Home Made Hydro

tye08

i am making my hydroponics/bubbleponics/flood an drain system im going off of Longhairbri's lab thread and doing my own thing my thoughts were how can i use my air pump when the cycle ends the water is gone!!! what do i do? i dont have it set up yet almost done ordering the parts. i did get the ebb an flow controller 5, 5 gallon buckets so i guess u can say its a flood an drain than ill add the air with the stones i didnt get his discs but the 6inch stones if ne one can help me out that would be totally cool thanks for reading

With LHB's system, the bucket only drains to 1/3 full. So there is always water for the bubbles to get to the roots. The feed cycle fills the buckets to the top for 15 minutes, then drains back to 1/3 full. Dig?

right on i was thinking there had to be some water still left in there lol but thanks for the info

• 3 months later...

This is a link to the best Bulletin Board on hydroponics.

My brother answers are in red.

Every question about hydroponics is asked and answered here.

No popups, no ads, just strait talk on hydro with professionals helping each other.

Every question that could pop into your head on hydroponics, is answered here.

This is no joke.

If you want to learn the from right solution mix to anything else.

I do not support this website, but they allow my brothers BB to stay because it so important in teaching hydroponics.

You can't ask any questions, but start reading and at the end of the 100 or so pages you will be an expert in hydroponics.

http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/qapages/bulletin_board.htm