What's Up With The Locked Threads?

I just went though and looked at the posts of recent and I didn't see a reason not to lock them. They were off topic, and seemed as if they were handled by the end posts of most of them there was plenty of time to say no don't lock it most agreed for it to be closed?

The others that were closed were locked and left with directions to PM for contact info, as it should have been. No personal info on the forum board.

At what point in a discussion that is leading in a direction that isn't headed in a positive outcome would you suggest it be closed?

In this matter I saw it as directed at one member, and feel it had run its coarse and should be handled privately from there after. A public apology was given, should move forward from there...

I didn't lock them but My opinion they had run there coarse, no positive info was coming from them.

Trix

:bong2:

I often find it surprising, because so naive, when someone cries, "censureship!" applied in response to protecting a community from chaos makers.

Joe Walsh one said, "you can't argue (productively) with a sick mind."

No what some people will do, (very few, actually--but just one person of ill-will is enough to cause chaos), with that statement is to turn it into another occasion to cause havoc among the community. Chaos makers would rather not see my quote of Joe's observation for what it is, that is, respond to it in a way that actually is helpful for the larger community. One way you can spot people who are off kilter is to see what effect their behavior has on the larger community. Naive people overlook this crucial criteria of judgment. You see, what's best for the majority, for the whole group, is far more important to value than the supposed rights of any one individual person or their position. The MMMA just went through this exact disaster.

The following evaluation of the situation completely misses the damage being done to the larger community by the person involved.

"Just because they don't personally agree with the way the thread is headed is no reason to lock a thread."

No, when unhealthy conflict occurs, it is not a personal issue between the mod and a poster! Rater, IT IS AN ISSUE BETWEEN THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY AND A POSTER, WITH THE MOD WORKING ON BEHALF OF AND REPRESENTING THE LARGER COMMUNITY.

It's astonishing to me that some people are so naive about the animalistic penchant for violence humans will use to further their personal, rather than group, cause or agenda.

People of good-will will see that statement in light of the fact that there are all kinds of violence, not just physical.

In other words, there is not nearly enough censorship of chaos makers on the MMMA site.

Kurt

Freedom of speech.That is til theres a lock down.Seems people havnt learned from the last regime. Im not here to pick sides.I do know the concept of divide and conquer. Gets to the point you dont know who to trust. Is this guy into it for greed or the patients needs seen so many fall to the greed thing power trip thing

I thought PB's info was highly progressive in the Marijuana Use During Pregnancy thread.

Repetitive ad nausium. As always. Burying almost every nugget of helpful information for the sake of what? Do you play the broken record all day or do you take it off after a minute or two? A little tap of the turntable never works.

I wanted to put a reply in a thread where a man was saying he missed going to his compassion club and Dr bob was telling everyone how bad the compassion club is.. even tho we all know better.. And then the thread was locked.. I may put some of the post dr bob wrote about micheal kormorn in here if that is ok? and the ones talking about his axes hanging over the MMMA Throat..

I wanted to put a reply in a thread where a man was saying he missed going to his compassion club and Dr bob was telling everyone how bad the compassion club is.. even tho we all know better.. And then the thread was locked.. I may put some of the post dr bob wrote about micheal kormorn in here if that is ok? and the ones talking about his axes hanging over the MMMA Throat..

Those comments posted on a public board that Dr. Bob was talking about were bad. You just can't be like that if you run a club. You can't flail around in public. Our doctors shouldn't be doing that either. And our members shouldn't make it worse by digging up things that cause the fighting to keep going on forever.

Those comments posted on a public board that Dr. Bob was talking about were bad. You just can't be like that if you run a club. You can't flail around in public. Our doctors shouldn't be doing that either. And our members shouldn't make it worse by digging up things that cause the fighting to keep going on forever.

What comment.. a person called dr a name..?? i see him namecalling all the time.. why is it allowed for him? I simply told him i would not debate..

So please my friend Resto.. tell me the comment that deserved to be an example of how freeeking bad my 3.5 yr old club is.. Mayor is not a bad person and hes not mentally ill and neither am i.. soooo yeah if anyone wants to jump on that train go ahead.. we wont let you stop us from being a club.. unless it gets outlawed..

Do we not have enough of the individual vendettas on display here already?

Seriously, I will not have the Mayor/Dr. Bob craziness dragged in here and put on display any more than it already has been.

its not enough if its jusst one person throwing out a bunch of slander.. and thats what it is so far.. I just thought .. whats good for the gander.. is good for the goose.. Ya know..