#1 restlesslegs

restlesslegs

I'm Try'en

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • LocationNot close enough to the woods

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

One of the old ways of thinking is cannabis is a gateway drug leading to the more dangerous drugs. Here is a finding from an intense study that gave me some thought:

Although deemed “non-psychoactive,” CBD reduces anxiety by affecting the serotonin receptors. It also reduces cravings —for heroin, cocaine,
food, nicotine and other addictive substances.

#2 greenbuddha

greenbuddha

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationHimalayan mountains in my spare time.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Far too scientific for the 'pols' in Washington and Lansing to be able to understand.

And even those that 'might' understand it, will turn a blind eye to it.

#3 Estimated Prophet

Estimated Prophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationThe Lions Den

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Cigarettes and alcohol are the ultimate gateway drugs, probably followed by prescription narcotics.

99% of the people that I have known who smoke cannabis would never consider putting coke or heroin in their bodies.

#4 Mememe

Mememe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Milk is the ultimate gateway drug http://www.corepsych...drawal-is-real/

#5 Herb Cannabis

Herb Cannabis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • LocationDowntown Beautiful Central Michigan

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Cigarettes and alcohol are the ultimate gateway drugs, probably followed by prescription narcotics.

99% of the people that I have known who smoke cannabis would never consider putting coke or heroin in their bodies.

"99% of the people that I have known who smoke cannabis would never consider putting coke or heroin in their bodies." This is correct!

#6 restlesslegs

restlesslegs

I'm Try'en

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

Ironic isn't it that cannabis is a known med that can help addicts get off those drugs yet it is supposedly the destructive lead for the use of the highly addictive drugs.

#7 restlesslegs

restlesslegs

I'm Try'en

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

What do cigarettes lead to? I am a smoker so I must be going to use drugs? LOL I don't understand that statement. Nicotine is so highly addictive it is really hard to quit. I can not imagine what it leads to the use of.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users