Treating Pain From Shingles ?

Yes, simpson oil dissolved into burts bees farmers friend salve at the rate of one gram to 2 ounces(whole can) will help.

I was told it helped to reduce outbreak time and with itching /pain from shingles and ricketts.I, being a non doctor, do not know the difference.

Latley I have been experimenting with a coconut oil root infusion, that might help as well. Made with roots and coconut oil only, the same way canna butter is made, it is not costly to make and seems to help with swelling and joint pain.

R

I hope this can help you.

Shingles (herpes zoster) - Cannabis Treatment

Published by Jan

Caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox—affects the nerve endings in the skin.

Usually occurs on the skin of the abdomen under the ribs leading toward the navel, but can appear anywhere on the body. 3 or 4 days of intense pain in affected area often precede an attack. Then painful, itchy blisters develop, lasting for 7-14 days. The blisters form crusty scabs and fall off.

The virus may lie dormant in the spinal cord and nerve ganglia for years until triggered. Risk of Shingles increases with the use of anti-cancer drugs, Hodgkin’s disease, and other cancers, stress, and immune system deficiency. If Shingles develop near the eyes, the cornea can be affected and blindness may result.

After an attack of Shingles, the pain may continue (even after blisters gone). The pain can last for months or years! The post-herpetic syndrome can be more painful than original infection.

"Do not take acetaminophen—it might prolong illness."

Diet:

Raw fruits and vegetables, brewer’s yeast, whole grains.

A cleansing fast.

Sunlight on blisters for short periods.

Gently wash blisters.

Take: L-Lysine 500 mg. (twice a day)

Vitamin C 2,000 mg. (twice a day)

Cayenne capsules follow instructions on label

Vitamin B complex plus extra B12 100 mg. (three times a day)

Zinc chelate 80 mg for one week then reduce it to 50 mg.a day

Cannabis Treatment:

Cannabinoids are compounds in marijuana (cannabis), which may have properties that protect nerve cells. They are being studied for a number of nerve-disorders, including chronic nerve-related pain. In one study, it was effective in reducing pain and had no major side effects.

Acting through cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2, endocannabinoids (as well as THC) are thought to play a role in variety of biological functions, including pain and anxiety control, and inflammation This is where medical marijuana comes into play. There has been plenty of research demonstrating marijuana’s ability to reduce pain associated with damage to the nerves (neuropathic pain). Patients with HIV and Diabetic neuropathy have been studied at the UCSD Medical Cannabis Research Center. All showed dramatic improvement in patient’s symptoms.

With the addition of cannabis other pain medications that patients require should decrease

Shingles can lead to a debilitating complication called post herpetic neuralgia.

This condition causes the skin to remain painful and sensitive to touch for months or even years after the rash clears up. Medical marijuana is the perfect treatment for neuropathic pain.

Cannabis has also been shown to be useful as an antiseptic topical treatment for infections.

White Rastas' Cannabalm Ocean of Lotion

Ingredients:

•  
  • 24.0 oz distilled H2O
  • 4.0oz strong cannabis oil or fat (1 ounce of resinous leaf (sugar leaf) and\or small bud per 8 ounces of oil)
  • 1.2oz emusifying wax
  • 1.2oz cosmetic grade stearic acid
  • 1.0oz liquid vegetable glycerin
  • .3oz germaben ( a natural preservative necessary to prevent spoilage/rancidity)
  • .3oz essential oil of your preference(remember the smell your already working with and try to compliment it)

For a cooling sunburn lotion menthol crystals can be added in place of/with the essential oils

Instructions:

•  
  • Heat the first five ingredients in a double boiler until melted then whisk until creamy.
  • Add the germaben and essential oil and whisk thoroughly.
  • Pour while warm into bottles.

Makes approximately 32oz.

Used strait simpson oil on the bumps and soars from shingles. Used an alcohol pad to spread the oil. Greatly reduced out brake time. Re-applied three times a day or more when needed. worked great. I am sure the oil could be diluted to make it more economical and easier to apply like the above posts suggest.

PB oil would probably work great. My grandfather cured his dermatitis herpetiformis, which he had had for more than ten years and the doctors could do nothing for him, with PB oil. Dermatitis herpetiformis is similar to shingles.

