Email Reply From Representative Rick Olson

washtenaut

He's right, they passed the bills to help law enforcement, not patients.

He's a little slow about the affirmative defense isn't he? A card gives you an affirmative defense? That would be a contradiction or redundancy. I guess it's better for law enforcement to not worry about someone that is legal and doesn't have a card. It's all about Schuette and what he wants to help his pals.

These guys are two faced. First they want to use the feds as an excuse, then they introduce a dispensary bill. They are the masters of stupid and promotion of illegal activities, while inferring that we are.

I heard back from Representative Olson.

Rep. Rick Olson <district055@house.mi.gov> To: xxxxxx

The bills we passed were designed to make the law easier to administer and create some consistency across the state. Hopefully that will benefit the legitimate patients that the people who voted for the bill to be compassionate for those in pain to be able to access marijuana. Note that one of the bills made the possession of a medical marijuana card an affirmative defense for possession of marijuana.

I know we will not satisfy those who want the medical marijuana law to in fact legalize the use and possession of marijuana, but legally, the most we can do at the state level is decriminalize the use and possession of marijuana – for state prosecution- as long as it is a federal offense. Hopefully rescheduling marijuana at the federal level soon will address many of those issues.

Rick Olson, 55th district

517-373-1792

There will be no affirmative defence.......yes you meds are legal ....but you had them in the car, not locked in the trunk.........pay the clerk 500 dollars....next case. thats how you going to administer..... But thank God for the Supreme Courts Ruling. Yes we do have honest people in this state that know when the people VOTE to pass something ,it should be followed. 7 to 0 republicans and democrates 77777777777777777777to 000000000000000000000

And I bet they would look on this in the same way.Lots of laws that get passed get tossed out. Watch the health care law .lol

Be thankful for the 7 brave people that know what is right.

Edited by flaviegreen