• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Kriya

Kriya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Any meetings in Lenawee County? The email listed is no longer active, so seems to be nobody running the show here... If any one can direct me in the right direction it would be vastly appreciated!

#142 GivingBack

GivingBack

• +CC-Southwest Wayne
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSoutheast MI

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sent you a PM

#143 jimmiej48

jimmiej48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Looking for a club near st joseph county...

#144 chuckwick1

chuckwick1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

How about the traverse city area i was a part of one in the beginning of the mmj law. I would like to help start a new one we need to network together 

#145 occclub

occclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWaterford, MI

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

I am founding member of Oakland County Compassion Club and I am struggling with the "where to host" the first public meeting.  I do not have a lot of funds to invest in hall rentals.  I guess what I am looking for is help in finding a cheap place in Oakland County to start on a temporary basis and as the membership grows then get an affordable more perminent facility to host member meeting and events.

I do plan to do this as per the MMMA Compassion Club Guidelines.  The online location of the club is http://OaklandCountyCompassionClub.ORG or http://occclub.org for short.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

PS I'm thinking to have the meeting on March 1st, 2014.

PSS please also ad me to the MMMS Local Compassion Club list

Edited by occclub, 23 January 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#146 Ms Chocolate

Ms Chocolate

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Don't tried to reinvent the wheel. There are/have been other clubs in Oakland county. Have you gone for help at your local library, this would be your best bet.

#147 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • LocationFascist Republik of Amerika
Contributor

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:29 PM

I appreciate any help you can offer.

I would remove this from your website for starters.

The club was recently renovated/expanded and is simply a wonderful place to safely sample and acquire cannabis products.  That's right, can even smoke herb there.

I know you're not referring to your own club, but you're just asking for trouble when Bouchard and Cooper see it.

#148 occclub

occclub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWaterford, MI

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I do not intend to do a club that meets in a library and hides from the public.  I plan to follow the MMMA Compassion Club Gidelines, but on a grander scale than most caregivers.  Firstly my public meeting will be an event with special guest speakers discussing medical marijuana issues, concerns, benefits etc.. Each of these public meetings will be marketed in public view, darn it, how else can one increase public awareness on important issues such as cannabis oils and cancer and epilepsy etc...  I digress sorry,  Public Awareness, that's what it's about.  As far as private member meetings, the library would probably surfice until a more suitable locations become available, as the private member meetings as I see it will not just be some caregivers and patients exchanging phone numbers.  I see the meetings as a fun place to go and socialize, learn and attend applicable workshops etc.  Being real quiet in a public library does not sound like a great way to socialize and grow a membership.  I don't work anymore due to my own disability.  I am a patient who lives in Oakland County.  I am optimistic that there's some big changes coming soon, I know what will work, nothing to do with "re-inventing the wheel".  I'm talking about improving upon the wheel, that has been done many times, they're still round, but much better right?  I am taking it to the next level, the word "club" as in private club needs addressed.  As I mentioned on my website, once Oakland County has evolved to accept a club such as the one in Flint, Oakland County Compassion Club will have already an established membership who would love to go to daily farmers markets and fun events.  Remember, many medical marijuana patients are eldery, or not well and with little activity in their lives.  I want to give these people a place to go and be with others with similar interests and again, have a little fun at the "club".  This is my dream for my remaining days...Not looking to get rich, have a lot of fun helping folks and keeping active and social.  I want to make a difference in the Michigan Medical Marijuana world.  I also aspire to help people with seriose health problems such as cancer.

Edited by occclub, 02 February 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#149 Ms Chocolate

Ms Chocolate

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I do not intend to do a club that meets in a library and hides from the public.  I plan to follow the MMMA Compassion Club Gidelines, but on a grander scale than most caregivers.  Firstly my public meeting will be an event with special guest speakers discussing medical marijuana issues, concerns, benefits etc.. Each of these public meetings will be marketed in public view, darn it, how else can one increase public awareness on important issues such as cannabis oils and cancer and epilepsy etc...  I digress sorry,  Public Awareness, that's what it's about.  As far as private member meetings, the library would probably surfice until a more suitable locations become available, as the private member meetings as I see it will not just be some caregivers and patients exchanging phone numbers.  I see the meetings as a fun place to go and socialize, learn and attend applicable workshops etc.  Being real quiet in a public library does not sound like a great way to socialize and grow a membership. 

I don't see how you could have a private meeting in a public library. Because it is funded by taxpayer money, the public library is the place for your public meeting. An open meeting at the library is what is suggested per the MMMA Compassion Club Guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users