Pain Management Dr.

Anyone see a pain Doctor I just tested Positive and was told he would not treat me anymore. Now I don't know what to do but get ready for a tough week ahead. Sometimes I have to wonder is big PHAMIA and the Goverment in bed together. Are the Feds coming next (wtf). Well hope this helps me get off OXICONTIN and other Opaids. This is a new frontier and roads have to be made. I just don't know where to turn. Still hope everyone has a Merry Christmas

I will pray for you . I can't function at all after 16 years on meds when they do that to me . It is barberic and patients need protections against abuse . If a Doctor becomes angry , moves , or as you said you tested positive for what is suppose to be legal this is so wrong . I have had trouble with other medications that were later taken off the market for death but when they occured the pain meds were blamed and pulled . I live in constant fear of what your going through and it is wrong . I was so suprised after being on pain control in the 90's to find out patients will be humiliated , blamed , and treated poorly if they report discomfort while on pain meds and there are no proper affordable detox facilities that can keep people reasonabley comfortable on individual withdrawal profiles for patients that have severe non intractable pain . Just be thankful they aren't going to force off label use psychiatric meds on you when your vulnerable . They should at least by law be required to step you down gently over a years time or give you 180 days in patient care if you have been on them over a year . It is unreal patients have no protections in this State on dependent medications . Some poeple have little trouble others really have a hard time even die if they have a bad heart or other weakness . Cannabis and for me hot baths helped me off methadone out patient but I weaned without saying anything because i wanted the comfort of knowing I could stop the withdrawls if I wanted to and also to prove to myself I could do it with the drug available . I am truly sorry you should make the place and Doctors name public . I know there doing it but it is wrong . I hope you havent' been on these opiods longer then a year with a high dose . This really upsets me but nobody cares about patients comfort or saftey . It says right in the FDA instructions not to do this . They would never do this with Lyrica or Nortiptyline it makes no sense . For a Doctor to hurt a patient ever is wrong . They do this in every Jail and the Prison system also it is barberic and I know personally of one death in Oakland County though they also gave pyschiatric meds for withdrawl .

Edited by Croppled1

It's not easy or fun coming off Big Pharma poison for the person going through it and the people around them too.It can be done and for me its been a blessing.Your pain doctor will give You some meds to help wean you off.It can be fatal for some to go cold turkey.What helped me was better butter (marijuana infused)Good luck and I hope You have a better quality of life after the poisons are out of your body.

It's not easy or fun coming off Big Pharma poison for the person going through it and the people around them too.It can be done and for me its been a blessing.Your pain doctor will give You some meds to help wean you off.It can be fatal for some to go cold turkey.What helped me was better butter (marijuana infused)Good luck and I hope You have a better quality of life after the poisons are out of your body.

I really respect what you did and am glad for you but for some the pain is too high to not be treated . Though everyone deserves a shot to see if they were given the meds when they could be free of them . Its hard to be objective I had a event this week with a high fever , dehydration it was bad and the first thing I thought was OMG if I go to emergency they may just detox me first or put me under observation ( the last time my medical routine was not followed because this hospital didn't agree with my hospital or my regular routine ) At one point my records even said I was on a paid study for a med I refused .

. So I held on scared I could not dial a phone when I determined there was no choice . Nobody should live like that patients need protections and for some pain meds with adjunctive care available truly gives a quality of life that wasn't possible before . I know you can lower and tolerate meds better at least in my case . I am glad you found a better path but remember were all of different medical situations . Many of us suffer with maladies not even understood in our time nor respected for how horrendous they are with Doctors quick to give up overworked . Most spend only minutes a year with patients working from memory . .

Edited by Croppled1

Guest Medicinal Patient

Let me know if you need a pain clinic in the Grand Rapids area that allows their pts to treat their pain with pharma and mmj. They can see new patients within 2 weeks as of now. Maybe quicker if they sense the urgent need. It is appalling that these drs can abruptly drop their patients and put the pts lives at risk with withdrawals from heavy pain meds. If you need to go to a ER to get a script to get you by may I suggest an Urgent Care over any of the big hospitals. They show more compassion and don't discriminate as much. Good Luck

Red Flag could there of been a mistake in the relatively new script computer system with individual RX numbers for each one . Maybe they thought you tried a double fill because of someones data entry error . Can someone help you find out ?