Used strait simpson oil on the bumps and soars from shingles. Used an alcohol pad to spread the oil. Greatly reduced out brake time. Re-applied three times a day or more when needed. worked great. I am sure the oil could be diluted to make it more economical and easier to apply like the above posts suggest.

PB oil would probably work great. My grandfather cured his dermatitis herpetiformis, which he had had for more than ten years and the doctors could do nothing for him, with PB oil. Dermatitis herpetiformis is similar to shingles.

Thanks, thanks :)

Didn't that go away with one or two applications?

Edited by peanutbutter

Thanks, thanks :)

Didn't that go away with one or two applications?

He said it was the only thing that would stop the itching. It took a couple months. He said the breakouts became less and less severe over the couple of months. Also the breakouts became less and less often. Now it has been a couple of years since his last break out. Before he started using the oil he always had at least one area broke out on his knees, thigh, elbows, and butt. He never had any relief. He told his doctor, but his doctor did not believe him. The doctor said it was just a coincidence. My grandfather said he would put it on one knee and not the other, and the knee he put oil on would clear up. The doctor still did not believe him. The doctor had been treating him for the constant break outs over 10 years with no success. The doctor could not even make the itching tolerable. It was driving my grandfather crazy because it itched soooo bad. He still has 3/4 of the little bottle of PB oil left, so it did not take much of the oil to cure it.

Edited by thanks2

• 4 weeks later...

Just to follow up on the shingles question....

The person that I know who tried PB's topical oil on their 'after shingles pain' did not receive relief unfortunately. This person's blisters have gone a long time ago but the pain remains.

It may have just been the rubbing action when applying the oil, but I was told that the pain got a little worse after the application.

Just to follow up on the shingles question....

The person that I know who tried PB's topical oil on their 'after shingles pain' did not receive relief unfortunately. This person's blisters have gone a long time ago but the pain remains.

It may have just been the rubbing action when applying the oil, but I was told that the pain got a little worse after the application.

Thank you .. good information.

• 1 year later...

With "oil" making standards patients could find repeatability. Knowing the amount of residuals, temps, type of naptha(moth balls, paint thinner), cannabis types, procedure, etc...it might very well be the naptha residue curing people for instance. I know a lot of medicines are derived from naptha, including some prescribed for serious skin afflictions like psoriasis

Folks report to me the itching and burning turn off in seconds with my topical oil.

I have been wondering about that, I have some p.b oil, I got chicken pocks when I was 28 yrs old, it was the most miserable thing I have ever experienced, we got chicken pocks from a person my wife at the time was treating for shingles, first my ex got a bump or 2 on her donkey no biggie, six weeks later my 3 yr old son got chickent pocks, by that time I was asking my mother if I had chicken pocks when I was a kid, she couldnt remember, but since it was almost 5 wks gone by with my ex and my son getting them I thought I was safe, well 6 wks after my son got them, I got it, the 1st morning I had at least 30 in my mouth and prob the same amount in my arm pits, by the time I got it full blown I looked like a monster, my eyes were effected, I had to live in the dark, I put that pink stuff all over me, talcome or what ever it was, (at that time I had heard if you get a realy bad case of chicken pox and live thru it you will never get it again) now im hearing of this shingles and if you had chicken pox it is already in you?

I have to tell you Im freaking out, I almost died from my case of chicken pox, My temp went to 106 I was instructed to take very cold baths. oh man just thinking about it, my eyes are still effected from the pox, the light, smoke, you name it my eyes are red, now to think im gonna get it again is just bugging the phaq out of me!

I remember when they used to say if shingles made it all the way around your body you could die.

any how, im not looking forward to getting shingles, and since they say if you had chicken pox it is already in me, well Im gonnna make sure I have topicals, ingestables, talcom and etc!

Peace

any how, im not looking forward to getting shingles

they have shingles vaccine shots at a bunch of pharmacies now. usually its even covered by most health ins, and if not its only ~$40.

what are you waiting for??

http://www.cdc.gov/Vaccines/vpd-vac/shingles/default.htm

chicken pox is horrible. i got it as a kid and scraped off a few holes in my face because of it..

Blue Star Ointment works for the painful and itching part,but only for a little while. It is just camphor in a petroleum base. I think pure camphor oil would work better. The tea tree oil works too,it has a drying effect. But I don't know what you could take internally to relieve shingles. It hurts like a beatch.