Deep Water Culture

tye08

right on! ok ill do i did check out that link did u get it finished

it's pretty much done. I have a few more pic's to add. guess I could get on that today.

I have a couple more things I'd like to make a tutitoral on. my cloner, and especially my pre-veg cloner, need to be out there.

REALLY makes life easier!!

KEYS TO SUCCESS IN HYDRO:

#1) you need as much air as you can provide in the biggest stone you can fit in EVERY site

#2) you need a PPM and pH pen. keep the nutes at 1000 (learn Lucas) and the pH at 5.8 to 6.2

#3) any nutes WILL work, but I suggest, and use, DynaGro Bloom and MagPro. very good formula and stable pH (doesn't drift)

#4) more light is more better. I use 1000w's on movers. get light as close as you can w/o burning

#5) keep temps below 80 and humidity below 60

I think my plants grew 2" in the time it took to type this and my lights are still unplugged from the wind storm yesterday, thanks for reminding me!! lol

could i use a 25gal or higher tote for my rez???

It depends on how many site's you have. 5gal pail with 2 gal net pot is about 3 gal per site plus your control pail.

4 sites + control pail = 5 x 3 = 15 gal. Then add few extra gals for the pumps. So if the system requires 18 gal and the Rez was only 25 gals that's 7 gals for the girls. You would be topping off evey 2 -3 days probably more during late Veg and Bloom.

yeah i found a 50 gallon tote for like 18 at lowels a real strong 30 gallon for 25 i got the gray 5 gallon buckets 5 of them 4 for the plants 5th for the controller my limit is 12 but i like to stay light i can get way more than 2oz out of 1 plant i would just have to much finished product. so i guess now i need the tester an my rez, tube, fittings, an pumps an i really dont go out of town at the moment so time is no issue i have it all but that masterpice he made im sorta going off that it shouldnt be a problem if i take the time an do things right the first time

• 6 months later...

the 5 gal pots have 2 gallon net pots filled with hydroton. 5 gallon buckets stay 1/3 full. every 4 hours the 55 gal rez fills, then drains the 5 gal buckets back to 1/3 full.

this swaps out the nute solution, aerates and will last for 2+ weeks if needed. how many growers can go on vacation w/o worry??

under 8 ft. ceiling, at what height plants go to flower, 18 inches?

i have an under current system as well, no problems, i do take issue with the , i can go away for two weeks deal.. lol the plants i have at week 4 there using one gallon in 24hrs.. i run a 35 gallon rez,and a 8g controller tank, i must add at least every 15g every couple days or water levels drop down..i run just as good of yeilds, but going away for two weeks.. not likely to return to a single green plant.. just drops of water in a bucket.. if its still wet at all.. jmho and i have been running it for way over a year now.. Oh ya and in a few days of not monitoring it.. the ph will drop like a rock when there drinking and not feeding.. Take what you will from that .. it all depends on your system and how you work it. but they do waaay better than dirt, and yup its way cleaner.. and easier to dispose of waste water than a bunch of dirt.. spread out like crop circles in the yard.. lol

Edited by Willy

• 2 months later...

ok guys please help s o s ive been growing in dwc for a while got sum clones and droped them in had em 4 weeks and they seemed to stop growing well very slow the roots too also they have turned alil brown water temp has been 63 to 72 and room 63and 75 they were young so i left the water level a lil high can i use hydrogen peroxide to fix if so how much how long should i flush? never had this prob before only thing i did diff was r o water instead of tap left out over night please help

ok guys please help s o s ive been growing in dwc for a while got sum clones and droped them in had em 4 weeks and they seemed to stop growing well very slow the roots too also they have turned alil brown water temp has been 63 to 72 and room 63and 75 they were young so i left the water level a lil high can i use hydrogen peroxide to fix if so how much how long should i flush? never had this prob before only thing i did diff was r o water instead of tap left out over night please help

There has been a lot of that going on lately, even my grow had problems, and that is a first.

What is your PH and when was the last time you had your meter checked?

Where do you live (general area) and what is the PH and PPM (tds) of your source water?