Need Recipes For Simpson Oil In Glycerin

• 5 months later...

Mix it with butter. Just make sure both are warm enough to make a consistent blend.

Yes RSO easily makes oils and butter for baking. 1 ml RSO into the oil or butter for one batch of brownies. Or whatever you are going to bake.

The pb is more direct. Mix and you have the eatable instantly. No baking required.

Here is recipe that I use to make hard candies. ( Add some sticks and you have lollipops.)

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup corn syrup

1/3 cup hot water

1 tsp citric acid

1 ml lemon flavor extract

2 ml rso

Put water, corn syrup, and hot water in small pan with candy thermometer on medium heat.

As the everything liquifies turn up the heat, it will boil rapidly. Stir often. It should take about 20 minutes to get the temp up to 300 degrees.

Remove from heat and add flavor, citric acid and rso while wisking to a uniform consistency.

At this point I pour into lightly oiled candy molds filling 200 cavities, this gives 200 pieces with 10 mgs rso each, if they are all uniform in size.

Lollipops could be made by simply pouring hot goo over a stick on parchment paper, or more accurately with lollipop molds.

If goo starts to stiffen up while still in pan put back on heat to reliquify.

Making a test run without rso is a good idea.

Halfing the recipe works well also.

Any dosage can be had by adjusting rso added and/or total pieces made.

This candy will pull moisture from the air and become a sticky mess waiting to happen, keep in a ziplock bag to avoid this.

Hope this helps,

Ric

Edited by I wood

• 2 weeks later...

what about using MEK? fast drying solvent

Not as selective as a hydrocarbon solvent.

There are sets of compounds that are not THC etc. that alcohols take out of the plant matter. Most of those I wouldn't want in my RSO are taken up by alcohols. As MEK and acetone absorb water like alcohols, I would assume that they would take up similar compounds as alcohols.

The main ones I try to screen out by solubility properties are things like mold toxins. Mind you, I'm NOT talking about SPORES. I'm talking about the compounds that the molds produce. These dissolve in solvents. They tend to be readily taken up by alcohols.

Want something fast? GW pharm uses pentane in their extraction process. A five carbon hydrocarbon cooks off faster than a six carbon hydrocarbon.

I've successfully made activated cannabis oil doing a butane extraction first, followed by a winterization step to remove the waxes and lipids using a more polar solvent. Once that's done, we remove the polar solvent using heat and vacuum. Then we heat the oil in an oil bath at 225+ to decarb, cool, and draw into a syringe.

Don't know if I can call this "RSO", but the effects of it are very similar.

Chloroform ( trichloromethane ) is an excellent solvent; it leaves no residue and does not extract the water solubles. Does anyone know where to obtain it? I haven't had access to any in years. I use distilled Everclear ( yes, I distill the Everclear. Easier than starting from scratch! ) in my extractor for potables, and 98% isopropyl for lotions, linaments, etc. I would guess the distilled proof to be around 180 ( 90% alcohol ) but that 10% still lets too much chlorophyll and other water solubles through. I am curious about Naptha. I never tried acetone, or tuolene. And I am definitely trying the pentane, thanks PB!

Chloroform ( trichloromethane ) is an excellent solvent; it leaves no residue and does not extract the water solubles. Does anyone know where to obtain it? I haven't had access to any in years. I use distilled Everclear ( yes, I distill the Everclear. Easier than starting from scratch! ) in my extractor for potables, and 98% isopropyl for lotions, linaments, etc. I would guess the distilled proof to be around 180 ( 90% alcohol ) but that 10% still lets too much chlorophyll and other water solubles through. I am curious about Naptha. I never tried acetone, or tuolene. And I am definitely trying the pentane, thanks PB!

Thanks .. please let me know the cost, when you find it.

I'd stay away from the chloroform .. my preference for several reasons.

I've exposed myself to way to much iso over the last three years. Wash my hands with it etc .. Then I realized I may as well be drinking it. With the amounts that soak into the skin.

Whatever anyone does with these extractions, please keep plenty of air flow through the area. First to reduce fire hazard. Second to reduce exposure to yourself.

If you're going to be doing this more than once or twice the fumes become a chronic exposure. I urge folks to keep that to the absolute minimum.