Edited by Croppled1

Kratom is a natural and safe way of dealing with opiate withdrawals. It itself has a low abuse potential, and you don't get much tolerance from using it. Also, DXM (get the cough syrup that has nothing but DXM in it!!!) at normal therapeutic doses is a GODSEND for opiate withdrawals. I am sending you a PM with a vendor for the kratom that I have used in the past multiple times - reliable, fast shipping, unusually quality product. If it is okay for me to post this vendor publicly, could someone let me know? I'm sure there's lurkers who are in a similar situation. I really think this stuff could save a life, Ive heard of suicides over WDs.

Well I'm still alive after my first 24 hours needed a valium to get this far, for those who care Thanks very much!!

I have been on this bunny muffin for over 12 years and for a doctor to drop me like that makes me feel that doctors are not compassionate to pain management as some have said he should have helped with detox I have a broken back with rods and screws as of yesterday I was on 400mg of oxycontin this doctor with all of them meds in me I felt good. but always wanted to get off of them here is my chance. again thanks for the prayers and we will see what happens tonight any one know how long this will take to detox completely?

Well I'm still alive after my first 24 hours needed a valium to get this far, for those who care Thanks very much!!

I have been on this bunny muffin for over 12 years and for a doctor to drop me like that makes me feel that doctors are not compassionate to pain management as some have said he should have helped with detox I have a broken back with rods and screws as of yesterday I was on 400mg of oxycontin this doctor with all of them meds in me I felt good. but always wanted to get off of them here is my chance. again thanks for the prayers and we will see what happens tonight any one know how long this will take to detox completely?

400mg or 40mg? It somewhat depends on how long you've been taking the med. I can only go by what I've been told by others, but going cold turkey without tapering causes at least a week of feeling like absolute dog crap. I've been told it's like taking the worse case of flu you've ever had and magnifying it 100 times. Keep in mind though it won't literally kill you like an addiction to benzodiazepines might, just make you feel horrible, and it will subside.

I've been lead to understand forced withdrawl is rarely a long term answer unless the individual is also willingly attempting it. I can state from personal experience you would find strong moral support at a good Narcotics Anonymous meeting.

I worry about your pain control as well. Removal of an opiate addiction tends to magnify pain sensations that wouldn't be as strong for a non-addicted individual.

Good luck.

Three days, been there and done it. Snotty nose, muscle cramps and anxiety. Oh and diarrhea.... Thank god for mm because I think I would have gone nuts without it! I was on 40mg three times a day plus oxycodone as needed for breakthrough pain so you know I was hooked on them after 12 years. You can do it and you will feel reborn after about three days. The anxiety was the worst part...

i need to find a dr in the state that is canna compliant myself. not for me but for my ex wife.

she just moved back from alaska, has both shoulder cuffs torn. had op on the one, they are supposed to be redoing it, then her other one sometime after.

in the meantime, she hates her current Doc and is looking to get carded (got that covered) but needs to find an MMJ compliant Dr as a Pain Doc.

Someone mentioned one of the places in Mt Pleasant a while back i think it was. Anyone have any info would be good. She ll need to get in for an appt. asap.

I was told by this pain doctor that you can't take opaid therapy and Medical Marijuana this is what he was basing his discussion since his license to dispense drugs fall under Federal law(DEA) and not state law even after I remind him that I was legal, but I'm not going to let this doctor off the hook he has made many mistakes in his dispensing, and billing the funny farmer is not laughing. So in closing beware but I have not found that I broke any laws here in Michigan yet. (lol) If there is a lawyer out there that is reading this please let me know but I think I'm going to call Jeffery, or Sam or Lee take care and god bless the cause

400mg or 40mg? It somewhat depends on how long you've been taking the med. I can only go by what I've been told by others, but going cold turkey without tapering causes at least a week of feeling like absolute dog crap. I've been told it's like taking the worse case of flu you've ever had and magnifying it 100 times. Keep in mind though it won't literally kill you like an addiction to benzodiazepines might, just make you feel horrible, and it will subside.

I've been lead to understand forced withdrawl is rarely a long term answer unless the individual is also willingly attempting it. I can state from personal experience you would find strong moral support at a good Narcotics Anonymous meeting.

I worry about your pain control as well. Removal of an opiate addiction tends to magnify pain sensations that wouldn't be as strong for a non-addicted individual.

