#21 tricloud

tricloud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • LocationMid Michigan

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

I try to get out and travel, and i have seen meds from $175 to $600 a zip. I have seen immature harvest, pested harvest, some late harvest. C02 abuse. Nutes.

I guess there are two kinds of CGs - one for the quality, real medicine. The other for money, profit. There could be a third - the clueless grower, who can't explain why he uses a certain nute or growing gear, can't explain how PM or mites occur, he/she sees nothing wrong.

I had hoped that farmer's markets would define the direction toward quality - after all customers will always demand the best. This is not true. Customers also want the cheapest and will buy bad looking crap sometimes, cuz its cheap. Customers also pick meds based on something silly, like a purple color or the hair colors, the smell.

I would always grow for quality - as I am my first patient. I will always grow quality, so the next new patient can see what medical marijuana looks like, feels, smells, and tastes.

I think smell tells a lot.......

#22 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I think smell tells a lot.......

I agree, mold and mildew are smelly (bad), and the plants seem to produce more and better terpenes when well cared for in an ideal environment (good).

#23 bobandtorey

bobandtorey

The First To Be Raided and legal

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,331 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

I agree, mold and mildew are smelly (bad), and the plants seem to produce more and better terpenes when well cared for in an ideal environment (good).

It's a full time job for someone growing for 5 and IMHO we will lose caregiver
And as we can see the money people will use that against the growers

#24 hic

hic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Locationnewaygo county

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Grow for money on monday and then grow for quality on Tuesday. Don't know what ya do the rest of the week?

#25 Tone Mudbone

Tone Mudbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

I've always grown for quality because I am my own patient first. And just like the first post of this thread said, I've tried many at dispensaries that just simply are garbage compared to the quality organic medicine I produce. The thing about the dispensaries and quality is that they don't pay enough money to afford quality medicine and really the only people the dispensaries get thier stock from are people trying to make a buck, not the ones focusing on quality medicine. They also probably make more when they sell the synthetic high thc stuff because it has no terpines (and no medicinal quality) because they were all baked off by 1000 watt lights. And also synthetic buds that have no uv spectrum added are not medicine IMHO so patients have to buy more and also smoke more to relieve symptoms, when a product that is organic with added uv will be much more valuable to patients and will relieve symptoms for a much longer period of time. But it sure is easy to yield a pound from one thousand watt light with a lot of synthetic bloom boosters and weight gainers out there.

#26 ozzrokk

ozzrokk

Sick and Tired

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Quality all the way......

#27 pergamum362

pergamum362

The voice in your head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

...realistically I grow for both.i don't know who said you can't have yield and quality...the notion made by this thread that you can't is just silly.lol ...if your room environment is ideal then the strain pretty much dictates your yield....now it's up to the grower to make sure it's go a burn clean.i hate when I get meds that are pretty..smell good but then taste nasty and burn black.

#28 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is it possible to grow for money in Michigan legally?

#29 garyfisher

garyfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Celliach,  It's not possible to grow marijuana legally in any state.  So the obvious answer to your question is, No.

#30 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster!

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,986 posts
  • Locationsome where in between winter and summer!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Is it possible to grow for money in Michigan legally?

It is possible to spend money to grow in michigan! :yahoo-wave:

Peace

Jim

#31 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster!

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,986 posts
  • Locationsome where in between winter and summer!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Its a great time to grow for quality,(you should always grow for quality) every one that purchased good grow equipment should be able to shut maybe half or more of the lights off, cut back on their nutes because we are not growing as much as you thought you could (legaly) now that you know how much you need for you and your pts, time to try new things, keep your numbers so you can keep you and your pts in a constant supply of mm,,, Plant some seeds, make some new cross strains, make your clones on the mother, do things you havent done before,  I dont care one way or another but im willing to bet their will be supply centers or despenses or f.m's to be able to recoup some of your grow costs, may be a while but it is gonna happen, all I care about is it dont mess up the c.g/pt rules as we have them now. 

It is time for mediocor growers to become better, its a great time for a beginner to start, its a good time for c.g's all around, and the more c.g's we have that know how to grow, the less pt's we will have looking for c.gs and paying to much at a despense or black market!

Peace

Jim

#32 motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationMetro D

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've grown for personal use for a very long time and have developed some pretty good skills. In the past 6 mo I've tried to help some people with their licenses get up and running. The experience with not fulfilling to say the least. Main reason was because I've never made decisions based on $$$. For instance, I don't use HPS for flowering because I like the effect the the added UV has on psycho-activity. I've sampled some offering from some local grow shops and have been pretty disappointed. Smells good, looks great, but would either make me gag or the high was lackluster.
Was wondering are there any other true connoisseur expert growers out there who can relate. I'm feeling alone on my own pot snob island right about now.

Nothing wrong with doing both.  If there was not money in this then how would anybody even pay for the Electric bill..?  Not all of us have the land and privacy to grow outdoors in a big dog cage.!!  So there is money involved and if your good and don't provide quality then well your not going to be around very long.  This business is filled  with as- clowns and some really, really lazy people so once you get to a certain status your going to get paid as a direct result of providing HIGH GRADE MEDICINE.  SO really they go hand in hand.!! :bong7bp:

#33 greenleaf

greenleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMacomb Oakland Compassion Club

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Same here.

One of the most important issues of quality for me is growing all organic and no pesticides.

#34 greenleaf

greenleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMacomb Oakland Compassion Club

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

I don't think people generally have a problem with growing in the area, the biggest problem I see as a connoisseur is seed selection when it comes to production keepers, for those supplying the Dispensary's.  Go through 500 seeds eventually and find your 50 keepers and ditch the 90%.

#35 motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationMetro D

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

I don't think people generally have a problem with growing in the area, the biggest problem I see as a connoisseur is seed selection when it comes to production keepers, for those supplying the Dispensary's.  Go through 500 seeds eventually and find your 50 keepers and ditch the 90%.

501st OG by Rare Dankness is back in stock as of 2:00 am 9-18-13.  Jump on that strain or try Night Terror OG.  Or the OG GHost Trains...I have #1 and #8.

Rare Dankness is right up there with Gage Green Group.  and my boy Bodhi.  All are killing the big names right now and making them look silly with all these feminized re-dubs and herms.

#36 williams2311

williams2311

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

501st OG by Rare Dankness is back in stock as of 2:00 am 9-18-13. Jump on that strain or try Night Terror OG. Or the OG GHost Trains...I have #1 and #8.

Rare Dankness is right up there with Gage Green Group. and my boy Bodhi. All are killing the big names right now and making them look silly with all these feminized re-dubs and herms.

both are sold out already

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users