Important Court Of Appeals Judge Peter D. O'connell Will Be On The Ballot Tuesday, November 6, 2012.

IMPORTANT

Court of Appeals Judge Peter D. O'Connell will be on the ballot Tuesday, November 6, 2012.

If you live in the Fourth District of Michigan, please be advised that the MMMA is encouraging all voters to make certain to be at the polls, and cast your vote for anyone judicial candidate other than Peter O’ Connell. Please be advised that Judges are not designated by party (although supported, funded and affiliated with), and his name will appear on the ballot as an incumbent.

Please note:

The Fourth District includes the following counties: Alcona, Alger, Alpena, Antrim, Arenac, Baraga, Bay, Benzie, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Clare, Clinton, Crawford, Delta, Dickinson, Emmet, Gladwin, Gogebic, Grand Traverse, Gratiot, Houghton, Huron, Ingham, Ionia, Iosco, Iron, Isabella, Kalkaska, Keweenaw, Lake, Lapeer, Leelanau, Livingston, Luce, Macinac, Marquette, Manistee, Mason, Mecosta, Menominee, Midland, Missaukee, Montcalm, Montmorency, Ocena, Ogemaw, Ontonagon, Osceola, Oscoda, Otsego, Presque Isle, Roscommon, Saginaw, St. Clair, Sanilac, Schoolcraft, Tuscola, and Wexford.

Peter D. O'Connell is a judge on the Michigan Fourth District Court of Appeals. He wrote the concurring opinion in the People v. Redden, which set the judicial tone by which patient and caregivers are treated, and the limited way in which the act is being interpreted. In the last medical marihuana case before him, he suggested that the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act was unconstitutional, and that it should be repealed.

The MMMA is encouraging all voters please pass the message and let us make certain that he does not return to the Court of Appeals.

http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Peter_O'Connell

http://www.facebook....8407515?sk=wall

For Example

"Court orders new trial In a 2-1 decision, the Court of Appeals determined that because the jury was not notified that a victim of a traffic crash had been smoking marijuana, the conviction of Matthew Soars should be thrown out and he will stand in a new trial. Soares, who had been drinking, ran a stop sign and then collided into William Day, who was riding his motorcycle. Day subsequently died. "Accordingly, we conclude that the trial court abused its discretion in granting the prosecutor's motion to exclude evidence of Day's use of marijuana at the time of the accident, reverse defendant's conviction, and order a new trial," wrote Judges Donald S. Owens and O'Connell in the majority opinion. But Judge Alton Davis voted that the conviction should stand. "Again, I conclude that this case presents a close evidentiary question, and the majority inappropriately substitutes its own judgment for that of the trial court," Davis wrote. "I would hold that the trial court did not abuse its discretion in excluding the evidence."

I am curious how the courts and voting for appeals court judges works. The reason I ask this is that I though Redden was an Oakland Cty case, yet I see O'Connell is voted on by people outside of Oakland Cty.

yep thats us the redden case and we will be back in court soon after almost 3 years and they are still after us who can believe it we are hoping for the best to come out and we can be FREE on day if the truth will be able to come out we will win it's way passed time for Oakland county some one has to stop them we hope it will be us

yep thats us the redden case and we will be back in court soon after almost 3 years and they are still after us who can believe it we are hoping for the best to come out and we can be FREE on day if the truth will be able to come out we will win it's way passed time for Oakland county some one has to stop them we hope it will be us

I pray that you kick their Azzez - Sorry for the language

Does any one know who is running against Judge O'Connell? What if no one is apposing him? Michael, you should be ready for a change in scenery by now! Your honor would sound really great. What a friend the MMJ community would have in you! I'd work for free to help you! Just day dreaming (hoping)I suppose! :~)

• 8 months later...

Whats his name on the MSC is also in my district. the guy is a Midland native i believe and a good friend of Schuitte and Campy. He was the SC Justice on the right in the McQueen case that was so negative. Zahra, He is also a VOTE OUT OF THE SEAT guy, like O'Connel

It's the ruling that matters. So far, our side.

OConnell?? Every ruling, so far, not our side.

Would be nice if they ruled on p2p before the election.

• 2 weeks later...