• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 parad0x

parad0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi all, quick question: if a previously valid MMMP card expires and you missed the "renewal" period, when reapplying do you use an "original" application form or a "renewal" form. Thanks :)

#2 Zombiefied

Zombiefied

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Use an original one as you have to do the whole process over again. I dont think a renewal will get you going along any faster. I have no real clue, maybe give LARA-MMMP a call.

#3 LongHairBri

LongHairBri

Plant Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationTrees in the D
Contributor

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

send in a NEW application. I send in both if the card expires within 30 days just to be safe

#4 Willy

Willy

Uber Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationWest Side of Michigan/ Muskegon

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

my patient sent in a renewal, it was not denied, but it was transfered over to the group that does new cards. but the point is it sat for 3 months at renewal, then moved for 7 months new card status, total.. 10 months wait. he was one day expired.. ONE DAY!!
It was time to renew when he got his hard card.. go figure that one out....

IF it expired send new paperwork..

Edited by Willy, 26 March 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#5 Ms Chocolate

Ms Chocolate

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

I guess it's still too early in the morning. I wrote a reply, and thought I entered it. So I will just echo what has been said,one the day of expiration you can not renew.

#6 parad0x

parad0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for all the replies! New application it is.

Also, I haven't followed the status of the MMMP too closely lately but out of curiousity have the renewal's been taking a shorter amount of time to process than originals or are they both taking around the same time to get cards sent out? My first card took 93 days to arrive, wondering how they're doing now.

#7 Willy

Willy

Uber Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationWest Side of Michigan/ Muskegon

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

now there sending a letter.. lol card to follow..

#8 Letterhead954

Letterhead954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Locationup north

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for all the replies! New application it is.

Also, I haven't followed the status of the MMMP too closely lately but out of curiousity have the renewal's been taking a shorter amount of time to process than originals or are they both taking around the same time to get cards sent out? My first card took 93 days to arrive, wondering how they're doing now.

I sent in a change form so I could posess my own plants last September. It's over 6 months and no new card. In the meantime I had to renew. Who knows when I'll get a new card. Good luck...

#9 tamara101972

tamara101972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

I missed my renewal period last year and sent in PW for a renewal, even though it was technically supposed to be a new card. I got lucky I guess because it was processed just like any other renewal and I got my card in about 2 months. I would NOT recommend that though, like I said I got very very lucky....

#10 Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationMt. Pleasant, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Just use the new form. Won't have a problem or potential problem with that.

Dr. Bob

#11 ozzrokk

ozzrokk

Sick and Tired

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Yes use an NEW application. They had it on the website that you MUST use a NEW application if yours has expired. Some may get lucky with using a renewal but you need to be safe. Good luck and good health

#12 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Aww what the hell, Might as well doggy pile:

Use the NEW application, not the renewal.

:-)

#13 MasterKush

MasterKush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

I sent in my renewal a couple days after my card expired and had no problems. I wouldnt recommend doing so...but it worked out ok for me. Card expired 4-20, sent in renewal on 4-23, hard card arrived this week on June 5.

#14 joeyrss7

joeyrss7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

I applied on May 24 and got my post office certified green card back but the stamp on it was 2 ?. I could not tell if it was 25 or 29 or what. So I called them and she said it could not have been the 26, 27, 28 because of holidays and whoever stamped it must not have pushed down hard enough on the second number. It looks like half of a 9 and I checked with my credit union and the money order was cashed on the 30th. The LARA/MMMR rep told me to staple a copy of my cashed money order, the green post office return receipt and the doctor papers together and use that until my card comes. She said they are working on May now, which I applied May 24.

So, with all the conflict going on, should I just wait until I get my card or go ahead on the 19th, which will be my 20 day waiting period?

#15 xMikey

xMikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

My card expired and I sent in renewal paperwork with no issues. Got my card within 2 months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users