We Need Your Testimonial For Submission To Legislature

Timmahh

Here's a story to add to the pile. I have also emailed this to the mmmatestify@gmail.com address.

-----------------

I have a degenerative spinal condition that causes pain 24 hours a day, every day. At times the pain levels can go off the charts. This condition has cost me my job and the active life that I had known. It has driven me to over a dozen different doctors and therapists, spinal fusion surgery, and filling at least 20 various prescriptions for general pain, nerve pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and sleep problems.

Like anyone dealt this hand, I felt I should try my best to get the most out of the time I had left here but the pain was just overwhelming. For nearly a year I treated this problem with pills - painkillers, muscle relaxers, and sleeping medications. I was able to keep my sanity largely because I was barely conscious most of the days. I was just trying to get through this time.

Given the permanence of my disease, it struck me one day that ‘just trying to get through this time’ really meant I’d be semiconscious for the rest of my life. I was desperate to find another course of treatment. Doing some research online, I learned about the MMMA and how medical grade cannabis was able to help people with pain from damaged nerves.

For me, the change was dramatic. Powerful cannabis was able to turn down the volume on my pain signals. I have been able to nearly eliminate the pills that I had become dependent upon. I am now able to actually participate in my life again. I know the cannabis won’t cure my condition but I am now able to live as opposed to just existing. I think my wife is happier now too living with a husband rather than a zombie.

God Bless you and your family,I know not all conditions can be cured thru Marihauna use ,but just like your story if one person is made comfortable during their time of illness.I believe it is our duty as Americans to stand for their right to use it.even if it doesnt come from PFISHER. I pray your quality of life continue in increase, God bless

Hello 3MA Members, Visitors and Public alike.

First, the Administrators and Moderators would like to take a Moment to say Thank You. Thank You for your Time spent in defense of the Citizens of Michigan to utilize Their right to use Medical Cannabis to treat their illnesses, and for the compassion and help you all show other Patients and Caregivers. It is you folks that drive us here at the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association to work hard every day, standing up to the oppression we now face, and the tyranny that we are all currently surviving under.

It is for the sake of the All the Citizens of this Great State of Michigan, that we announce this call to arms.

If you were ever going to come out and speak up about your or anyones Inalienable Right to have the Freedom to choose Cannabis to treat many of todays health issues, this would be the time to do so...

The Legislative Committee that is in charge of deciphering the MMM Act of '08, are holding a public hearing on Feb 23, 2012 (one week from this coming Thursday). We have requested Time for presentation and direct communication with legislation. We have prepared a multitude of recent statistics that plainly show the Positive Social, Criminal, and Economic trends that go hand in hand with the passage of Medical Cannabis Laws throughout the United States, and more specifically, right here at home in Michigan. But lets take the rose colored glasses off and look at this with a clear vision. Until Legislation can put a face to the suffering, Until they can see Who is actually being victimized by the purposed changes and archaic way the Act has been Implemented by the State, it is likely they will not do what is right. Which is fully implement the Act as directed by the passage of the Peoples Initiative that created and passed the M.M.M. Act of 2008.

Through the last 3 years since our Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was Ratified, we have seen many changes. From simple things like how the 3MA website looks, navigates and operates, to other more severe changes (not the same as being severely conservative) to the general state of affairs in both the Government, and here in the Medical Cannabis Community concerning the Act. We have seen literally hundreds of situations where Law abiding citizens are turned into high profile criminals for following the law as outlined in the 2008 Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. 2/3rds (two-thirds) of the Voters passed the Act, making it an overwhelming statement by the Citizens of Michigan, to one's ability to make Personal Medical Choices. In doing so, the Citizens spoke by passing the '08 MMM Act, and have offered Protections from Prosecution, for those that have chose to use cannabis medically. Through an easily understood, Legally Accepted Petition Drive, and a Legally Binding, understandable Ballot Proposal, the Citizens of Michigan then, and are now, fully aware of what the '08 MMM Act would allow for, and voted to Pass the '08 MMM Act, making it Ratified Law in Michigan.

Yet, in the last 2 years, the Citizens of Michigan, specifically the Patients and Care Givers that chose to use this Natural Healing Herb, have been made to be criminal test samples for Government, the Judicial Branch, the State's Attorney General's Office, along with other State offices, Law Enforcement, Local Governments, and even many in Legislature which were voted in by the same 2/3rd (two-thirds) of the voters that passed the Act. Many of these Citizens have been fully abused by the very people put in charge of protecting them against the persecution and prosecution of those in position to act against the MMM Act, which was ratified to Law by the Will of the Voters.