Good luck.

They should be jailed for this ( I am sorry that helps nothing either ) . There is no reason to go cold turkey NA has killed more then one patient depending on the nuts in the local group - they do not understand everyones medical situation and often give terrible advice . I know you should taper as a fail safe . Are you still driving ? Working ? Nobody can say you can take cold turkey as a patient you should taper if quiting is your goal . Even hearing people not knowing you or your medical conditions is insane to just say its ok for everyone . Try 6 months or more of insane suffering and disorientation after 12 years for some with a need for sober living and maybe there is no point to it but it is someones elses moral choice because the consequences are justifyable .

The system is full of nuts with theories , other drugs etc there are no protections or approved real treatment . You taper period until it is unbearable then you go inpatient if you must to jump off . Are you people recommending her jump off sure she doesn't live alone ? Your bad people not everyone is the same and some know it . She may need care and watching over . 12 years on a med it is your only normal chemical balance and this is a salt . Call the American Pain Foundation and report this and the Doctor . They may give you a referal to at least taper . This Doctor is immoral going against his oath to help .

You better fight like hell now because in three days you will be vulnerble and possibley insane . Nobody knows and they should not comment on this . Even the Pat Moore foundation tapered people on opiods until the shrinks took over after it grew and they still use a methadone or suboxone taper . Myself I react worse to those blockers .I have been hospitalized because my muscles tighten in withdrawls and I can't breath . I have a very serious reaction in withdrawls . They darn near killed me last time and the system never learns so it isn't done again . I live in absoulte fear . I am so sorry for you . This is very upsetting to other pain patients .

Even if it is 40 mg on oxy a taper down to 10's helps make it more comfortable . If you want to jump off thats one thing but I would have the drug around just incase in a lower dose with a Doctors care . Quite frankly they don't help much to be honest . It is the access and encouragement with positive care . OMG . Shame on these people . Of course any help they would give would cost 10's of thousands with no gaurantees when that isn't necessary either and what do you do for your pain . I have been on dozens of drugs with half a dozen taken off the market for death or black labelled after I was called a liar repeatedly for exactly what I was saying was happening . I am so sorry I can't help you .

Believe me even modern medicine doesn't have this down pat ! I will pray for you many people do ok just remember that and when it is the worst it will get better live minute through minute . This is wrong !!!!!

You are not a addict because these people call you one you are more then likely dependent and have a bad Doctor . A lawyer isnt the problem you need pain activists and often they are very sick too I don't know if you can get help in time .

http://www.painfoundation.org/

This used to be a good site but now its run by addiction centers still it shows the agony people wihtout insurance go through

http://www.heroin-detox.com/

Dr David Arnesons letter to patients on methadone detox a gold standared has been removed but he helped many identify areas of nutrients that were lacking after years of use in patients . I don't know what happened to him but he atleast cared though he recommended cold turkey at a level about where your at if its 40 mg a day . No reason not to do 20 then 10 if someone helps or have all the cannabis you want with care . At a point you won't want any . Be prepared for nuclear war and if your one of the lucky ones count your blessings . I am truly scared for you .

Some people may think I over reacted . I have had this done to me twice besides being to sick to get my meds when dependent .I was on low dose after taper oxycontin and another Doctor sent me to the ER during a appointment I had when they saw my breathing difficulty . The now head of the U of M program had done to me what is happening to you . I couldn't even stand by the time I got to the ER in a wheelchair . They did thousands of dollars of tests . They couldn't believe and infact at first didn't believe it was withdrawls off such a low dose . Blood tests confirmed it was . There is no way I should of been alone doing that . People do die though public perception and urban myth says you can't . Such a shame when people are trusting and trying to effect positive change . Now it was alchohal but look at Amy Winehouse . Cold turkey is rumored to have killed her . Our community should not let behavior against patients go as - it may be for the best . Especially for patients alone , older , or in weakened condition . No Doctor should do this ever there is a responsibillity both ways . A person on Levothroid would be suicidel if it was stopped nobody would consider it and they shouldn't with any other dependent medication . Medication should not be used to punish individuals and it is more often then most poeple realize interms of suffering and or occurance . It is time we had protections as patients to continuence of care as well as proper in patient detox facilities . I know I have a very good grasp on what I require and I believe it would work for many who are also in pain . Pain patients have it so bad . They didn't ask for this why does society dish it back as punishment ignoring their suffering when that was the whole reason they went on medications in the first place . Handled properly one doesn't have to suffer but it takes time insurance parameters wont cover under customerry and necessary . I know you can run a affordable program for what they charge for these ones that are inhumane and do not listen to patients or work through making it truly tolerable or finding out what the health issue is making detox difficult .

