Ann Arbor Pharmer's Co-Op, Hosted By The Thc Compassion Club

Market is closed thank you for your support

Hello folks it’s my pleasure to introduce the Caregivers Co-op hosted by THC Compassion Club to you. It is located at 300 West Liberty, Ann Arbor, MI in the Hemmp Center, (734) 222-8199 thehemmpcenter@gmail.com Call or email for more information!.

The market is open Saturday noon till 5 pm, and Wednesday 4pm till 8 pm, and Tuesday from 3-8PM. This is a Co-Op so you would be asked to join our club if you are not already a member on your first visit. If you are looking for a great a supportive club then com on down.

The market leans strongly towards organic growers, medables are often Vegan. The market has a policy to keep costs low .

The atmosphere at the market is a great one with excellent patient support in a great location. Please review this Wikipedia link, http://en.wikipedia....Arbor,_Michigan for full details or read this excerpt for an overview.

“During the last thirty years, the college town of Ann Arbor, Michigan has enacted some of the most lenient laws on marijuana possession in the United States. These include measures approved in a 1972 city-council ordinance, a 1974 voter referendum making possession of small amounts of the substance merely a civil infraction subject to a small fine, and a 2004 referendum on the use of medical marijuana. Since state law takes precedence over municipal law, the far-stricter state marijuana laws are still enforced on University of Michigan property, and within the city of Ann Arbor.”

Please pm me if you have questions about vending, please post on thread if you are patient looking to attend.

Warm regards, Ezrah

Edited by Ezrah

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not true, Croppled1. Due to neighboring businesses it is not possible to medicate on premises at the HEMMP Center.

Thank you , I am dissapointed I thought they might of broken through a barrier for patients but I understand at one time one of the threads had a comment to the affirmative . They have been having medication tents everywhere at events in the State and still do which is helpful to many patients . I have never been in one but I thought Ann Arbor activists might provide for the need with vaporizers , oil or medables at least aknowledged out in the open in a " private room maybe with air cleaners " since medical use is provided for in the City Charter with penalties being a CI with a $50 fine for violations unless State Law is applied if I understand right I was hopeful .. I still would like to visit someday just to use the lounge and socialize hoping to learn some health tips others are using for severe chronic pain with their holistic amnd vegan approach if they allow that ? As its 10 miles from me I hope it obtains strong support . We are cutting edge in Michigan this is just starting to gain support in Washington too since 2011 from what I have read .

Edited by Croppled1

Thank you , I am dissapointed I thought they might of broken through a barrier for patients but I understand at one time one of the threads had a comment to the affirmative . They have been having medication tents everywhere at events in the State and still do which is helpful to many patients . I have never been in one but I thought Ann Arbor activists might provide for the need with vaporizers , oil or medables at least aknowledged out in the open in a " private room maybe with air cleaners " since medical use is provided for in the City Charter with penalties being a CI with a $50 fine unless State Law is applied if I understand right . The same thread said nobody has ever been arrested but that was wrong as Mr Rice had a conflict as well as there was a raid at 3 dispensaries so far . I still would like to visit someday just to use the lounge and socialize hoping to learn some health tips others are using for severe chronic pain if they allow that ?

It would be great to have you come to the co-op, Crop! The HEMMP Center does recognize the need for patients to medicate and would like to allow it on site but circumstances involving other parties have prevented that. The Ann Arbor police have stated they do not see activity at the Co-op to be a criminal matter, whether it involves medicating ("smoking weed" as they put it) or not so there is no problem with local law enforcement.

I understand that this is Ann arbor so rent for this building is probably higher then the one in Jackson, however $25 for a paitent can be a lot of money. Id like to hear more about what the vendors are being charged if they still feel its nessacary to charge paitents $25. Hopefully once there's more vendors interested you could take away the paitent fee or at least make it something reasonable($1,5).

Edit: and I really hope the vendors aren't supposed to donate a percentage of everything, I've been to multiple markets like that and the common theme was the person running it always hounding vendors for money.

I do hope this takes off though I love Ann arbor and really want an excuse to visit the city more on weekends:)

Edited by babytwar

I understand that this is Ann arbor so rent for this building is probably higher then the one in Jackson, however $25 for a paitent can be a lot of money. Id like to hear more about what the vendors are being charged if they still feel its nessacary to charge paitents $25. Hopefully once there's more vendors interested you could take away the paitent fee or at least make it something reasonable($1,5).

Edit: and I really hope the vendors aren't supposed to donate a percentage of everything, I've been to multiple markets like that and the common theme was the person running it always hounding vendors for money.

I do hope this takes off though I love Ann arbor and really want an excuse to visit the city more on weekends:)

Sorry but you must live in a different world than the one where people have to pay the rent. If they do not get $ from the vendors how do they pay rent and utilities?

Awesome market nice friendly people.The staff are wonderful.Vendors have great genetics and medibles.

Thanks, jfba! Glad to hear it.