Those in Legislation that are in charge of making things right where the 08 MMM Act is concerned, have heard from those that say they "SPEAK for the Community". They have heard from those that Want to "Make it all Better". They have heard from those that want to "Clear up the Swiss Cheese, and excise the Grey areas". They have heard from those that say we are all just criminals, getting away with breaking the Law. They have heard from Everybody. Everybody that is, except YOU!.

Therefore, the 3MA would like to submit Patient and Caregiver Testimonials in our upcoming meetings and presentations to Legislature here in Michigan. We would also like to hear from family members, husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, sisters, brothers, neighbors, friends, and even your family physician. If someone is willing to write a letter to be submitted with our package, that outlines the gains in life, the medical benefits, and other benefits they have seen come to pass, when their loved one, or Patient made positive improvements with the use of medicinal cannabis. All are welcomed. Anyone that was previously against Medical Cannabis prior to the Act, and have sense changed their position because of what you have whitnessed, these folks can likely offer some very compelling statements. Those specifically stricken with an illness are also excellent candidates for legislation to see. Any beneficial letter that is Honest, has Integrity, and as much disclosure as one feels comfortable offering, would be a great indicator of what 'We the People' think and understand about the Medical Cannabis Laws we have....

These testimonials should be a bit self revealing of your condition, and how utilizing medical cannabis has been beneficial for you, or your Patients for you Caregivers and Medical Professionals.

The more Patients, Caregivers, Family and Physicians willing to step forward with testimonials that details the ability to lessen, or remove the need for narco Rx pills, or other prescription medications, as well as any gains in personal medical status from using cannabis, or how one's overall life has been improved, are encouraged to send us your letters.

We can not stress enough, the need for Honesty and Truth here. Fiction does nobody any good in this Matter. That does not mean you can not remain anonymous, but the more disclosure you offer, the more credence your testimonial will carry. We have 80 years of Fiction to fight, so we need facts, factual statements and unadulterated honesty. Legislation needs to understand the Real Beneficial and Personally Gainful Impacts Patients are having with the use of medical cannabis. They need to realize, making a Patient a criminal, is exactly the Opposite of what the People voted for. And making them criminals is not what they, Legislation, was voted in to do. We would ask all Testimonials, Letters, and any accompanying information you wish to submit, be done so in MS Word, or compatible format, and/or PDF format for ease of collection, storage, sorting, preparation. This will be needed to process everything and get it in order in the very limited time we have available, which is 9 days and counting.

Please, use a word editor to ensure proper spelling and punctuation. It is important to be as professional as possible in this matter, in all aspects of it...It is ok to be Passionate, so long as one doesn't become overzealous with passion in doing so....with such limited time, we will not have time to proof read these for grammar or punctuation. Please try your best prior to sending your testimonial

Out of the Testimonials we receive, we want to select a handful of people willing to step forward to speak directly to the Legislation, basically giving full disclosure to your personal situation. While these are Legislative Meetings, they are public, so all info shared in the context of these legislative gatherings would be in a public forum, so please bare that in mind when writing your testimonial. More so if you choose to step forward and personally share your story with legislation.

Send all Testimonials and any supporting documents as an attachment to :

mmmatestify@gmail.com

In the Subject line please state:

My Story for Legislation

If you are willing to speak to Legislation, please follow the phrase with the word; speak.

I.E... My Story for Legislation speak

We will choose as many as we can to fill any time we have available to get these stories directly in front of the legislators.

Push has come to Shove folks. We have 9 Days from today until the meeting. So here we are. If you have Ever wanted to do your part, now is the time. It has become Use it or Lose it. We want to continue to Use it, so we need as many of you out there willing to speak up, ever thought about speaking up, have been afraid about speaking up, to utilize your voice. Speak in Harmony, as one voice. The Voice of the People that gives Power to the Government, not relinquishes it to them.

Send your Testimonials Today. Time is of the Essence now more than ever before.

Thank You

3MA Admin and Staff

tl

OK folks. Hearings start this Thursday, March 8, 2012, prospective start time is 10 am, though I was told it is quite possible they will start earlier, so I will keep on top of that and report back when I know more. I will be sending all Submitted Testimonials off Monday afternoon to the House Reps. The House Assistant will print them out for the Hearings...

So, We need your testimonial by Sunday night. This allows me to go thru them and get them all organized, zipped up, and emailed off to the House of Reps. Monday at Noon.

I am a 57 year old Male who will be moving back to Michigan, the state I was born and raised in. Two years ago The Dr’s thought I had Pancreatic Cancer and asked for a biopsy, but told me as serious as it was that they would recommend that I schedule surgery. I did and after being told that they would do a Distal pancreactomy which is the removal of the tail section of the pancreas. Of course they asked just before I went under if they had to do anything else that they felt need be done, could they do it. Of course laying there on the gurney nervously awaiting surgery how could I refuse anything the Pro’s suggested.