Edited by Croppled1

They should be jailed for this ( I am sorry that helps nothing either ) . There is no reason to go cold turkey NA has killed more then one patient depending on the nuts in the local group - they do not understand everyones medical situation and often give terrible advice . I know you should taper as a fail safe . Are you still driving ? Working ? Nobody can say you can take cold turkey as a patient you should taper if quiting is your goal . Even hearing people not knowing you or your medical conditions is insane to just say its ok for everyone . Try 6 months or more of insane suffering and disorientation after 12 years for some with a need for sober living and maybe there is no point to it but it is someones elses moral choice because the consequences are justifyable .

The system is full of nuts with theories , other drugs etc there are no protections or approved real treatment . You taper period until it is unbearable then you go inpatient if you must to jump off . Are you people recommending her jump off sure she doesn't live alone ? Your bad people not everyone is the same and some know it . She may need care and watching over . 12 years on a med it is your only normal chemical balance and this is a salt . Call the American Pain Foundation and report this and the Doctor . They may give you a referal to at least taper . This Doctor is immoral going against his oath to help .

You better fight like hell now because in three days you will be vulnerble and possibley insane . Nobody knows and they should not comment on this . Even the Pat Moore foundation tapered people on opiods until the shrinks took over after it grew and they still use a methadone or suboxone taper . Myself I react worse to those blockers . I am so sorry for you . This is very upsetting to other pain patients .

Even if it is 40 mg on oxy a taper down to 10's helps make it more comfortable . If you want to jump off thats one thing but I would have the drug around just incase in a lower dose with a Doctors care . Quite frankly they don't help much to be honest . It is the access and encouragement with positive care . OMG . Shame on these people . Of course any help they would give would cost 10's of thousands with no gaurantees when that isn't necessary either and what do you do for your pain . I have been on dozens of drugs with half a dozen taken off the market for death or black labelled after I was called a liar repeatedly for exactly what I was saying was happening . I am so sorry I can't help you .

Believe me even modern medicine doesn't have this down pat ! I will pray for you many people do ok just remember that and when it is the worst it will get better live minute through minute . This is wrong !!!!!

You are not a addict because these people call you one you are more then likely dependent and have a bad Doctor . A lawyer isnt the problem you need pain activists and often they are very sick too I don't know if you can get help in time .

http://www.painfoundation.org/

This used to be a good site but now its run by addiction centers still it shows the agony people wihtout insurance go through

http://www.heroin-detox.com/

Dr David Arnesons letter to patients on methadone detox a gold standared has been removed but he helped many identify areas of nutrients that were lacking after years of use in patients . I don't know what happened to him but he atleast cared though he recommended cold turkey at a level about where your at if its 40 mg a day . No reason not to do 20 then 10 if someone helps or have all the cannabis you want with care . At a point you won't want any . Be prepared for nuclear war and if your one of the lucky ones count your blessings . I am truly scared for you .

Some people may think I over reacted . I have had this done to me twice besides being to sick to get my meds when dependent .I was on low dose after taper oxycontin and another Doctor sent me to the ER during a appointment I had . They couldn't believe and infact at first didn't believe it was withdrawls . Blood tests confirmed it was . There is no way I should of been alone doing that . People do die though public perception and urban myth says you can't . Such a shame when people are trusting and trying to effect positive change . Now it was alchohal but look at Amy Winehouse . Cold turkey is rumored to have killed her . Our community should not let behavior against patients go as - it may be for the best . Especially for patients alone , older , or in weakened condition . No Doctor should do this ever there is a responsibillity both ways . A person on Levothroid would be suicidel if it was stopped nobody would consider it and they shouldn't with any other dependent medication . Medication should not be used to punish individuals and it is more often then most poeple realize interms of suffering and or occurance .

