Thought This Was Medical ?

MedPatient636

This is crazy to me ... first it was an unbelievable price for a cannatonic and now they must feel better by cutting that in half for this tora bora .. I for one am lucky enough to know someone with higher cbd then both of these and he didn't bust my balls for the price they are remember it is a clone ... it takes 10 minutes to prep and a week.. yeah yeah blah blah about taking the time to sort through. you buy a pack of ten and grow them all and have them tested . so 300 dollars in testing equals way more than that for a clone ? sorry but I will never go back to this facility for promoting these ridiculous prices for clones . iron labs it is for me . gas testing is more accurate anyway . I understand the time in sorting of good genes but again its a clon.50-100 TOPS. what the hell are you guys thinking ? and I can't believe people ate stupid enough to pay that .

There are all sorts of costs, as any grower can attest to, in finding a 'winner' strain, CBD rich or otherwise.

The trouble with CBD rich strains is that it is difficult, if not impossible, to detect it with a 'smoke test' so the expense of lab testing adds more burden.

Pack after pack of seeds, at $5-10 per seed, then lab test after lab test after lab test to find a desirable ratio, then grow test after grow test to find a strain with a decent CBD percentage and flower yield.

It could take a year or more and thousands of dollars to find the 'right' CBD rich strain. In that year, a grower could have just been producing THC rich meds instead and making some income.

I can understand how charging this high of a price for a clone seems outrageous on its face, but if you really look at it, you could buy a clone like that, make clones of it available for super cheap, and recoup your investment in a very short period. Once you own the strain, it's yours to do with what you will.

This kind of thing will stop if you want it to, all you have to do is find a CBD rich strain yourself and undercut these guys. I think you'll find it's easier said than done.

Lol exactly longhairbri ! I explained the blah blah blah process of elimination and testing prices . It would all be paid for with one clone at those prices . And no , there is cbd crew seeds . Cbd seeds through attitude . Reggae seeds . Several companies now producing cbd seeds now . Buy a pack of ten and out of that 2-3 should produce a good cbd for you . Oh and tora bora produces some very high thc phenos as well so I'm sure those didn't go to waste and not make any " income " for them ...

I'm sure these guys aren't planning on selling 100 clones at $250.. Maybe like 5 so once those 5 are bought and grown out as mothers each of those 5 people will take 10 clones and sell them for $50 each and so on until it's flooded the market and cheap.

The price is justified IMO because someone had to work and dedicate funds and time to get these results. Anyone who has done any sort of pheno selecting knows it's not the quickest thing also you're not going to be growing full blast because of all the plant number you have to have tied up.

If you don't want/need cannalytics help in getting CBD rich genetics, great! Just don't bash them because they're trying to spread it around more. Its the growers of these strains are the ones up charging not cannalytics I'm guessing.

I'm sure these guys aren't planning on selling 100 clones at $250.. Maybe like 5 so once those 5 are bought and grown out as mothers each of those 5 people will take 10 clones and sell them for $50 each and so on until it's flooded the market and cheap.

The price is justified IMO because someone had to work and dedicate funds and time to get these results. Anyone who has done any sort of pheno selecting knows it's not the quickest thing also you're not going to be growing full blast because of all the plant number you have to have tied up.

If you don't want/need cannalytics help in getting CBD rich genetics, great! Just don't bash them because they're trying to spread it around more. Its the growers of these strains are the ones up charging not cannalytics I'm guessing.

I believe that's correct. Cannalytics is only acting as a broker for these.

There are a couple free cbd rich strains floating around up here. 1.3G (4:1 ratio) and blue cough (3:10 iirc). No definitive verdict on yields of either as of yet, though.

Like you said, you just have to ask around.

I just gave away my decent sized back up Blue cough. Nice enough to smoke. The yields in terms of bud were not good. The plant has a lot of leaf and trim. Now if I was making oils that might not be too much of an issue.

The person who has it now is certainly medically oriented and will likely be getting it out there soon.