They took out My Pancreas, Gall Bladder, Spleen and part of my stomach and the reason was they couldn’t get to my Pancreas otherwise. It didn’t move it was still in the same place as when they scheduled the surgery, but it sure made it a lot easier for the Surgeon to just take it all, in his words make sure he got all of the Cancer.

The Biopsy came back when I was still in the hospital and showed no Cancer. But now I am a Diabetic and have to take Digestive Enzymes because I no longer have a Pancreas. Even if the Surgeon had left a small portion of my pancreas it would have kept working and I would have less problems. Before I went to the Hospital. I previously had been diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease and with the surgical complications and Crohn’s Flare-ups I have constant stomach pain. I was prescribed pain medication, but all it did was make me lethargic and didn’t really do much for the pain.

I had used Marijuana recreationally while I was younger, but had not used it in over 20 years. Then one night about two months out of the Hospital I caught my adult son using Marijuana late night in my garage. I thought he was just smoking cigarettes out there. Well anyway he asked if I would like to try some and I did a few days later and I was amazed at how it helped my stomach to calm and my appetite returned. Since the Surgery I had lost around 75-80 lbs. and never really felt much like eating. I stopped losing weight and have been able to stay around 125-130lbs ever since then. I have to eat a lot because the Digestive Enzymes don’t work as efficiently as the Pancreas does so to get the same amount of nourishment I have to eat more than when I weighed over 200 lbs.

Believe me the so called munchies are a Godsend to me. With the help Medical Marijuana is for my food intake it is just as good with reducing my stomach pain when I have the right strain. Yes I have found relief for my different ailments, but contrary to what some think, all marijuana is not the same and different strains can help different needs. That is one reason why I want to see patients have access to a variety of Strains of Marijuana.

Now what kind if person uses Medical Marijuana. Let me tell you what kind. Guys like me who have coached youth Sports for over twenty years and am involved in School activities where I take great pride in developing our future Leaders and in teaching our Youth what is important in life. My children attended parochial schools and participated in Youth sports where in both instances I was recruited to coach their teams because of my knowledge and caring attitude for our Youth. So you see Medical Marijuana Patients are just like most people and want to be able to enjoy their lives, we just don’t want to live with more pain than we have to and we want to still be able to participate in our society.

I have MS and have been using mm for the last two years for the constant pain in my legs. I would much rather use that than the morphine the doctors perscribe. The voters in this State have spoken load and clear leave the darn law alone.

VMike, if you can write up a short testimonial, including a few details of yourself, your condition, and how Cannabis is helping, and submit it to mmmatestify@gmail.com, I will personally ensure it is entered into record so Legislation hears your voice on this matter.

Tim

The Mods have worked very hard on this project. They take money out of their pocket and devote tons of time in keeping you folks safe. These are great people. Thanks, bb

I felt as if I needed to write more or as if I was guilty for not sending something that is why I asked. Thank you very much for all the work you MODS do. I am new to this forum but I am here to stay and help support everyone!

Hi to All,

Wanted to let you know we are here to represent the cause. My wife and I are both medical professionals also licensed in Mich. We are both patients and caregivers. We have all our patients writing testimonials for our day. I have a request for two three minute time slots. One for my first patients surviving Mother who has spoken to Legislators many times (Her son (my former patient) passed two years ago from Cancer), but Medical Cannibis kept him mostly pain free, and it helped him gain and maintain weight until he was well in to end stages. The second would be myself or my wife both who have had experience public speaking. We will submit drafts for approval, make sure they meet the time criteria, and look forward to seeing you all there. Can someone on staff send me a PM so I can forward drafts for approval. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

P.S. I am ending my 3 minutes by holding up my plane ticket for the Washington Veterans March for Medical Cannibis and announcing I am also proudly a Disabled Veteran and will be attending that event as well!

You want passion? Hold on to your hats folks. you will be surprised what an be said in three minutes!

Thanks to all of you,

lilbuddy

As I understand it, time is limited to two minuets. I am on the list.

Thirty seconds per proposed law.

I'm responding as a patient also.

So here is the about the medicine.

I am being blamed, before the U of M, for causing the tumor of a fifteen year old teenager to stop growing.

I ran into her at the time she was having the shunt installed to drain off pressure from the brain.

End stage as it gets.

If the members of the house would like more information I would be glad to provide it. I must request protection for what information I provide to the House. For myself and those I may have helped in the past and those I may be helping today.

This is not the only minor child that has seemed to respond well. Teenagers simply tend to survive. :goodjob:

In very simple terms, children just bounce back. Their bodies just tend to heal more than adults.

This presents me with a dilemma. The infant with a brain tumor. Due to the "bounce back" effect, this is the type of patient that is most likely to respond.

Due to the age of the child this is the single patient that will most likely land me in prison.

