A Look Into Longhair's Laboratory

LongHairBri

you want a 6 gallon control bucket only because its easier to install the float valve at the correct flood level.

you can use another 5 gallon for the controller but you have to carefully trim the reinforcement rings around the top flush (about 1.5 to 2 inches down from top) w/o cutting yourself or ruining the bucket.

with the 6 gallon you simply install the float valve just below the reinforcement rings, leaving enough room for the nut to screw on

lhb (alex grey fkyea) nice setup , skimmed through the thread so not sure if someone brought this up but as far as the grommets go i built a Under Current system recently a 12 site with 18-gal pales and used some grommets called Uniseals, they are kinda pricey but are well worth the money, almost $6 a peice but i bought the 2" ones, any under that size are like half the price. all u have to do is drill the hole in the bucket pop in the uniseal (kinda a pain in the donkey to put in) and then u can just take the pvc (i havent tried vinyl tubing) pipe in and out of the seal whenever no leaks at all, no glue or anything like that. -----pain in the donkey lol, atleast the censorship on this site is funny

Edited by robotmonkeyghost

I was talking with DM about his setup and Nuts. LHB what is your take on running Veg and Bloom on 1 Rez? I have never tried that. I believe yours is separate rez's. I have always set mine up with two. Mainly because I running full line of GH plus a few add's. (LHB is talking me into switching) Also, LHB let me know what you think on the Air flow situation. :) Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

The concept is very simple. It took a bit to get it dialed in. (like everything else). The dual timers is crazy. Still trying to get a handle on them. Either they are set to close together where it leaves water behind or it has a soak period. Be sure not to under size the air pump. I have been struggling with 2 -(45 lpm) and it's not enough output. Some site's were not getting any air. I love those air disk's. New pump is on the way. <--- This might give me peace of mind on the soak periods...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say how nice it was to be able to be out of state for almost 3 weeks and come home like nothing missed a beat.. I had 1/2 my rez still left and numbers were solid and my girls are now giants going to flower tonight... The ease along with production makes this system AWESOME! :thumbsu: Thanks LHB for everything you do!!!!

did you catch that Dman? he put 3 plants in his system and left for nearly 3 weeks!! no one checked/adjusted the rez FOR 2.5 WEEKS!!!!

when he got home plants were ready to switch and the rez was just under half full. 880ppm, 6.2pH...not exactly the target numbers but close enough

Ya, That's beautiful. To bad we didn't have before and after pictures on the growth. I love to see that.

I'm are doing great. Last of the reflective was put in last night. Fixed the fresh air vent. Installed an 8" in-line fan. Now I got to fix the exhaust. I was thinking of a 6" in-line fan dumping into another room with the Ozone gen. That way the O3 can't backup into the Bloom room.

I hope to get another 600watt'er today with a Dual Arc bulb. Just wish there was a closer store to me.

• 2 weeks later...

So just to fill people in. Bloom room is completed. I setup a separate Rez in the bloom room cause I run a whole line of nutrients for them. I decided to go with the new Lumket 1000 ballast Air cooled. I up graded one of the hoods to a King Cobra Hood and switched the old one to the Veg room. This way if something fails I have a back up Ballast. Always think of multi uses! Still working on the Air flow pattern. It's crazy to understand the implications of 1 change on a room and how it effects the entire environmental controls on both.