Rso Treatment

jamrock

I posted a few weeks ago about obtaining some high cbd oil and had limited response. So i took it upon myself to make some with some untested granddaddy purp. 2 oz of super frosty nugs for the first run. I use this because it was the most indica dominant strain I could find. Havent weighed it, but it looks like it cooked down to a few grams worth of oil, but as it cools it has the consitency similar to an earwax hash.

This is the first time i will be administering it to a patient. What is a good starting dose for her having an extremely low tolerency to start on? 1/4 gram? and then work our way up to gram/day? gram/day for 60 to 90 days is treatment timeframe correct?

Also, I would like to get this tested, anywhere in s.e. mi that performs testing for a reasonable price?

Any advice for taking the next step and starting to treat her is appreciated.

Start off small and increase dose once they get use to it. I'm working with a 27 yr old brain cancer patient now and working her to 3 grams per day in jel caps. She is stage 4 so we started her out with a 1/2 gram to start.I had her parents start her out small at first to make sure she could handle it and then up'd the dose. Working her up to the 3 grams per day this week. Will double that if needed. Poor girl has 5 kids too so her parents, doctors and everyone else is trying everything they can to say her life so they'll try rso too. I'll give'm every drop I can make..............................

My wife uses RSO for her diabetes and some other related issues. We learned a bit about methods of ingestion

How you take it makes a difference as to how it effects you.

If you eat/swallow it, it will be processed by your gut and liver taking as long as 3 hours to kick in.

You will feel trippy and can be high for 8+ hrs.

If you rub it on your gums, it will take 10 -15 mins to kick in and will feel more like a smoking high. Lasts 3 hrs approx.

This is also the method I see Rick Simpsons patients using when I watch the "Run from the Cure" video -

What I don't know is if one method is more effective than the other in fighting cancers.

My wife uses RSO for her diabetes and some other related issues.

Sorry to butt in here may I ask how she uses it, I have neuropathy from MS and diabetes wondering if this might help me if I were to rub it on my feet and hands? I can't smoke enough and stay awake to get it to help this.

Sorry to butt in here may I ask how she uses it, I have neuropathy from MS and diabetes wondering if this might help me if I were to rub it on my feet and hands? I can't smoke enough and stay awake to get it to help this.

Hi restlesslegs,

She uses about 1/4 - 1/3 a grain of rice and rubs it on her gums. That keeps her blood sugars flat - less spikes, also lowers the number.

She does have some tingling in her hands and for that she uses a simple salve that I make using fan leaves and coconut oil.

We also noticed she doesn't thrash her legs anymore when sleeping since she started on the RSO.

Thank you I take meds that don't work quite enough for the restless legs but MM sure does. I will have to see if I can make some and try it out. How do you make the salve? My neuropathy is pretty intense I am on 2400 mg. of neurontin for it plus MM and still have pain.

Hi restlesslegs,

She uses about 1/4 - 1/3 a grain of rice and rubs it on her gums. That keeps her blood sugars flat - less spikes, also lowers the number.

She does have some tingling in her hands and for that she uses a simple salve that I make using fan leaves and coconut oil.

We also noticed she doesn't thrash her legs anymore when sleeping since she started on the RSO.

Edit I do apologize for hijacking this thread but my goodness if she is getting lowered blood sugar and her baseline is staying normal this is something I would love to report to my diabetic doc!

Edited by restlesslegs

Thank you I take meds that don't work quite enough for the restless legs but MM sure does. I will have to see if I can make some and try it out. How do you make the salve? My neuropathy is pretty intense I am on 2400 mg. of neurontin for it plus MM and still have pain.

Edit I do apologize for hijacking this thread but my goodness if she is getting lowered blood sugar and her baseline is staying normal this is something I would love to report to my diabetic doc!

Simple Canna Salve

28oz organic coconut oil

2oz dried fan leaves

Add the coconut oil to a rice cooker or slow cooker

rough chop the fan leaves, and add to the cooker

let it steep for an hour or 2 stirring occasionally.

when done, remove/strain the vegetable matter with a clean cotton cloth or cheese cloth

pour it into a tub and let cool.

All measurments approx, as well as the steep time. I usually use a rice cooker because if I

happen to forget to keep an eye on it, it won't burn.

Simple Canna Salve

28oz organic coconut oil

2oz dried fan leaves

Add the coconut oil to a rice cooker or slow cooker

rough chop the fan leaves, and add to the cooker

let it steep for an hour or 2 stirring occasionally.

when done, remove/strain the vegetable matter with a clean cotton cloth or cheese cloth

pour it into a tub and let cool.

