37 replies to this topic

#1 Taproot

Taproot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDown by the river

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Hey there folks! I'm looking for some input from this community as to which strains I should put in the garden to replace the ladies I'm about to harvest, here in about a week. I didn't take any more clones from the strains I had been growing (due to "drama") and just grew them out, and as of right now my veg room is empty and in about a week I won't have any plants at all...I was wondering which strains you guys and gals who grow would recomend that I "restock with". I have only one patient so I can only grow 24 plants. I have a buddy that will give me clones for nothing and he has a pretty good assortment of strains so I'll start with 10-12 of those. But what I need help with is which seeds to buy because the other 12 plants I want to grow from seed so I can get some males of decent genetics to start a breeding project that I have in mind, I understand that strains are very subjective but as long as the strains are mostly indica I'll be happy....So any ideas as to which mostly indica strains I should take a stab at growing? And if you have had luck with a certain seed company would you please also let me know? I have never purchased seeds over the net and I don't want to get ripped off. SO anyway, any ideas/information would be greatly appreciated.

#2 donnachris

donnachris

Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient/Advanced Newbie Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:22 AM

You should list what strains you have the opportunity to get.from your friend.

#3 JB420

JB420

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationAround the way

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

As for seed companies there are alot of good ones dr. greenthums comes to mind as one of the best but expensive. Attitude has a huge selection of breeders and is a little cheaper. I know several ppl that use them. I'm sure several ppl will have more good ones.

#4 Budz-4-U

Budz-4-U

Budz-4-u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationGladwin/Midland, MI

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:56 AM

Seed Prices

Edited by Budz-4-U, 02 December 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#5 Budz-4-U

Budz-4-U

Budz-4-u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

:blink:

Edited by Budz-4-U, 02 December 2011 - 09:59 AM.

#6 Budz-4-U

Budz-4-U

Budz-4-u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Effects Comparisons

http://www.leafly.com/explore

#7 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Doesn't Play Well with Others

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
  • LocationFascist Republik of Amerika
Contributor

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

Try Afghan Kush.Very tasty, good yields, classic Indica.

World of Seeds Legend Collection Afghan Kush Special is pollen obtained from plants genetically modificated. The male is obtained from a determinated quantity of plants growth with a mitothic inhibitor that give us polysomic plants. This mutant hybrids has been selected and classified with the best properties in order to obtain a new potential genetic in a new cross. Afghan Kush Special feminized cannabis seeds are ideal for indoor growing. She produces a heavy yield with 400gr per m2. She also shows excellent performance when grown outdoors with the yield 500-600gr per m2. It won't take more than 3 weeks before the seed turns into compact cannabis plants that can be successfully cloned. When grown indoors, the height of a plant is not more than 1,5m. The outdoor grower will be enchanted with 2 m high giants of pure indica goodness. Flowering period is 6-8 weeks. Outdoor cannabis grower can start harvesting in October.
Afghan Kush Special marijuana produces massive rounded sticky buds of pure indica, THC is 20%. The smell of this cannabis variety is hashish, so popular between cannabis smokers. They describe its flavour as fruity sweet and enjoy its very narcotic powerful effect.

#8 Zerocool

Zerocool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Locationupper michigan

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

not sure on what are the best that is all up to the grower likes

#9 newbie313

newbie313

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Lemon cake

#10 Camnibus

Camnibus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit Area

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

You could always re-veg what you have, if it's something you like. Just takes some time.

#11 purklize

purklize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:26 AM

DJ Short's Blueberry is phenomenal. Just beware of fake seeds, they're out there.

#12 stuckinabeat

stuckinabeat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

The canna collective has lots of great genetics. Top Dawg, Og Raskal, G.O.D. and lots of others. You can get herijuana there in seed form. Very nice site and great freebies.

#13 Budz-4-U

Budz-4-U

Budz-4-u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

Cover the 3 major bases: Indica, Sativa, and Hybrid.

#14 ScottB

ScottB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationbfe

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hey there folks! I'm looking for some input from this community as to which strains I should put in the garden to replace the ladies I'm about to harvest, here in about a week. I didn't take any more clones from the strains I had been growing (due to "drama") and just grew them out, and as of right now my veg room is empty and in about a week I won't have any plants at all...I was wondering which strains you guys and gals who grow would recomend that I "restock with". I have only one patient so I can only grow 24 plants. I have a buddy that will give me clones for nothing and he has a pretty good assortment of strains so I'll start with 10-12 of those. But what I need help with is which seeds to buy because the other 12 plants I want to grow from seed so I can get some males of decent genetics to start a breeding project that I have in mind, I understand that strains are very subjective but as long as the strains are mostly indica I'll be happy....So any ideas as to which mostly indica strains I should take a stab at growing? And if you have had luck with a certain seed company would you please also let me know? I have never purchased seeds over the net and I don't want to get ripped off. SO anyway, any ideas/information would be greatly appreciated.

Is it just me or is this why their is so much problems for the legit growers. I see no mention of ay medical condition. Is this not why you got your medical card? You listed no medical condition for your patient or your self. That alone makes me wonder why you applied for a card.[ Personally I grow for my self for chronic back pain. And i grow the strain that is for chronic back pain.

#15 rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul

"THE O.G."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lemon cake

Everyone should grow lemon cake. :thumbsu:

#16 rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul

"THE O.G."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

DJ Short's Blueberry is phenomenal. Just beware of fake seeds, they're out there.

Finicky plant. I wouldn't recommend it for a newer grower.

Definetely White Widow. Easy to grow with big yields.

#17 kzooareacaregiver

kzooareacaregiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUnder the Radar (Kzoo Area)

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Chill out ScottB, he said he was a caregiver with a patient. He does not need to list his medical condition for you, that's between him and his Dr. It would help to know medical conditions for proper strain selection, but its not necessary.

Edited by kzooareacaregiver, 06 December 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#18 raf

raf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationnorth of the state line

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

I would pick White Widow but only the original from mr nice seeds. my strain is 15 years old and still rockin.

#19 donnachris

donnachris

Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient/Advanced Newbie Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Is it just me or is this why their is so much problems for the legit growers. I see no mention of ay medical condition. Is this not why you got your medical card? You listed no medical condition for your patient or your self. That alone makes me wonder why you applied for a card.[ Personally I grow for my self for chronic back pain. And i grow the strain that is for chronic back pain.

Just curious, what strain do you grow for chronic back pain??

#20 ScottB

ScottB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationbfe

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

Just curious, what strain do you grow for chronic back pain??

White Widow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users