We Need Your Testimonial For Submission To Legislature

Timmahh

Hello 3MA Members, Visitors and Public alike.

First, the Administrators and Moderators would like to take a Moment to say Thank You. Thank You for your Time spent in defense of the Citizens of Michigan to utilize Their right to use Medical Cannabis to treat their illnesses, and for the compassion and help you all show other Patients and Caregivers. It is you folks that drive us here at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association to work hard every day, standing up to the oppression we now face, and the tyranny that we are all currently surviving under.

It is for the sake of the All the Citizens of this Great State of Michigan, that we announce this call to arms.

If you were ever going to come out and speak up about your or anyones Inalienable Right to have the Freedom to choose Cannabis to treat many of todays health issues, this would be the time to do so...

The Legislative Committee that is in charge of deciphering the MMM Act of '08, are holding a public hearing on Feb 23, 2012 (one week from this coming Thursday). We have requested Time for presentation and direct communication with legislation. We have prepared a multitude of recent statistics that plainly show the Positive Social, Criminal, and Economic trends that go hand in hand with the passage of Medical Cannabis Laws throughout the United States, and more specifically, right here at home in Michigan. But lets take the rose colored glasses off and look at this with a clear vision. Until Legislation can put a face to the suffering, Until they can see Who is actually being victimized by the purposed changes and archaic way the Act has been Implemented by the State, it is likely they will not do what is right. Which is fully implement the Act as directed by the passage of the Peoples Initiative that created and passed the M.M.M. Act of 2008.

Through the last 3 years since our Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was Ratified, we have seen many changes. From simple things like how the 3MA website looks, navigates and operates, to other more severe changes (not the same as being severely conservative) to the general state of affairs in both the Government, and here in the Medical Cannabis Community concerning the Act. We have seen literally hundreds of situations where Law abiding citizens are turned into high profile criminals for following the law as outlined in the 2008 Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. 2/3rds (two-thirds) of the Voters passed the Act, making it an overwhelming statement by the Citizens of Michigan, to one's ability to make Personal Medical Choices. In doing so, the Citizens spoke by passing the '08 MMM Act, and have offered Protections from Prosecution, for those that have chose to use cannabis medically. Through an easily understood, Legally Accepted Petition Drive, and a Legally Binding, understandable Ballot Proposal, the Citizens of Michigan then, and are now, fully aware of what the '08 MMM Act would allow for, and voted to Pass the '08 MMM Act, making it Ratified Law in Michigan.

Yet, in the last 2 years, the Citizens of Michigan, specifically the Patients and Care Givers that chose to use this Natural Healing Herb, have been made to be criminal test samples for Government, the Judicial Branch, the State's Attorney General's Office, along with other State offices, Law Enforcement, Local Governments, and even many in Legislature which were voted in by the same 2/3rd (two-thirds) of the voters that passed the Act. Many of these Citizens have been fully abused by the very people put in charge of protecting them against the persecution and prosecution of those in position to act against the MMM Act, which was ratified to Law by the Will of the Voters.

Those in Legislation that are in charge of making things right where the 08 MMM Act is concerned, have heard from those that say they "SPEAK for the Community". They have heard from those that Want to "Make it all Better". They have heard from those that want to "Clear up the Swiss Cheese, and excise the Grey areas". They have heard from those that say we are all just criminals, getting away with breaking the Law. They have heard from Everybody. Everybody that is, except YOU!.

Therefore, the 3MA would like to submit Patient and Caregiver Testimonials in our upcoming meetings and presentations to Legislature here in Michigan. We would also like to hear from family members, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, sisters, brothers, neighbors, friends, and even your family physician. If someone is willing to write a letter to be submitted with our package, that outlines the gains in life, the medical benefits, and other benefits they have seen come to pass, when their loved one, or Patient made positive improvements with the use of medicinal cannabis. All are welcomed. Anyone that was previously against Medical Cannabis prior to the Act, and have sense changed their position because of what you have whitnessed, these folks can likely offer some very compelling statements. Those specifically stricken with an illness are also excellent candidates for legislation to see. Any beneficial letter that is Honest, has Integrity, and as much disclosure as one feels comfortable offering, would be a great indicator of what 'We the People' think and understand about the Medical Cannabis Laws we have....

