Locked Door Question

Guest animal1x

If I am inside my grow room working, am I supposed to lock myself in? My room is long and narrow, with barely enough room move around when I am also in there. Although there is room for me to walk inside, for me to have to shut and lock the door when I am moving around watering/feeding/gardening may not be feasable.

Thanks,

Animal

I believe I read that they are actually trying to get that in the Redden case. But the only way you could never violate that would be to have two doors. One to lock behind you while you go in the other one or else you would violate the act every time you simply turn the key in your lock. I would pray that any reasonable person (i.e. Judge/prosecutor) would see this as ridiculous and petty. But...

what bothers me about the law, is a person is also a security device. If a person is in the grow or near it, it should be considered secure - because that person is watching the room.

What I do is consider that I run a facility that manufactures a controlled substance. I consider that not only LEO needs me to secure the stuff like any other 'high security' facility that would also make a CS, like a pill manufacturer. So they want it protected from the general public and unauthorized persons.

Then I consider that criminals would want to steal this high value material, and since it is untraceable and quickly disposed of - its a high theft item. LEO does not want to have to deal with a case where people got shot over some plants. You don't want civil problems with people you blew away because they found your grow.

I just try to get my head around that I am not growing tomatoes or peppers. I get my head around that I have something valuable and something that dirtbags want (crminal or LEO)

don't forget the signs - they are printed to warn LEO to contact the MDCH MMMP and has a space for your registry #s.

DN

Lastly - It does bother the wife.

No one can come over, period. Ok, except the mother in law who we can trust not to get stupid.

We have rules for the door - if someone comes knocking, we don't answer. We don't respond. Usually its mail or Fedex with a package, they leave it.

If the knocking persist, she comes to get me. This is stressful, as only dirtbags keep knocking.

Look out the window, Identify. Grab wallet with IDs, leave keys behind. Get outside. The front door is a specifically designed 'man-trap'. A man-trap is an area that traps people, it is restrictive, and it can be either obvious or subtle that people do not realize they are in a man trap. A bank - the entry doorway with the double doors, can automatically lock in the event of a robbery - thats a man trap. Another man trap is a 'fatal funnel' a long hallway to the front door, people will be trapped in this long exposed hallway.

My man trap is a stairway, it is narrow and the front door opens outward to the steps - so you have to step off the top steps and be stuck halfway on the stairs, vulnerable. Anyone standing at the front door trying to rush in, will have to step back, off the steps. This allows me to clear the door so I can step outside.

Outdoor lighting, external security signage, dogs (cats can be a subtle security pet, they can react when people are nearby) even a can of marbles tied to a string. All this 'over preparation' means you will be a 'hard target'.

DN

Lastly - It does bother the wife.

No one can come over, period. Ok, except the mother in law who we can trust not to get stupid.

We have rules for the door - if someone comes knocking, we don't answer. We don't respond. Usually its mail or Fedex with a package, they leave it.

If the knocking persist, she comes to get me. This is stressful, as only dirtbags keep knocking.

Look out the window, Identify. Grab wallet with IDs, leave keys behind. Get outside. The front door is a specifically designed 'man-trap'. A man-trap is an area that traps people, it is restrictive, and it can be either obvious or subtle that people do not realize they are in a man trap. A bank - the entry doorway with the double doors, can automatically lock in the event of a robbery - thats a man trap. Another man trap is a 'fatal funnel' a long hallway to the front door, people will be trapped in this long exposed hallway.

My man trap is a stairway, it is narrow and the front door opens outward to the steps - so you have to step off the top steps and be stuck halfway on the stairs, vulnerable. Anyone standing at the front door trying to rush in, will have to step back, off the steps. This allows me to clear the door so I can step outside.

Outdoor lighting, external security signage, dogs (cats can be a subtle security pet, they can react when people are nearby) even a can of marbles tied to a string. All this 'over preparation' means you will be a 'hard target'.

DN

UGH... I know this feeling too well... freezing in place when the knocking starts, rattled the rest of the day wonedring who the hell it was (in an apt building...), creeping around like a mouse...

Well maybe I am paranoid but I sectioned off one area of my basement with a wall, so that has a locked door, then behind that locked door, I have a apartment if you will. I have a locked door you enter which is to my work area, sink in there counter top... then my flowering room and veg room are off of that. I actually considered making those doors locked also. So my door to my home is locked, then to get into the section of the basement that has my room that is a locked door, then you pass through another to enter my grow apartment. With all that I have never thought I had to lock the door behind me when I am in there working, at this point why not.

Thanks I guess for the thread, some times I do feel silly as I do my best to keep within the law, good luck to us all.

Regards, Ez

I believe I read that they are actually trying to get that in the Redden case. But the only way you could never violate that would be to have two doors. One to lock behind you while you go in the other one or else you would violate the act every time you simply turn the key in your lock. I would pray that any reasonable person (i.e. Judge/prosecutor) would see this as ridiculous and petty. But...

you are right they are trying.

are front door was locked the side door was locked i was in the room at the time of the raid the Law does not say it has to be locked only has to be able to be locked it just go's to show you and every one here if they want to get you they will try

we will keep fighting

Peace From The Front

from what ive been told aslong as your house doors are locked and your the only one in the room you are ok.. but who know leo will do ,say ,lie about what ever they want to try to get in.... if they have a warrent there will be no knocking garunteed..Just My opinion.

from what ive been told aslong as your house doors are locked and your the only one in the room you are ok.. but who know leo will do ,say ,lie about what ever they want to try to get in.... if they have a warrent there will be no knocking garunteed..Just My opinion.

i agree

they will knock you just wont here it

and we all know they wont have a warrent they can go and get that later

After driving home and wondering if I remembered to lock up too many times. I installed janitor closet type locks, they only open with a key. Now I'm sure because if it is closed, it is locked. I just leave an extra key in it while working. No issues in court involving locks are even possible.

Archived