HI,

I just was wondering if anyone out there could help me with a few things. So here it goes...

I am on long term disability for several medical issues that are causing me a great deal of pain and problems. I've been sick since I was a young girl , about age 11, and now I'm going on 27 years old, and the past few years several more things have gone wrong that has been making my pain worse and harder to deal with. Basically, as probably many of you know, pain really affects your mental state, especially in terms of concentration and memory, and because of that I have found it difficult to figure this out and research it. Despite that I have been at least trying to do some research on applying for my medical marijuana license, because when i was younger I used marijuana and it seemed to benefit me in a few different ways. So I would like to try using marijuana again and maybe I can avoid having to increase my meds and/or avoid having to add another new medication.

I've been looking around and have been told that it will cost me a few hundred dollars all together in order to get my medical marijuana license, including seeing a doctor, filling out the forms they give me and everything else that has to be done. I just feel a little lost and overwhelmed. If anyone out there can help me figure out a simple way to do this or if anyone has had some success applying in a certain way, I would love to know what you did and how, or if you know a good and cheap doctor that could help me that would be great.

Thanks in advance, have a great day!

-Shannbud, aka Shannon

Hi Shannon it would help if you could add the area of Michigan your in then we might be able to guide you better. You've come here when we are a bit of an upheaval over change of the CEO so if you get some odd responses please ignore them and I'll try to help you as best I can. Welcome to MMMA.

HI,

I just was wondering if anyone out there could help me with a few things. So here it goes...

I am on long term disability for several medical issues that are causing me a great deal of pain and problems. I've been sick since I was a young girl , about age 11, and now I'm going on 27 years old, and the past few years several more things have gone wrong that has been making my pain worse and harder to deal with. Basically, as probably many of you know, pain really affects your mental state, especially in terms of concentration and memory, and because of that I have found it difficult to figure this out and research it. Despite that I have been at least trying to do some research on applying for my medical marijuana license, because when i was younger I used marijuana and it seemed to benefit me in a few different ways. So I would like to try using marijuana again and maybe I can avoid having to increase my meds and/or avoid having to add another new medication.

I've been looking around and have been told that it will cost me a few hundred dollars all together in order to get my medical marijuana license, including seeing a doctor, filling out the forms they give me and everything else that has to be done. I just feel a little lost and overwhelmed. If anyone out there can help me figure out a simple way to do this or if anyone has had some success applying in a certain way, I would love to know what you did and how, or if you know a good and cheap doctor that could help me that would be great.

Thanks in advance, have a great day!

-Shannbud, aka Shannon

Thank you! I appreciate it, I live on the east side of Detroit near grosse pointe park. Does that help? Thanks again!

Shannbud

I'm on the other side of the state but I'll check around and see if I can find a clinic for you. Do you have medical records or better yet to save you some money is your doctor willing to sign the form for you?

I really doubt that my dr would sign it. I do have medical records that show my injuries to my back and neck as well as documentation about my diagnosis of my disease. Where do I get the papers to fill out? Or does the dr have them. Thanks for helping!

Sincerely,

Shannbud , aka shannbud

I really doubt that my dr would sign it. I do have medical records that show my injuries to my back and neck as well as documentation about my diagnosis of my disease. Where do I get the papers to fill out? Or does the dr have them. Thanks for helping!

Sincerely,

Shannbud , aka shannbud

YW when you go to the clinics they charge quite a bit but some give discounts if you are receiving disability or aid such as SSD or SSI. They will have all the forms for you at the clinic. Let me do some checking and I'll get back to you later. Maybe someone will see this post who is in your area. :)

Sincerely,

Shannbud , aka shannbud

Well it was easy enough to find and a really great price. Here is the link and it is in Farmington Hills. You should be able to book a date right from the site. This link goes directly to the price area.

http://medicalmarijuanatreatment.org/new-patients/

Wow thank u so much, if u find out anything else just let me know. I'm gonna contact them tomorrow and check out what the price is. Thanks again!

-shannbud :)

If you go to the part is says my link, click on that, it takes you directly to the page to show the price, $125 or $100 if you are on SSI, SSD, medicaid etc. You can also book an appointment right on line. Let me know how it works out for you

For some reason I was having problems making an appointment online. I think because I'm using my iPod touch. So I'm gonna try later on my laptop, and if for some reason that doesn't work then I am definitely calling tomorrow. Thanks for helping! I will let u know how it goes. I'm excited to get some relief , especially because I'm stuck in bed all day today due to my pain and a flare-up of my disease. Unfortunately, that comes with a fever.

I really excited to have access to legal marijuana and actually feel better without the side effects of my pain medication .

Thanks again! I know I've said it a lot but I am truly grateful. I'm not sure why I was having such difficulty finding an easy way to do this. But this is great.

Sincerely,

Shannbud