So far my family Doctor wouldn't talk to me, my shrink is in hiding found an old friendly Doctor that I had left for the pain Doctor after 12 years he still was the only one to answer and treat me. I'm feeling much better but still think it will last another week or so. I called a lawyer but he tells me that all pain doctors use a contract so I have no recourse unless I would have jumped off a bridge and died!!! The best thing about this whole problem is that I'm going to be free of Oxycontin my pain level sucks big time and I feel like I'm having a heart attack. But I have not even smoked anything as of today I don't drink just pepto and Tylenol over the counter for pain. The biggest thing I want to say is when I received my card from the state the blue page from the Department of Licensing and Regulatory affairs

SEC. 7 a the use of medical Marihuana is allowed under state law......

b) I can't undertake any task under the influence of Marihuana, when doing so would constitute negligence or professional malpractice. WTF I'm not to clear on this I could drive my truck on Oxycontin, Valium, and any other drugs that any Doctor prescribed for the past 12 years. And so on to SEC. 4

Sec. 4 Protection for the Medical use of marihuana

a)A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry Identification card shall NOT be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau for the medical use in accordance with this act.

This Doctor lives and works in MICHIGAN the law need to be FIXED to protect people from BIG DRUG COMPANIES, THE IRS,DEA,STATE POLICE, FEDS, and anyone else that want some of my rectum. Since I don't see what rights I have as of today

The people of the Great State of Michigan should watch and vote, if they can do this then where will it stop?

God Bless and I will still have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and for the NEW Year let's all get involved with this Law.

Thanks for the prayers and blessings they are most appreciated.

I was told by this pain doctor that you can't take opaid therapy and Medical Marijuana this is what he was basing his discussion since his license to dispense drugs fall under Federal law(DEA) and not state law even after I remind him that I was legal, but I'm not going to let this doctor off the hook he has made many mistakes in his dispensing, and billing the funny farmer is not laughing. So in closing beware but I have not found that I broke any laws here in Michigan yet. (lol) If there is a lawyer out there that is reading this please let me know but I think I'm going to call Jeffery, or Sam or Lee take care and god bless the cause

Tell him to read his medical journals and magazines, the UCSF just finished up at study that used MMJ in conjuction with opiates to check for any adverse or negative effects. Study concluded it was safe to use opiates and MMJ together and there were no adverse effects when used together, on the other hand there was a 25% reduction in pain for people that used both. Would be interesting to see a study of just MMJ up against opiates and see which one works the best, RSO is better than Oxycotin IMO.

Dear American Pain Foundation member,

American Pain Foundation (APF) would like to share with you a series of articles published in the Seattle Times that expose deplorable and inadequate pain care for Washington state residents. Legislators and regulators in other states are closely following pain care legislation in Washington state which could, unfortunately, result in other states modeling their pain policies after these substandard policies.

Seattle Times staff writers Mike Berens and Kevin Armstrong reported on how new Washington state policies create unjust barriers and prevent people with pain from receiving appropriate pain care. These barriers include:

• Policies that result in health care providers refusing to treat people with pain;
  • Policies that require a one-size-fits-all guideline for pain care; thereby encouraging providers to disregard specific needs of people with pain;
  • Regulations that cause people with pain to be treated differently than any other person with a disease or health condition (e.g., mandating use of signed treatment agreements and infringing on a person’s medical and personal privacy); and
  • Restricting access to pain care for Medicaid recipients and the uninsured (70 % of Washington state community health clinics no longer treat pain).

APF has been working diligently to improve pain care and challenge policies that impede access to pain care in Washington state and the rest of the U.S. It is important to applaud media reports that provide accurate accounts of pain management issues and expose barriers that hinder access to care.

Two Articles for background on pain patients and issues faced in Seattle Washington one on access denied after years of treatment ( patients need protections ) the other regarding the forced switching onto methadone for the purpose of saving money or insitutional discrimination of other drugs . Both situations have occured in our hospital system so it appears patients need protection to continance of care both inside and outside institutions . Why should pain not be treated the same if one is incarcreated ,put into a nursing home or foster care ? It is sometimes hard to not be apathetic with so many good orginizations fighting real problems out there which have been created by people with good intentions who do not recognize the reality the sick and suffering face .

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016994769_silent12.html

http://seattletimes....2_silent11.html

http://ipr.interlochen.org/ipr-news-features/episode/13147

Edited by Croppled1