$25 dollar yearly membership ? No thanks I already paid the state a $100 ... you should be able to make enough off the vendors .. you shouldn't need the patients money also ... ill take the extra 30 minutes and drive to Jackson . I am disappointed I was really looking forward to the AA market ..

Compassion Club membership is $5. Co-op membership is $15 for patients and $20 for caregivers. I'm fine with that. A patient who frequents dispensaries would save that much with a single modest acquisition. This is a smaller space than Jackson. The co-op needs all the support it can get from its members to survive and thrive.

I Second that this is from a vendors perspective as a patient i wont pay any more fees next they will want samples from vendors went down that road before not again.

If you don't ever want to pay a fee again I can understand that sentiment but samples? :unsure: I would appreciate if you don't try to color the HEMMP Center with your bad experience somewhere else, know what I mean?

Actually there has been a safety net in place for caregivers who have an off day in compensation so they can pay less than $50. If it's compassion you want the HEMMP Center has it. Maybe even more than is good for it.

If Ezrah doesn't mind I'd like to link to a thread I made with info and updates on the Pharmer's Co-op. The latest news is the co-op will be open on Tuesdays beginning 3/13/12.

http://michiganmedic...519#entry364519

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

$25 dollar yearly membership ? No thanks I already paid the state a $100 ... you should be able to make enough off the vendors .. you shouldn't need the patients money also ... ill take the extra 30 minutes and drive to Jackson . I am disappointed I was really looking forward to the AA market ..

I get not wanting to pay and pay, you can come the first time for free, come and see what you think. I am will check with the folks that run it and see if they have adjusted memberships for low income folks. But I look at it like the $25 saves me in the long run, gas aint free my friend, come in talk with Kirby she runs it about the fee if that is a ish for you, first visit being free what do you have to loose, but a 30 min drive, even if that is just once.

When did I say they wouldn't get any money from the vendors? I said paitents shouldn't be asked to pay a fee, and vendors should have a set fee not a percentage taken because that just causes problems.

If I misunderstood then I apologize.

The set fee versus percentage is problematic. Each approach has its advantages. The first thing that has to be established are the actual costs of running a pharmers mkt. (Also when a market starts it may not get as many patients as needed to be self sustaining and a reasonable fee for a table at that juncture might need to be supported so your going to need some seed capital.

A set fee works well for the house if you can carry enough vendors. The problem is that if you are not constrained by space it tempts the folks who run it to expand it until no one is making adequate returns. If people are paying a % I suspect the system is self limiting since the number of vendors will adjust. Obviously neither of these situations is ideal.

I suspect a combined approach might be better because then you can adjust the sytem in interesting ways in an effort to find a good solution. The table fees should be low enough so that ideally you do not discourage a new vendor who came on a slow day. The % should be enough to fulfill the remaining gap beyond table fees. This should be an average of different days. You can also add caps to the percentages although I am against it because I think there needs to be some funds set aside for problems which as we all know, happen. We just have a hard time knowing when.

You may now talk amongst yourselves and print ways to improve on what I have presented.

Edited by mrd

I apologize for the sample referance how about a cover charge for every entry anywhere from 4 or 5 bucks. I just hate paying that one time fee and then say i dont return again.

I dunno. That's just not how it's structured. Most people who join return a number of times so that would be more money for them to pay. I mean you can try it for free and wait to make a decision until the time comes when you want to come back. Then decide if $20 worth it to you to be able to join for a year. I don't see what's better about charging people every time they come. I think the one-time fee has a better feel like they are not nickel and diming you.

Ezra sent me the details last night in an email and at first I thought, No, too much. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought it wasnt that bad. Ann Arbor, in general, certainly isnt cheap. Retail space of any kind in the location they are in is expensive. They have to cover costs. The other thing is, they have been open for a while now. That cant happen if they dont cover costs. This would mean that quite a few other people would have to think its not that bad also. Which all comes down to one important thing. These guys at the HEMP Center are helping patients. As I told Ez, I look forward to coming down in a couple weeks to check it out and meet some new people. After all, its free just to check it out. Thanks! Medcnman.

I agree, once I thought about things I felt more and more comfortable with the whole thing. I can tell you the folks running this are helpful, there fees are very reasonable for patients and vendors, it creates a atmosphere where patients can get a sense of community, great meds at really good donation rate. I keep saying this you can come down and come in for free, see what you think, they let you do that if you no like it don't feel like I do about it you can just get back in the car and drive the rest of the way to Jackson. What Joe has created in Jackson is really set the standard, I feel this location is people that have like motivations. They are good folks trying to do good things, with vendors that are the same. I am always try it before you buy it and they let you do that so I really can't complain.

Regards, Ezrah

I apologize for the sample referance how about a cover charge for every entry anywhere from 4 or 5 bucks. I just hate paying that one time fee and then say i dont return again.

Hey friend first visit is free, if you decide you like the co-op and want to come back regular they ask you to pay a small fee to join for the year, so I think you are good, sorry if I was not clear before hope this is more clear.