Cindy's Cannatonic tested great at Herbal Elements of a 1-1 and I had capsules from it that were amazing

I too had caps that were blended with Cannabrex, along with some cured bud. This high-CBD strain defines 'medical' marijuana...noticeable pain-relief on the order of several aspirin, with heavy sedation effect in pill-form. I made budder with whole Cindy's Cannatonic bud and gave a tub to the originator of the strain for his wife's relief. Later he said the budder helped muchly, attributable to triggering the body's CBD receptors. I don't think this pheno. author has let out cuttings - he was inclined to remain anonymous.

Like Bill Cosby said, "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

We were able to reduce the donation for the Tora Bora in half compared to the Cannatonic #4. These genetics aren't owned by Cannalytics, we can't distribute them for free. Most people don't have a good source to obtain CBD-rich material from or they wouldn't be here on the message board asking for it. If you don't like the price, phenotype your own or split the cost with a group of friends. If you don't want to be on our CBD-rich clone availability e-mailings, ask to be removed. There's lots of bogus CBD-rich material going around too so good luck sorting through that.

There are all sorts of costs, as any grower can attest to, in finding a 'winner' strain, CBD rich or otherwise.

The trouble with CBD rich strains is that it is difficult, if not impossible, to detect it with a 'smoke test' so the expense of lab testing adds more burden.

Pack after pack of seeds, at $5-10 per seed, then lab test after lab test after lab test to find a desirable ratio, then grow test after grow test to find a strain with a decent CBD percentage and flower yield.

It could take a year or more and thousands of dollars to find the 'right' CBD rich strain. In that year, a grower could have just been producing THC rich meds instead and making some income.

I can understand how charging this high of a price for a clone seems outrageous on its face, but if you really look at it, you could buy a clone like that, make clones of it available for super cheap, and recoup your investment in a very short period. Once you own the strain, it's yours to do with what you will.

This kind of thing will stop if you want it to, all you have to do is find a CBD rich strain yourself and undercut these guys. I think you'll find it's easier said than done.

Dan, thank you for continuing to clarify why the donation is what it is. If anyone on the forums wants to phenotype their own CBD-rich phenotype and undercut what we're offering I'm sure any lab in the state would be glad to assist you. I'd love it too because then we'd stop getting so many calls from patients asking where to obtain CBD-rich meds.

I thought this was America, land of the Free and Free Enterprise.

If you don't like the price of a corvette you can still buy a different car that's in your price range.

Supply and Demand determine Price, pretty easy concept to understand.

Henry Ford didn't like the average price of automobiles, he didn't complain, he solved the problem.

Knowledge, equipment to do it, tons of time, all the expense, and frustration I am sure, sounds to me the price is right. I don't have that type of money to spend but I sure can see why it would be a high price.

LOL. Totally understand the sentiment.

Truth is, once these strains get out, they will probably be available for cheap or free from secondary sources.

or some jack donkey will try to sell whatever bunk under the tb name... that's just as much the truth.

i'd have no prob dropping good cash on true, verified, real deal cuts... or some of the elites at least.

Are these cuts a higher cbd ratio than say pre 98 bubba kush? 4% thc 12 % cbd I've seen posted elsewhere about the cali connection s1's

The Tora Bora is a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. We've also found Cannatonic strains recently that are either completely CBD or 1:1 CBD:THC (we've also seen several Cannatonics that have no CBD in them at all).

I'm not aware of the Cali Connection Pre-98 Bubba being CBD-rich, however even if it were, it would be a matter of testing the material from every single seed to find the desired phenotype.

I think it would be nice to know the lamens explanation of how you would test a seed or a plant in Veg for the CBD out come. I can understand when it's finished but when it's not being produced I'm just puzzled.

1) Order a pack of CBD-rich seeds

2) Once germinated, number every plant with a unique identifier (ie: Cannatonic #1, Cannatonic #2, Cannatonic #3, etc)

3) When the plant is about 6-12" tall, collect a few medium-sized leaves from each plant and place them into a separate container labeled to match each plant's unique identifier

4) Submit properly-labeled leaves from each plant to a lab of your choosing

5) Wait for your results, it is said that only 1/4 germinated seeds will be CBD-rich, if the seeds aren't feminized you might also be looking at only 1/2 of them being feminized, thus your chances of getting a CBD-rich female are 1/8

Edited by Cannalytics