Most People Would Be Crushed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can not honestly think it would be any different with more democrats in there. They are politicians they do not like or care for MMJ. The system as a whole has been against it for so long and everything is so , how do you say?, business as usual that it seems to be purely by nature to hate us.

They were in control for the first year and did not seem nowhere near as rabid to me.

I don't want to be a pessimist, but the teachers and students were way more organized than us and they got absolutely nowhere

This is true. However, the difference is to screw the teachers and students, the legislature only needed 50%. To screw us, they need 75%, which is historically very hard to get.

They were in control for the first year and did not seem nowhere near as rabid to me.

I will say maybe not as rabid but I will also add that in the first year they did not have as much buzz or activity about MMJ yet, at least not as much as 3 years later. But even you know or should I say especially you should know that their first instinct is to not like it. Add on top of that their willingness to put something vindictive in the bills because they did not like what someone said or how they looked. It is their nature and it sucks.

Edited to add but hey fuckit thats just my opinion

and no I did not say flower it lol.....

ReEdited to add holy flower did we actually lose the word filter?

ReEdited to ReEdit to add no we did not lose the word filter :(

Edited by ozzrokk

I will say maybe not as rabid but I will also add that in the first year they did not have as much buzz or activity about MMJ yet, at least not as much as 3 years later. But even you know or should I say especially you should no that their first instinct is to not like it. Add on top of that their willingness to put something vindictive in the bills because they did not like what someone said or how they looked. It is their nature and it sucks.

Yea, your right. They would still be coming after us, just maybe not as bad. But then again maybe. Mike Cox was technically R, but darn, he was sure a lot easier to get along with, eh

This is true. However, the difference is to screw the teachers and students, the legislature only needed 50%. To screw us, they need 75%, which is historically very hard to get.

I would also add to that , and I do not know , I wonder if there was any other hidden agenda for screwing the teachers. That would make a big difference as well.

Right on, Flowergirl!

My wife and I were thinking the same thing - maybe a drive-by tongue-lashing!

LMAO!

These protests accomplish absolutely nothing and are detrimental to the cause/mmj movement. The republicans are going to vote how the republicans are going to vote. 500, 5000, or 50,000 outside the capitol is NOT going to sway their decision-making process.

All these protests do is give ammunition for the other side...and, trust me - it gives them a LOT of ammunition.

Mizerman

p.s. these battles can only be won at the ballot box and if you vote for ANY republican who is an elected official in the Michigan State Legislature...you're too stupid & don't deserve to keep your medical marijuana card...because obviously it means nothing to you.

I agree to a fair extent Mizer. though I do think 5000 at any point outside the capital will put local and state media on it. Media attention must be utilized. but if we were to band with other groups in this same fight against this current republican guard, and put 50,000 people there, under one anti republican power grab voice, then we are talking CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, and likely even BBC. Do it right and the darn weather channel will be predicting the weather cast for us.

then Michigan as a Citzen's Coalition, can do what Michigan has done since becoming a State in this Union. And that is Standing as a PEOPLE against the Government. Being an Innovator among inventors, a Mecha among humanity, and a leading State in terms of Civil Liberties. Michigan has Long been a leader in the civil rights movement, and I dont see our fight, too much differently than I see the fight our families and neighbors are in all over the State.

Or many of the previous fights our fathers, mothers and grandparents fought in as a State of Citizens, for that matter.

You can not honestly think it would be any different with more democrats in there. They are politicians they do not like or care for MMJ. The system as a whole has been against it for so long and everything is so , how do you say?, business as usual that it seems to be purely by nature to hate us.

Yes, I honestly think it would make an enormous difference.

1.) Do you see David Leyton, the Genesee County Prosecutor doing anything to any of the mmj businesses there? No. Remember, he was running for Attorney General in 2010 as a Democrat.

2.) Do you see Virg Bernero, the Mayor of Lansing, being the one behind closing dispensaries in Lansing along The Green Mile? No. Remember, he was running for Governor in 2010 as a Democrat.

3.) Show me ONE of these bills that was INTRODUCED by a democrat.

I know there might be a few of them that have jumped on board to co-sponsor one of them...but, you don't see one of them initiating legislation to overturn the will of the people and nullify an election.

Get back with me and provide me with some facts regarding this that we can all verify.

Mizerman

1.) Do you see David Leyton, the Genesee County Prosecutor doing anything to any of the mmj businesses there? No. Remember, he was running for Attorney General in 2010 as a Democrat.

2.) Do you see Virg Bernero, the Mayor of Lansing, being the one behind closing dispensaries in Lansing along The Green Mile? No. Remember, he was running for Governor in 2010 as a Democrat.

I know there might be a few of them that have jumped on board to co-sponsor one of them...but, you don't see one of them initiating legislation to overturn the will of the people and nullify an election.

Get back with me and provide me with some facts regarding this that we can all verify.

Mizerman

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/billintroduced/House/pdf/2011-HIB-4851.pdf Democrat HB 4851

Current updated version of HB 4851:

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/hb4851h71333314166.pdf <--- version "H-7"

edit: bad link and updated version

Edited by Malamute

Mizerman

Sorry Mizerman, no facts about it here. I just really think most of them are against our movement on both parties. They have fought against cannabis so long they cannot seem to let go.

• 5 weeks later...

I have watched at least a dozen ppl go thru court and plea guilty to possession of marihuana while they had their card in the last few months.. I really dont think it is their fault.. It is the fault of the Lawyers who let this happen.. I personally had a defense lawyer point me out to the judge as a crazy disruptive gal who was trying to get his client to not take his plea and he said i was representing myself as an Expert in the law.. I waved at the judge and told him.. No sir, im not an experts.. Im just a common citizen.. LOL .. But anyways.. It wasnt those ppls fault..

LOL so I was looking at Joes new site, the page that says the MMMA took down the Occupy page on FaceBook. Who ever Pirate Joe is, thats freaking halarious! They are debating CPU and talking like pirates! HAHA! By the way Joe is the one who deleted the FB page and then he created a new event called Defending Michigan Medical Marijuana on FB. SO he basicly ruined one event just so he could take control of it, welcome to the twilight zone. NO THANKS!

Of a cold, drearie night in the howling winde, didst the sloven and cheerless troll of beneath the bridge and of the darke pooles below, lie in perturbed and fitful sleep. And he saith forsooth! But I am alone, and withoute communion withe toadies which are like to bring joy to feede mine own egoe. Then, he of the pony which screwes the pooche didst soon enough harkeneth to the sounde and glorie of the multitude of four peasants, and theye wandered inst their bewilderement to his stables, from whiche the stencche pouredth like unto a greate and foule pitt of ces, and there were fed withe a moste copious arraye of that manner of stuffits, suited to cause belching and farteing and callinge of Earle a second time. Thusly were those seers of the darke dreams mightily thence bounde at service, and at the cause of the cut offe, the severed, the excommunicaetied, of the demented, of the fearful and violent throes, even unto the deranged, shewn in their dark places to partake in abomination.

And forsooth! We were mighitliy afraid. :butt2:

Edited by GregS