The Weather

1st Please Accept my Heart Felt and Honest Appology!:( I hope you can find it in your heart to accept my humble appology's,(i have a feeling you will after reading your post^)

Your chuckling at my failure :lol: well me too! and im far from an amature! roglmao! I was truly lost and had faulty equipment to boot! :hot:

My Brain hurts!

Peace

Jim

I hate fighting with anyone and I do really appreciate your apology. Nah not chuckling at ya but With ya!

Hey I am an amateur, lol for sure! was a great gardener but MM is a whole different ballgame. :) I was never a "pot" smoker until I found the benefits of it.

I hate fighting with anyone and I do really appreciate your apology. Nah not chuckling at ya but With ya!

Hey I am an amateur, lol for sure! was a great gardener but MM is a whole different ballgame. :) I was never a "pot" smoker until I found the benefits of it.

IMHO if you can do roses in dirt you can do mm in dirt! thats all i have to say! I have lots of advise on how to kill dwc plants so far, it may be useful!

Peace

Jim

Bright shining lights, the sound of an air horn......eeeek it's that simi of pain coming at me.

Rawrrrrrrrrr Smack! Omg from my waist to my feet my body hurts esp my knees.

And the sun is shining?? go figure. Time for a bowl or 2 pic.gif

Edited by Fat Freddy

Wow!

This is what I was asking for someone to answer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"I think I need to call our doctor and see if we can arrange to have some sort of service come in and help us with things that have proven to be too difficult at times...or, just too painful to do on some days. We are both getting Social Security Disability benefits and we have traditional MediCare.

Do any of you know if it's possible for people like us to get some type of assistance through MediCare and how much our part would be? Is it even affordable?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I didn't post my verbose diatribe of a rant in a thread titled "Growing Questions" or "Wanting to sign up with a caregiver". Did I? Did I miss something?

Maybe I'm asking questions that are too difficult?

The only thing I know for sure is that I didn't get any ice cream!

NOTE: Sure wish I could find a YouTube video of the old Saturday Night Live episode with Garrett Morris yelling at the camera, "Our Top Story Tonight..." - so the deaf people could hear him. Maybe that would help move things a long if you get my drift.

WTF?

Trust me on this, I wouldn't be asking anyone on this website to be my caregiver. That ain't ever gonna happen. ROTFLMFAO! Again, thanks to the two people who did reach out to me offering to do so. But, either the price tag was way out of reach or I didn't have complete confidence in the grower's ability to provide me with the amount of medicine I would need and my wife would need to ditch the rest of the pharmaceuticals once and for all.

When the people that run this website don't give a flying "phaq" :)):)):)) (in honor of Jim) if you have one, it's safe to assume that the rest of the people on here don't either. (Like other things in life, it just takes me longer to figure things out.)

Or, there aren't any truly disabled people on this website. Oh well, there aren't any real caregivers either...as I've come to learn over the course of the last three years.

Argue away! Let the proverbial fecal matter storm commence!

Hugs & Kisses,

Mizerman

p.s. Also, in my original post I said I could NOT grow where we live. They will NOT allow it to happen.

p.s.p.s. Lastly, whoever told you that your monthly disability check will decrease by 25% when you reach retirement age must have a hole in their head. I had heard this rumor years ago and it is simply NOT true.

NEXT!

Edited by mizerman

Mizerman , there is no assistance through Medicare those that have it had private insurance of some sort before becoming disabled as far as I know . Sometimes you can find someone willing to volunteer through a Church group like Catholic Social Services for instance but remember you open your lives to strangers that may or may not accept your realities . One of the most difficult things was finding out other patients are often the most critical of others disability status .

Until you are willing to give up all rights to determine your own care going through a Judge to be deemed unfit to care for yourself there is no help except through private pay and volunteers if your lucky . Be careful and fight hard to stay free and away from that the care is well meaning but often causes suffering for pain patients beyond what should occur . Sadly pain is not a disability only ones reaction to pain and it is looked upon as a weakness just as natural dependency on medications that leads to life threatening and loss of sanity for many if medications are abruptly withheld . A situation often abused by individuals who take advantage of patients after creating such situations .