These testimonials should be a bit self revealing of your condition, and how utilizing medical cannabis has been beneficial for you, or your Patients for you Caregivers and Medical Professionals.

The more Patients, Caregivers, Family and Physicians willing to step forward with testimonials that details the ability to lessen, or remove the need for narco Rx pills, or other prescription medications, as well as any gains in personal medical status from using cannabis, or how one's overall life has been improved, are encouraged to send us your letters.

We can not stress enough, the need for Honesty and Truth here. Fiction does nobody any good in this Matter. That does not mean you can not remain anonymous, but the more disclosure you offer, the more credence your testimonial will carry. We have 80 years of Fiction to fight, so we need facts, factual statements and unadulterated honesty. Legislation needs to understand the Real Beneficial and Personally Gainful Impacts Patients are having with the use of medical cannabis. They need to realize, making a Patient a criminal, is exactly the Opposite of what the People voted for. And making them criminals is not what they, Legislation, was voted in to do. We would ask all Testimonials, Letters, and any accompanying information you wish to submit, be done so in MS Word, or compatible format, and/or PDF format for ease of collection, storage, sorting, preparation. This will be needed to process everything and get it in order in the very limited time we have available, which is 9 days and counting.

Please, use a word editor to ensure proper spelling and punctuation. It is important to be as professional as possible in this matter, in all aspects of it...It is ok to be Passionate, so long as one doesn't become overzealous with passion in doing so....with such limited time, we will not have time to proof read these for grammar or punctuation. Please try your best prior to sending your testimonial

Out of the Testimonials we receive, we want to select a handful of people willing to step forward to speak directly to the Legislation, basically giving full disclosure to your personal situation. While these are Legislative Meetings, they are public, so all info shared in the context of these legislative gatherings would be in a public forum, so please bare that in mind when writing your testimonial. More so if you choose to step forward and personally share your story with legislation.

Send all Testimonials and any supporting documents as an attachment to :

mmmatestify@gmail.com

In the Subject line please state:

My Story for Legislation

If you are willing to speak to Legislation, please follow the phrase with the word; speak.

I.E... My Story for Legislation speak

We will choose as many as we can to fill any time we have available to get these stories directly in front of the legislators.

Push has come to Shove folks. We have 9 Days from today until the meeting. So here we are. If you have Ever wanted to do your part, now is the time. It has become Use it or Lose it. We want to continue to Use it, so we need as many of you out there willing to speak up, ever thought about speaking up, have been afraid about speaking up, to utilize your voice. Speak in Harmony, as one voice. The Voice of the People that gives Power to the Government, not relinquishes it to them.

Send your Testimonials Today. Time is of the Essence now more than ever before.

Thank You

3MA Admin and Staff

tl

I received this today......

The House Judiciary Committee will begin a series of hearings Feb. 23 on a four-bill package to clarify the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA). The purpose is to eliminate the ambiguities in the law so that legitimate patients have safe access to medical marihuana, and so that municipalities and law enforcement officials have a clear framework in which to administer the intent of the law. Hearings on the distribution process of medical marihuana will be conducted at a later date.

The Feb. 23 hearing will include a presentation by the bipartisan work group on medical marihuana headed by Reps. Ken Horn, R-Frankenmuth, and Phil Cavanaugh, D-Redford Township. The work group has been meeting with interested parties for months to address the proposed changes in the law.

The hearings, in Room 519 of the House Office Building, will focus on:

• House Bill 4834, a measure requiring photo ID for registered patients and limited access by law enforcement to the medical marihuana registry;

• House Bill 4851, requiring a bona fide doctor-patient relationship to end the current practice of doctors certifying patients without even seeing the patients in person;

• House Bill 4853, amending sentencing guidelines consistent with the MMMA;

• House Bill 4856, which clarifies the appropriate transport of medical marihuana;

and

• The registration and renewal process.

