Amazing News For Mmj Patients And Flying!

Hello everyone I am sitting in Detroit metro right now with my jar of medicine that the police just handed back the jar and said happy holidays!

I was stopped by TSA probably for smelling like medicine lol, but after they found it they treated it like its the first time it's ever happened and lots of other agents came around and started asking questions about the law to which I answered. They called the airport police and when they arrived they took my renewal paperwork, expired hard card, and ID called to verify my status, ran my name for warrants and handed me back my jar and told me happy holiday!

God bless America! Any patient who needs medicine should no longer fear bringing it on airplanes!

yes! the key here was -

The patient was knowledgeable about the law!

The patient had proper paperwork in lieu of expired card!

The patient had the legal amounts allowed!

LEO followed the Fuc*ing rules to call the MDCH to verify the paperwork BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!

Awesome indeed, Godspeed on your flight mate!

DN

LEO can be unpredictable! You were questioned by a few who were tolerant. This doesn't necessarily mean they all will be at Detroit Metro. All it will take is one hot shot LEO out to make a name for himself and the warm fuzzy feeling will be done and over with.

But you know darn well every TSA agent will be talking about it today. And i'm sure a supervisor was present when this took place. It seems the example may have been set here. Lets hope he dont have any issues upon landing! Medcnman.

But you know darn well every TSA agent will be talking about it today. And i'm sure a supervisor was present when this took place. It seems the example may have been set here. Lets hope he dont have any issues upon landing! Medcnman.

It's in my prayers he has an uneventful trip as far as the MM is concerned...it would be great if this set some sort of tolerance too.

I'm flying out of DTW in a few days...really thinking about taking some meds with me now, but I'm still paranoid they'll take me away. Quite honestly, explaining to the family that I missed Xmas because I wanted to fly with a jar of meds doesn't sit too high on my list of things to do this holiday season

Best of luck on the rest of your trip, keep us posted as to how things go! Hoping I'll grow a pair and try this out.

Happy Holidays!

Yes the patient knew his rights and was legal and was able to let them know they knew they where within the law so they let him be. As it should be...... I've had a few contacts with leo and had no issues with any of them as they know I know the act and my rights. Everyone i've had contact with once they saw my cards acted like they had better things to do and wished me a good day and left. Thats how this act is ment to work. Thank you and have a nice day.

Stay legal and know your rights

Hey everyone I landed and everything's good! Thanks for the concern and good wishes I hope all of you have a good holiday! Also there were a few tsa agents in suits I presumed to be supervisors present so I'm sure there will be lots of talk! The agents were all really happy that I didn't he hassled and for anyone who doesn't believe this is airport policy call the airport police and ask yourself!

Yes the patient knew his rights and was legal and was able to let them know they knew they where within the law so they let him be. As it should be...... I've had a few contacts with leo and had no issues with any of them as they know I know the act and my rights. Everyone i've had contact with once they saw my cards acted like they had better things to do and wished me a good day and left. Thats how this act is ment to work. Thank you and have a nice day.

Stay legal and know your rights

So as long as I'm carrying the legal amount or less and have my card, I should have no problems flying through DTW outside of being subject to the normal TSA screening stuff, and showing my card/the meds?

Hey everyone I landed and everything's good! Thanks for the concern and good wishes I hope all of you have a good holiday! Also there were a few tsa agents in suits I presumed to be supervisors present so I'm sure there will be lots of talk! The agents were all really happy that I didn't he hassled and for anyone who doesn't believe this is airport policy call the airport police and ask yourself!

Did you declare you had your meds when you were going through security (before they found them) or just left them in your bag and when they found them declared you were a patient and then showed identifying documentation?

Sorry guys, I'm just a younger patient (but card-carrying for over 2 years) and really don't want to get hassled about this.

No worries man I'm younger too. I didn't declare them because My girlfriend has gotten thru with jars of meds many times without hassle of them even finding it so when they found it that's when I brought up I have my card

Understood. Thanks for all the answers so far, PM'd you one more question though. Enjoy your vacation!

I've flown from DTW to Costa Rica 3 times, Panama once, and the Dominican Republic twice in the last two years with medicated chocolate bars and Simpson oil without any problems. Not sure of the legality, but I keep a low profile.

Got a little worried once going past a dog in Miami--fortunately he had his nose in someone else's suitcase when I walked by

Archived