Need Help With Compassion Clubs

Celliach

I would like to see the compassion clubs start back up because they can be a great source of infromation. I think that Celliach also believes this and that is why he is willing to help. I would like to see a compassion club started here in Montcalm county, but I can't start it but i would help as mich as I can. Tarzen I know you have had a rough time lately, but bringing this negitivity is not helping anyone or the movement. You might have gave up on the communtiy, but some of us think there is hope so we try to do what we can.

I have been involved in CC's since their inception, having founded the Brighton CC. We began all this with the idea that the MMMA would be assisting us and guiding us, but, with the MMMA growing so fast, they simply didn't have the manpower needed to be of much help. I soon realized that we were pretty much on our own so I went around the state and talked with other CC founders, saw how they were doing business and took the ideas that would work best in my area, discarded others. I saw some pretty impressive things being presented, but also saw others that I found troubling. I would suggest that you get a real good feel for how LEO and prosecutors from your area are approaching the whole Medical Cannabis idea, and work to stay within their tolerance levels, that way, you don't put your members in harms way. It is a shame and a sham that the whole state doesn't abide by the same set of rules in their workings with the community, but that is the way that it is, best of luck. I commend you for showing an interest in helping others... Peace ... j.b.

The whole point was to create a club that local LEO could come to and have no problems with. That's the way we set up the DCCC back in Jan. 2009. I don't know for a fact that LEO has come to our meetings, but there have been a few visitors over the years that never came to a second meeting, and were very suspicious when they were there.

We like to say that if LEO does show up, the worst thing that can happen is they'll get bored.......and on the other side, they might learn something.

Just Budz,

I had no understanding of the history or start of the cc clubs. For that great thumbnail, thank you.

Dr. Tarzan,

It's difficult to read what being an advocate has put you through. Like Joe says, 'This movement has warriors.'

Edited by pic book

I'm not going to be kind to someone that is just coming in here to destroy the work that I want to do. I understand he had problems. Instead of complaining and pointing out why it won't work he could instead help to resolve some of the problems that he had so they won't be repeated by others.

I have work to do and I'm not gonna slow down because someone else couldn't do the job, and I'm not going to let that person keep putting up roadblocks in my way because he's sour.

I'm not going to be kind to someone that is just coming in here to destroy the work that I want to do. I understand he had problems. Instead of complaining and pointing out why it won't work he could instead help to resolve some of the problems that he had so they won't be repeated by others.

I have work to do and I'm not gonna slow down because someone else couldn't do the job, and I'm not going to let that person keep putting up roadblocks in my way because he's sour.

Then ignore it without being insulting, you stooped lower by doing that, and carry on.

As far as I know, there is no written plan, per se...

We just tried to keep all of the members informed of local and national developments which might affect them. We always told every meeting that adherence to the law was tantamount, any variation from that law was inviting problems. In most cases that would be enough, but there are area's of the state where even strict adherence to the MMMA is not enough (i.e. Oakland County and others). As I stated before, get a feel for how your local LEO's and prosecutors view this and try to keep their concerns in mind as you proceed. Peace ... j.b.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see the compassion clubs start back up because they can be a great source of infromation. I think that Celliach also believes this and that is why he is willing to help. I would like to see a compassion club started here in Montcalm county, but I can't start it but i would help as mich as I can. Tarzen I know you have had a rough time lately, but bringing this negitivity is not helping anyone or the movement. You might have gave up on the communtiy, but some of us think there is hope so we try to do what we can.

We still have the Clare County Compassion Club, We hold meetings every other week at the Library n Clare,Michigan..I have helped start one n Osceola, Mt.Pleasant..I am currently looking to start one n Marion ,Michigan..I have a bunch interested..If i can find a meeting spot..P.S how do we get our club n the compassion club list here? http://clarecountycc.ning.com/events/clare-county-compassion-club-meeting

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Docrtors don't pay CCs at all as far as I know. Our CC has never made money off the doctor although we only had him come to the club once. Compassion Clubs aren't about making money, they are about helping patients. The DCCC is a registered non-profit and in the four years it's been around, i don't think we've ever had more than $150 in our treasury. Mostly we use the money for printing patient information booklets.

I think you might have the wrong idea of what a real compassion club is. It is NOT a place to transfer medicine. It is not a place to make money. It should exist as an information and support group.

They might not get paid today but last year when I was at the compassion clubs They all got a cut %

Yep, that was when we had the doctor come out, last year........and no we didn't make any money off of it. I'm not sure what CCs you were at, but ours did not charge the doctor. Who gets the $$$ if the CC charges a %? What is it used for? As I said above, the only thing we ever need cash for is printing costs and that's only about once a year. $150 usually covers it ans our members volunteerally pitch in the money as we don't charge any membership fees either.

Hmmm.. So you wish not to charge the Dr any Dr ? Hmmm.. that is no good. There comes a point where too nice is harmfull. I do not believe you charge nothing for that is pure ignorance and repulsive. It is one thing to give a homeless a buck but to give a football star a golden ring in makes no sense.

The more I hear the more I am happy I lined up at the starting line. Please tell me you are all joking! if you are not joking I have something to say.

Knock that crap off... why? 1 example is the world is a bigger place then printing paper. The $10 you do not take is just $10 weaker you are. You wish not to sell dope? You wish not to get paid for your raw materials then what do you ALLLLLL do to keep your lights on?

You are charging for free information and fellowship in your membership fees to keep lights on? I like the weak and unfortunate but when unfortunate is a re-action to ignorance they "get what they get".

You who do not charge the doctor do not think of your patients for if you did you could provide more then printed paper and information that was free to you if it was not acquired by hands-on that is.

If you are going tell me the line of a "compassion club is for information and fellowship" take a hike. I will not "jack the thread" but if I stay on topic knowledge will be mine and yours. I wll leave if you wish.

You would be better off charging the doctor a fee to use the building, then it's not doctor fee splitting, which can be illegal.

It is not my place to tell you what to do with your club. I will charge the Dr for my services much like a roofer would for his roof. Thank you for that information it will be and is currently usefull.

How much do you owners charge a DR for the use of your time and space? I have witnessed the secratery type of the CC doing the Dr.s work as am sure have many. It is all good this is not a trial just free information.

As for whitney something? no I will take my own path. I require freedom at its fullest. Took a minute to rethink losing that. We will be up and running by 4-20 at the latest.

Edited by hic