I see these kind of patients every day. It is what I do.

I'm just trying to bring back as many from the edge of death as I can. One is good. Five is better, more is best. Please give some indication that keeping, medically abandoned, children alive is a good thing.

I am also a bladder cancer patient. I, also, use cannabis concentrates as chemo therapy. I teach others how to do the same.

May I have a show of hands from those here that believe my statements are true?

At which time I'd like the folks that believe this to be true to raise their hands. Please just raise your hands. I won't have time to ask you then.

If you agree with what I've said above, please raise your hand at the hearing.

Very very short pause .. (I have only 120 seconds total ..)

Then the bill specific response:

At the core, this cluster of laws is intended to reduce the number of persons able to be protected by the medical marijuana act.

That means people will be sick, law abiding citizens one day and sick, felons the next.

That is a core INTENT of these proceedings.

I MUST oppose them all. They will simply redefine people as criminals. After the voters had set these same people free.

Furthermore, the voters have instructed the state to stop targeting sick people. This very action does exactly that. This cluster of bills targets clusters of people that would otherwise be protected by the MMMA and makes them criminals all over again.

Seems like a good short version.

I'll send out word on the lists. I'll probably put the patient stuff before the response to the law part.

Again, I'm only asking for people to raise their hands.

Thank you.

Gersh Avery aka peanutbutter

• 2 years later...

hello my name is mike i am a disabled war vet with ptsd and stage one cancer , and i currently hold a paitent card and my wife is my caregiver we grow for are selves to help elivate the horrible pain and constant sickness that the cancer causes. without this medicine i dont know how i would be able to carry on. recently my home was raided by the kent county narcotics area enforcement unit and they  siezed are truck and plants and meds my mother who is also one of my wife's paitent is dying of renal failure and was given 6 months to a year to live. the only reliefs she gets after doing a huge battle with breast cancer and all the other horrible news she has been given is when she is allowed to medicate leagly with her paitent card now family and friends that were suffering from legitamate illnesses will have to go without the care and relief they so need. i have told the police and detectives unit that i dont want to talk to them and that me and my wife has done nothing wrong and that we are invoking are right to remain silent and are asking for public assistance for legal representation. they have not yet issued any formal charges and are pressuring us into a confernce were they intend on interagating us and forcing us into commiting a crime by either making us work for them there in form breaking said law and or turning in other sick people that are card carriers and are doing nothing wrong but exercising there right to grow marijuana with there legal cards. we have called the courts and asked legal aid nobody seems to have any answers for us we are scared and worried we have posted most of are belongings on craiglist just to come up with enough money to have an attorney listen to are case the going rate these days are 250-500 dollars just for a consult and 2,000 to 5,000 dollars to pay for a legal representation neither me or my wife have that kind of income i get 750 a month from disibility and my wife cant work cause she has to be able to take me to my doctor appointments and constant in home care that i require because of the medicine that they have me on. if any body has any ideas or answers or can help us in any way we would greatly appriecate it thanks again you can reach us at 616-430-9852 thanks again and i hope with this i have brought more attention to this ever growing problem with this abuse of police powers and make more people aware that there needs to be a system to avocate for the low income  paitents and caregivers that do this to help provide a very necessary medicine that helps save lives.

so sad to hear your story mike. it happens everywhere it seems. the police either want you and your wife to testify against each other, or you to take a plea deal to get your wife's charges dropped. or they want you to be a confidential informer on some other people.

stay strong, stay silent until you get to court, find legal representation.

call the aclu if you havent already.
American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan
2966 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
http://www.aclumich.org/contact

also try attorney bruce block , hes knowledgeable with mmj cases
Bruce Alan Block, PLC
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Phone: (616) 676-8770
Fax: (616) 676-3853
6440 Fulton St. E - Suite 201
Ada, MI 49301
http://brucealanblock.com/

some other (non grand rapids) lawyers that you can call to find help:
For legal services, representation or advice, contact Cannabis Counsel, PLC at 313.446.2235
http://www.cannabiscounsel.com/

24901 Northwestern Hwy, Suite 700
Southfield, MI 48075
1-800-656-3557
http://www.komornlaw.com

these are marijuana lawyers, these lawyers are good and understand people on disability cannot pay those kinds of prices..they are active in the marijuana community and have been involved in the big marijuana cases so far.

michael komorn http://www.komornlaw.com

david rudoi http://www.rudoilaw.com

neil rockind http://www.rockindlaw.com

these are marijuana lawyers, these lawyers are good and understand people on disability cannot pay those kinds of prices..they are active in the marijuana community and have been involved in the big marijuana cases so far.

michael komorn http://www.komornlaw.com

david rudoi http://www.rudoilaw.com

neil rockind http://www.rockindlaw.com

Thank you

Very good advise