How is it the state isnt supposed to accept paperwork from a caregiver, as in I cant mail it in?My name and info are on those papers too, and I sign one of them, so why cant I send in the paperwork from my house?I dont see what difference it makes.

Archived