26 replies to this topic

#1 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

k well just got my cert , now what im looking for is a good way / stash box for the car that i can put my meds in when i go to the local disp. any good ideas? I was thinking a metal lock box that i can put int he trunk. Does the box need a lock?

any idea much appreciated

#2 mike44

mike44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationUpper Mid Michigan

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

I put mine very securely in a paper sack on the passengers seat, or if there is a passenger in the car I put it on the floor in the back seat. You are listening to too many BS fantasies my friend.

#3 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

nah i just want to be safe is all i dont want my car to be smellin like funk 24/7 lol tryin to figure out something to use to help dim the smell a bit, and well my car is what you call a "pig magnet"even tho ill be legal shortly here i still don't want no run ins

Edited by TheBeagle, 08 January 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#4 michiganmedclones

michiganmedclones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationSouth East Michigan

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

glass jar, mason jars are cheap and perfect

don't ever roll around with more than you need either, keep your paperwork on you at all times as I'm sure you know, I put it in my laptop bag I have with me pretty much at all times that has a lock on it but a lock is not necessary

#5 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

nah ill prob keep least an 1/8 1/4 on my most of the time and Oz's are goin in trunk and dropped off at house after i visit the disp

just need something to keep the smell down

#6 mike44

mike44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • LocationUpper Mid Michigan

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:32 AM

Glass jars do work to stop the smell. Large amounts might be better hidden in the trunk to prevent possible theft or illegal confiscation.

#7 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

yea thats why im lookin as some sort of box....i can airbrush it to make it look like a Car audio amp...... since i do have amps and woofers in the trunk....8)

#8 michiganmedclones

michiganmedclones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationSouth East Michigan

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

make a wood box, paint it however you'd like and mount it wherever you'd like it, place glass jar inside with a airtight seal on the lid, IE: mason jar. Tarzan had an encounter with state police and dogs and they did not smell it through the jars. you must wipe it down with alcohol after handeling and keep it clean or else the inside smell being contained doesn't mean anything if theres kief and residue on the outside of the jar. Its better then any wood box you're going to make, its more effective than vacseal, and your bud wont get smashed or shaken around as long as the jar is the right size for the amount you have. They have em at meijer, they're like 6-9 for a flat of them, size of the jar detirmines how many you get in a flat, if you're paranoid you can put your lighter 2" below the red ring on the cap to soften it up and it will really seal them tight but if you melt it or even heat it up too much there are debates of off gassing from it being toxic which you don't want your meds sitting in so I don't suggest it. Don't mean to keep repeating myself but you're not going to find anything better than a glass jar, I've tried it all and its the best way, keeps everything nice and fresh, and most importantly no one knows what you have in your car with you especially with the trap you're building in your car, i'd be careful with that tho if you ever cross the border into canada the BP is going to be suspicious due to that, same with a routine stop if they find it even if its empty they're going to think you have something to hide and potentially tear your car apart. IMO

Good luck

#9 ilynnboy

ilynnboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Locationmaking whoopee Neptune

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Beagle,
I keep all my meds, pipes, papers meds,seeds anything Mmj related in a safe box, about 25:00 @ any box store.

They sell them in different sizes and differing locking devices.
There is Never any question where my medicine is. Under lock and key :-)

#10 jaman

jaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Glass canning gars. if you want to soften the seal put the lids in hot water for a few minutes thats what they do when canning. Use a duffle bag or a box and put it in the trunk. then drive safe. Your legal

#11 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,674 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

dropped off at house after i visit the disp??? do guys even think that there will be a disp, in a couple months?

#12 theNeptune

theNeptune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

k well just got my cert , now what im looking for is a good way / stash box for the car that i can put my meds in when i go to the local disp. any good ideas? I was thinking a metal lock box that i can put int he trunk. Does the box need a lock?

any idea much appreciated

I have a case made to hold 2 handguns comes with a foam liner now cut to hold a few small jars and is lockable. I also keep a copy of card/paperwork in the case with the meds. I know not required but when locked they have to get warrant to open.

#13 I wood

I wood

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationsomwhere else.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have a case made to hold 2 handguns comes with a foam liner now cut to hold a few small jars and is lockable. I also keep a copy of card/paperwork in the case with the meds. I know not required but when locked they have to get warrant to open.

Thank you for that very useful peice of information.

#14 abe supercro

abe supercro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Locationmitten unified

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Brinks armored truck, best bet.

#15 Timmahh

Timmahh

Silenced for Truths

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationIn your Mind

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

look at a fire proof safety box Jim.

they can be mounted if need be and are lockable, and most are good up to 2200* f.

#16 Croppled1

Croppled1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationWashtenaw County

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

Go to Amazon put in security box or lock box . Sentry and Hellix are two companies that make them with tethors which is the way to go .; Keeps the honest people honest plus creates a 3 step barrier of law to protect one against claims of smoking in a vehicle . About 20-$75 . Great place for all meds , some extra cash , and identification . You can tether it to the rear seat mount or hole in trunk . Whats nice is you can keep it tethered to a chair or something in the house too - it goes with you when you want it to . Your meds are always locked and safe and seperate from other files or safes .

Edited by Croppled1, 08 January 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#17 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:29 PM

Will check that out crop thx

#18 TheBeagle

TheBeagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

As for them being illegal I doubt it cause some cars likeinfinity have hidden compartments in them from factory my car is all custom inside out plus I will be legal....they cant car me for havina hidden custom box in my car

#19 Croppled1

Croppled1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationWashtenaw County

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just remember if you want to put mason jars in it you will need the largest Sentry about $75 . Make sure you check the inside measurements .

#20 JuztBudz

JuztBudz

Advanced Member

• +CC-Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

If we wish to show our intent to be totally in compliance with the concerns of law enforcement and those of the non-cannabis using community, I would suggest that you use the same amount of caution transporting your medicine as one would when transporting a weapon. Police usually look to see if the carrier of a weapon has to take three steps in order to get physical possession of a weapon. I call it the "3 step rule". The only time I can think of an exception to this is when one is in a pickup truck, in which case, I would carry it in a lockbox, locked. This is just an opinion, none of which is any guarantee of no prosecution in a bad situation. Peace ... j.b.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users