I can understand 100% why your bitter and I hope we can try to understand the problems patients face in our association and find solutions as a group that cover everyone and not just a few . We have to treat each other well before others will give us the respect we deserve same as we must be patient and polite forcing individuals to recognize how terrible even deadly any arrest of a qualified patient can be .

Edited by Croppled1

Wow!

This is what I was asking for someone to answer.

"I think I need to call our doctor and see if we can arrange to have some sort of service come in and help us with things that have proven to be too difficult at times...or, just too painful to do on some days. We are both getting Social Security Disability benefits and we have traditional MediCare.

Do any of you know if it's possible for people like us to get some type of assistance through MediCare and how much our part would be? Is it even affordable?"

I didn't post my verbose diatribe of a rant in a thread titled "Growing Questions" or "Wanting to sign up with a caregiver". Did I? Did I miss something?

Maybe I'm asking questions that are too difficult?

The only thing I know for sure is that I didn't get any ice cream!

NOTE: Sure wish I could find a YouTube video of the old Saturday Night Live episode with Garrett Morris yelling at the camera, "Our Top Story Tonight..." - so the deaf people could hear him. Maybe that would help move things a long if you get my drift.

WTF?

Trust me on this, I wouldn't be asking anyone on this website to be my caregiver. That ain't ever gonna happen. ROTFLMFAO! Again, thanks to the two people who did reach out to me offering to do so. But, either the price tag was way out of reach or I didn't have complete confidence in the grower's ability to provide me with the amount of medicine I would need and my wife would need to ditch the rest of the pharmaceuticals once and for all.

When the people that run this website don't give a flying "phaq" :)):)):)) (in honor of Jim) if you have one, it's safe to assume that the rest of the people on here don't either. (Like other things in life, it just takes me longer to figure things out.)

Or, there aren't any truly disabled people on this website. Oh well, there aren't any real caregivers either...as I've come to learn over the course of the last three years.

Argue away! Let the proverbial fecal matter storm commence!

Hugs & Kisses,

Mizerman

p.s. Also, in my original post I said I could NOT grow where we live. They will NOT allow it to happen.

p.s.p.s. Lastly, whoever told you that your monthly disability check will decrease by 25% when you reach retirement age must have a hole in their head. I had heard this rumor years ago and it is simply NOT true.

NEXT!

I know you can get someone as a paid caregiver through the social security program. I would suggest looking at schools that train medical assistants or nurse's aids. 2 of my daughters have gone to school for that and one of them works with mentally & physically challenged people.

Edited by Fat Freddy

Thanks Fat Freddy, I'll look into it.

As usual, people on here don't know much about this and as much as Croppled1 wants to give me advice...MediCare DOES pay a percentage of home health care services...I was simply looking for someone who was going through what I was going through.

I didn't want some wiseazzes taking over the thread talking about growing, caregivers, etc...or, the latest mumbo jumbo about going in front of a judge?

WTF?

This place hasn't changed one bit other than the fact they have banished the hard-charging general off of the island.

Thanks again for the lines going thru my words - greatly appreciated

Thanks Fat Freddy, I'll look into it.

As usual, people on here don't know much about this and as much as Croppled1 wants to give me advice...MediCare DOES pay a percentage of home health care services...I was simply looking for someone who was going through what I was going through.

I didn't want some wiseazzes taking over the thread talking about growing, caregivers, etc...or, the latest mumbo jumbo about going in front of a judge?

WTF?

This place hasn't changed one bit other than the fact they have banished the hard-charging general off of the island.