All measurments approx, as well as the steep time. I usually use a rice cooker because if I

happen to forget to keep an eye on it, it won't burn.

That is easy enough. Need to find something other the coconut oil really can't handle the smell for some reason. Olive oil maybe with a touch of lavender for a nice smell :) Thank you!

That is easy enough. Need to find something other the coconut oil really can't handle the smell for some reason. Olive oil maybe with a touch of lavender for a nice smell :) Thank you!

The coconut oil I use (Spectrum organic coconut oil) doesn't have a smell until I add the leaf, then it smell like cannabis.

I have made the salve with olive oil, and canola oil but they don't penetrate the skin as well as the coconut oil does.

She started taking the oil saturday. Took grain of rice sized dozage and it put her to sleep for 3 hrs without any major intoxication issues :)

At her last surgery they succesfully cut out the brain tumor, so we are working on combating the lung cancer, where it originated. She is also scheduled to start chemo soon, but maybe the oil will have some positive effects before they pump that poison into her.

A cg generously donated me some of his trim from the same grandaddy the oil was made from and i'll be making another batch tonight!

When making the first batch, i used a coffee filter to strain the solution from the plant material. It takes along time for it to filter through, and needed to be squeezed through. This made my hands so sticky, and i'm sure lots of precious oil was lost...

What process do you guys use to filter and to ring out the last bit of solution from the plant matter?

Thanks!

Edited by jamrock

The coconut oil I use (Spectrum organic coconut oil) doesn't have a smell until I add the leaf, then it smell like cannabis.

I have made the salve with olive oil, and canola oil but they don't penetrate the skin as well as the coconut oil does.

Thank you for all your information and tips. I am going to try this as soon as I am able. I just lost my harvest last week! Makes me want to cry my fan blew and the MM was fried. Thankfully I have Mother's I took clones of to start anew.

• 4 weeks later...

yes the best way we have found is to make a salve with rso you can add other things if you like. or you can use it straight but you my get discolored skin

Thank you for all your information and tips. I am going to try this as soon as I am able. I just lost my harvest last week! Makes me want to cry my fan blew and the MM was fried. Thankfully I have Mother's I took clones of to start anew.

correct coconut oil is one of the best raw products to use to penetrate into skin. Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO. This colorless liquid is an important polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water. It penetrates the skin very readily, giving it the unusual property for many individuals of being secreted onto the surface of the tongue after contact with the skin and causing a garlic-like taste in the mouth

Salve works great on many things with no high.

She started taking the oil saturday. Took grain of rice sized dozage and it put her to sleep for 3 hrs without any major intoxication issues smile.gif

At her last surgery they succesfully cut out the brain tumor, so we are working on combating the lung cancer, where it originated. She is also scheduled to start chemo soon, but maybe the oil will have some positive effects before they pump that poison into her.

A cg generously donated me some of his trim from the same grandaddy the oil was made from and i'll be making another batch tonight!

When making the first batch, i used a coffee filter to strain the solution from the plant material. It takes along time for it to filter through, and needed to be squeezed through. This made my hands so sticky, and i'm sure lots of precious oil was lost...

What process do you guys use to filter and to ring out the last bit of solution from the plant matter?

Thanks!

I purchased a gast vacuum pump for around 65 bux on fleabay!! then I got a flask for the vac and set up a regular gooch crucible and filter set-up -- yes -- straining thru the coffee filter is a long process however, the oil you will get from it will be as clean as glass -- dont worry about the duff --- its useless after washing the material

Good luck

Homey D.

I have Emu oil I am going to make salve with. It is suppose to penetrate further into the skin. Do you have any information on Emu oil and using it for canni salve? I was thinking about adding some tea tree oil since it is one of those oils that are so beneficial along with the emu oil.

correct coconut oil is one of the best raw products to use to penetrate into skin. Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2SO. This colorless liquid is an important polar aprotic solvent that dissolves both polar and nonpolar compounds and is miscible in a wide range of organic solvents as well as water. It penetrates the skin very readily, giving it the unusual property for many individuals of being secreted onto the surface of the tongue after contact with the skin and causing a garlic-like taste in the mouth

Salve works great on many things with no high.

She started taking the oil saturday. Took grain of rice sized dozage and it put her to sleep for 3 hrs without any major intoxication issues smile.gif

That is so wonderful has it continued to help her? My mom had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and her adrenal gland. I so wish I had been more knowledgable about MM then. God Bless both of you ((((((((HUGS))))))))