Medical Marijuana Suppositories And Other Application Methods

http://www.newmexicann.org/usagetips/alternativestosmoking.html

Suppositories

Begin with medical marijuana flour. For maximum efficacy in suppository form, medical marijuana needs to be pulverized to dust. Suppository kits, beeswax and molds are available in health food stores and online.

Caution, beeswax is flammable. And hot wax is hot. The safest way to melt the beeswax is in a double boiler. If you must use a microwave use a low power setting, stop when the wax is half melted and then carefully stir to finish liquefying.

Once the beeswax has melted, gently stir in an equal measure of medical marijuana flour. The resulting mixture should then be molded into shape while still warm. Roll into cylinders or pour into a mold and when cool wrap and store suppositories in waxed paper. Suppositories should be kept in a separate, clearly marked container inside your refrigerator.

Medical marijuana suppositories are well suited for patients who are unable to eat or smoke medical marijuana

Medical Marijuana Flour

Marijuana can be cooked into any favorite recipe. However, most people do not care for the taste so it's important to choose recipes that will mask the flavor. Chocolate and tomato sauce are often used for that reason.

To prepare medical marijuana for cooking, the stems and seeds should be removed with a sifter or kitchen strainer and the resulting powder ground to a flour like consistency. Only grind as much as you will use at any one time as the cannabinoids will quickly degrade and be lost once the medical marijuana has been finely ground. Grinding does not make medical marijuana any more effective but it does make it more palatable. Save the stems to make cannabutter.

Add a cup or so of the medical marijuana flour to any recipe. Because of the great variability in cannabinoid ratios, potency and quality among the various cannabis strains, it will take some experimentation to determine the optimum amount of medical marijuana flour to add or portion size to consume.

Remember that it can take anywhere for one to three hours for eaten medical marijuana to deliver it's active ingredients to the bloodstream of the patient. Give the first portion time before consuming additional portions.

An excellent option for the novice medical marijuana cook is to use a pre-packaged brownie mix. Simply follow the directions on the box and add your medical marijuana to the batter. You may also wish to add an extra table spoon of margarine or oil and one eighth cup of water.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Do we have any members or visitors to the website who have experience in making or taking these types of suppositories?

2.) I know there will be a point in the future where my wife and/or myself will no longer be able to tolerate any pharmaceuticals whatsoever. And, I'm just wondering if this might be a serious option in terms of pain relief. Would it reach the blood stream quicker? Last longer?

All I know is that I would like to be in some sort of clinical trial in regards to the thread that AKenewell started about the new medical marijuana pills that are only available in California.

I am lucky in one respect; the hospital is just a few short minutes away from our home.

Also, thanks to Michael Komorn for the very cool t-shirt. We got it in the mail yesterday. Hope everyone has a good week.

Mizerman

Your anus is a blood vessel rich area so I would think a suppository would be effective. I have no experience with it though. Since it would not have to be digested and then processed by your liver as a medible would (with a 2-3 hr. delay for relief) I would guess it would take effect quickly, more like a sublingual tincture.