Thanks again for the lines going thru my words - greatly appreciated

Medicare pays for a small length of time for a few things but they are based on health and recovery. They don't pay for home cleaning, I put a question mark by that in my first reply because it has been 3 years since I was involved with it, so that is the best knowledge I have right now. They do however send in nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, other people in the health industry but only for a limited amount of time. You can have them come in again but I do not know the exact wait time nor the complete procedure but everything needs to be ordered through your doc first. I went through this with my dad. Finding answers at the SS website is sometimes very hard that is why I suggested you contact the SS office. Then you can talk to someone and actually get the information you need. If they can help in anyway they will get you in contact with other agencies or programs.

When you started this topic you seemed to have a lot of things you wanted answered. Personally I did not see just one question in your post and I felt like you needed to know others like me know, we really know, some of the things your going through. That is why I took the time to read each part and reply to it because I Do Care about people. I also can tell your very frustrated, broke as all get out, need to find relief not only for yourself but for your wife, angry probably at the system and at you all's situation more so then us, finding no relief within the medical field or through the other avenues you've tried, and it is all getting very tiring and maddening. I truly feel for you both because what your facing is not easy. I hope you find some answers and help for you both.

Not sure why my words keep getting underlined - wtf is wrong with this and why is this happening to me all of the time?

Anyway, thanks for the response "restlesslegs".

At the top of the reply or quote box is a small button with a " U " with an underline if it is darken'ed somewhat it may be in the on position.

• 4 months later...

i think you can get a service animal , either a dog or monkey which can retrieve the newspaper for you. etc. and then take it off your taxes or something.

hey i dont know.

all i know is sometimes the weather gives me the worst headache or migrane, words cannot describe it. 9/10 pain, nausea and dizzyness due to pain, throbbing, light sensitive, feels like hot knives. etc.

even thought about suicide to never go thru another headache like that again. wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

i can feel storms in my bones, knees, shins, sometimes my teeth haha. is it some kind of evolutionary trick? so you stay indoors, in pain, instead of getting wet and dying of pnumonia/hypothermia? or struck by lightning? i just dont get why we should feel barometric pressure like this.

did anyone make their own hyperbolic chamber to adjust the pressure for themselves?

This is the same crap mizerman has flung since he came on the scene back in 2009.

He starts a dialog that hides his real motive "I want marijuana for free" " I should not have to pay for it, because CG/growers have a lot"

So now his plan involves "Hey give me 1 plant and do what ever you want with the rest" - like what? Sell to a dispensary? Sell P2P?

Maybe you should take your 12 plants - sell the meds to a dispensary or p2p and pay your CG his expenses?

-

This is one of the reason I get frustrated in the MMMP. This Freedom we have earned - IS NOT FREE.

We can go on and on about the cost, the electric bill, the investment and risk (the crop could go bad) it takes to be a grower - patient or CG.

To be compassionate it does not mean complete altruism.

What I see here with mizerman - is a continued policy of complaining about other people, using insults against people who disagree, and sometimes someone feels bad and give him free meds for a day. People have bent over backwards to help this guy, and all of them got screwed, as he will ask for the mile in the inch you gave him.

Now, lets take the issue of poor patients, patients who's income is below life sustaining level.

Clubs do have food and clothing banks now, clubs can also take an offering - "the acquiring and transfer" for patients like this. This is a community effort - one person should not have to take on a poor patient. There IS a shortage of CGs and growers in this program. I think it will take 'outdoor grows' to change the issue of price - indoor grows are expensive. Outdoor grows reduced the cost and prices in other states - almost $800 to $1,000 a pound.

Then - man I hate these people - pot snobs. If you do offer them outdoor meds, that are potent, mold free, pest free - its not classy enough for them.

It's like welfare people - they got to have their food stamps, but why do they have a Lincoln Navigator in the driveway and 7 kids too?

You want meds, people have meds in your price range - but you keep asking for the keys to the BMW M5.

Did CGs and growers fix the price - I think we did - but for a good reason. Growers were finding that if they priced the meds cheap - patients would run their supply empty - because they were selling it to others or throwing block parties and supplying everyone with free smokes. I guess it was found that $200 was the fix - if a patient brought meds at $200, there was not much of a mark up to re-sell it.