If you have any questions about the upcoming hearings, please contact my office at 517.373.3920.

Regards,

John J. Walsh

Speaker Pro Tempore

19th District

the MMMA has been working closely with Bob and his beautiful companion Tori to help them recover from the shocking encounter they had with Madison Heights Police and their infamous Special Investigations Unit. Bob and Tori are fine, and they said to make sure I thanked everyone on the site for all their well wishes and support.

Officers of the Madison Heights SIU searched the residence and seized 21 marijuana plants that were from 2" to 4" tall. They also took approximately one ounce of marijuana, some cash, and some personal records. They did however leave Bob one joint for, as one officer allegedly said was "for in the morning".

On Tuesday the MMMA did what we said we would do and began helping Bob and Tori put the pieces back together. Greg called early that morning and spoke at length to Bob to make sure he was safe and his home secure, then called me to see if I could go help. Steve K. from the Troy Compassion Club and I went to Bob's house, assessed the damages and talked to Bob and Tori an length about what happened. From the story I was told, and after reviewing the documents left by the Madison Heights Special Investigations Unit, I was convinced that Bob and Tori were within the guidelines established in the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. After leaving Bob and Tori's house, I contacted two attorneys who specialize in criminal defense and civil rights.

On Wednesday, Bob and Tori met with one of the lawyers, Robert Mullen, J.D., an accomplished attorney from Plymouth, to discuss the case. A relationship was established and Mullen began work almost immediately as FOX2 News crews showed up to interview Bob and Tori. Meanwhile, MMMA member peanutbutter, arrived to help me start replacing the front door at the Redden residence. Another MMMA member, whose screenname I can't remember, also arrived to help and assured me that he would finish installing the new front door today.

When I left the Redden house Wednesday, Bob and Tori were in much better spirits. They seemed surprised that so many MMMA members called, came by, assisted and supported them. They want to thank everyone for the support and want our members to know they're doing OK. I want everyone to know that the MMMA is not just some website who tells people you're OK to use marijuana, and then leaves you twisting in the wind when trouble darkens your doorway.

The MMMA is a website, but it's also a large group of caring and compassionate people who stick together, who share a common cause, and who will fight back against those lawless individuals and agencies that violate our rights. I feel confident that Bob and Tori will come out of this OK, they were, and still are within the law. They have a good attorney, and they have us..... all of us!

and we are still in court after 3 years is this the way you think the sick should be treaded

For the sick to stand up and defend freedom, is a labor of great love. All humans eventually face what we have been forced to endure. We have been called to defend the healthy as well as our brothers and sisters. We didn't ask for the fight. But we will win it. Thanks, Bb

do we need to be there this day?

We only want you to be who you are Sheriq. You should not feel ashamed for being ill, and not fit as a fiddle. And you certainly should have no shame for being who you are. Dispression can be a complain, but keep telling yourself your deserve respect, and to be treated like a human being... Be proud. it sounds like you have made great strides lately!

It is great to hear of your help you have been getting from cannabis. It truly is a great medicine. We would love to have your letter to share. It sounds like you have been through quite a tough time... Storeys like yours are just what legislation needs to see. Please send us one if you feel like doing so. We will keep your personal information anonymous if you need.

Shariq, welcome! Thank you for telling your story. I think it would be helpful for the lawmakers to hear your story, in person or by mail, however you're comfortable. We really need to show them, we are sick people, not a bunch of criminals like Bill Schuette claims, and your story helps do that.

Either way though, whether you testify or not, I'm really glad that medical cannabis helps you! Sickle cell anemia is really painful & debilitating (I learned about it in my former life when I was working still) and if medical marihuana can help it, it would be nice if we could get it on the list of approved conditions for the Registry -- if LARA ever establishes a review panel like they're supposed to.

Well I"m working on my letter to the legislature so better get back to it :geek:

Hello everyone I want to attend the hearings my question is are we organizing rides for people that want to attend & don't have rides?