Now, who's fault is it for the price fix? The people selling their meds behind the CG, putting everyone in the CG's program at risk.

No one said the MMMP was easy, and Freedom is not free.

This is still a great program for sick people, if we can work together.

PM me. That's not what I'm asking and I know all about grow times. I simply can't do it where we live. Thought I could but I cannot.

Whatever the "grow time" is, assuming we use your 16 weeks...let's break it down this way.

Let's take 12 plants and divide them up into a 16 week period. Harvest 3 every 4 weeks. I get one - the caregiver gets 2. Is that not "do-able"?

I guess this all depends on how experienced of a grower you are and what your average harvest/yield is per plant, doesn't it?

I noticed one person reading this as soon as I got done with the original post. That person used to be my caregiver and also my wife's as well. I didn't see a response from her....shocking.

Maybe I should repost some, or all, of my article "My Experience With Bogus Caregivers" from last year's Midwest Cultivator...and clean the article up and post it the way it was written and NOT the way it was edited before going to print.

Plus, update everything else in that article as well? Is this okay moderators? Am I allowed to tell the truth?

Since the word "medical" is in the name of this website, can I tell how this issue has had a "medical" affect on my wife and I?

Mizerman

p.s. I don't think anyone quite understands - nor wants to understand - what an elderly and/or disabled person goes through as far as cost-of-living, Medi-Care, prescription drug coverage, vs. high cost of replacing prescriptions with medical grade cannabis. Do you know how MediCare Part D works? I pay a fee of about $100 a month taken out of my Social Security Disability check to pay for MediCare. I pay a fee of about $65 a month taken out of that same check that is for prescription coverage. I chose this higher amount so I have no copays at the pharmacy if I get a generic equivalent.

hey mize!

Im on ssdi and i have one of them awsome c.g's Im also a c.g now, I realy couldnt do what my c.g does for me, my g.r is set up for realy no more than maybe 8 plants, right now i have 3 in budd and 4 in veg, Im hoping i can sneak at least 2 of my vegged ones into the budd tent a month before harvest, harvest time is never on time for me, I keep messing with the plants in budd and shocking them lol I need more in veg to mess with and keep my hands off the ones in budd :bong2:

how im set up now, if all goes well and i dont mess with shtuff to much, i should be able to crop one or two plants a month! see now im on the oppisite side of this, not entirely but, im trying to pay back my c.g for all the clones, vegged plants, and cured mm he gives me, he wont take a donation, and ive only gotten cured from him once since june now! I dont want my plant rights back becuase i need his help still as im starting a grow im not realy used to, been thru the dwc, and now im in promix, but after much reading im putting at least one clone in dwc in the next month or so, Im realy just trying to do the easiest grow i can, when i was doing dwc, i guess i should have done more reading up on it, it drove me nutts and everyone around me, and when they get sick its quick! may as well kiss em good bye and hope you can get some oil out of em!

I lost the 1st 3 plants i got, and all i had to do was budd them, they were already vegged by me c.g and brought to me ready to budd! so it dont always work out like it is supposed to, plus even the best growers out there can have bug, electric or who knows what else happen to mess up there crop, than everyone is screwed, and it is unavoidable at times, have you ever thought of a cabinet grow? dont cost alot and im sure you can do it, easy to mask the smell bro!

Peace to you and yours

Jim

Edit = mize contact you county fia, they give me 16 bucks in food stamps and they give me mi adult medical as my back up to my medicare, they also pay the 96 bucks for my medicare and I get it in my ssdi check, most are eligable, it does go by income though, and you are married im not, i just live with some one, so our situation is a lil different but the 100 bucks my county pays for my medicare sure comes in handy, and who ever thinks im screwing the state for getting what i legaly can, well you can stick it, I paid in and im getting it back! mize i been thinkin of getting some home health aid also, if you find out before me, please let me know what is available out there!

Edited by phaquetoo