I can take 3 if needed. I am near the Livingston / Washtenaw County border. If my wife isnt busy that day I will be able to use her SUV and take 5. PM me. Medcnman.

Edited by Medcnman

HB-4834 is asking for something that the Act already speaks on.

I think the terms for a “BONA FIDE PHYSICIAN-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP” as requested for in HB-4851 have been established. The definition for an "Enclosed, locked facility" is more confusing than ever. Heck, just state whether indoors, outdoors, or both. If just indoor, then add the words “indoors only”. If outdoor grows are not allowed, then this new definition lacks logic. Prison yards aren’t “COMPLETELY enclosed areas”, there is no sky-reaching fencing. Maybe our lawmakers are thinking someone may break into our gardens, but not into a prison; BUT someone may break out of a prison, but our plants will not escape. This question also kills the ability for a caregiver to maintain a garden in the patient’s home. If the purpose of the changes purposed in Section 3-2-H and 3-2-I are attempts to redefine, they are poor attempts. Why not call the “primary caregiver” the “REGISTERED CAREGIVER”; and call patients either “REGISTERED PATIENT” (for those under Section 4), or a “QUALIFIED PATIENT” (for those under Section 8). A “patient” which describes every person in Michigan with a chronic condition, is not the same as a “Qualified Patient”, which describes a patient under the Act. I wished these questions were separated. I have never liked the “all or nothing” approach.

With HB-4853 is the purpose to establish what is meant by “SELLING MARIHUANA IN VIOLATION OF REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD RESTRICTIONS”, to add greater punishment, or what?

HB-4856 is saying what; instead of traveling with marihuana in my pocket, it must be in the trunk or a case? Not a big deal. I think that is what most people do any way.

The registration and renewal process definitely needs to be discussed.

There need to be talk on added additional ailments. This is a major part of the Act that our lawmakers conveniently overlook. People like Shariq, are looked at as just having pain. The same type of pain our lawmakers lump with hank nails and upset tummies. I would be happy if LARA would add those medical issues listed under their Pain and Symptom Management section. http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_45947_45948_51814---,00.html

HB-4856 is saying what; instead of traveling with marihuana in my pocket, it must be in the trunk or a case? Not a big deal. I think that is what most people do any way.

Unless you don't have a trunk.

So how does this one fix anything in the law?

If it fixes the law, it requires a 75% vote. If it doesn't fix something in the law, then it is a misrepresentation to claim it does.

Another way to put a marijuana consumer in jail.

Unless you don't have a trunk.

PB, I thought about that as I was reading the bill. I don't have a trunk. But there is no description as to the type of case. A glovebox, saddlebag. toolbox. handlebar, totebag, usps box, tin can, and a paperbag are all cases. Yeah, their reaching. aside for just a gram or two, I think most people place what they have is some type of case. I remember Swampy using an old fishing tackle box.

PB, I thought about that as I was reading the bill. I don't have a trunk. But there is no description as to the type of case. A glovebox, saddlebag. toolbox. handlebar, totebag, usps box, tin can, and a paperbag are all cases. Yeah, their reaching. aside for just a gram or two, I think most people place what they have is some type of case. I remember Swampy using an old fishing tackle box.

This is a class of people that think they are legal today that are being defined as criminals.

We don't need any new crimes invented about this herb. More important, we don't need to invent new criminals from existing patients.

Converting patients into criminals is not what the people have in mind.

This is a class of people that think they are legal today that are being defined as criminals.

We don't need any new crimes invented about this herb. More important, we don't need to invent new criminals from existing patients.

Converting patients into criminals is not what the people have in mind.

Exactly spot on the law is to protect patients from a worse danger arrest and prosecution that is way to stressful and dangerous for many patients to tolerate in their weakened condition when they need to focus on their medical routines . Further jail is no place nor equipped to assist the sick injured and dieing with their specific medical requirements . They don't even provide normal medications available to people in free society putting patients at risk and enduring torture . Of course nobody cares about people with mental illness or on dependent medications taken in good faith for unbearable suffering .

Edited by Croppled1