Controversial Technique Increases Marijuana Yields... But At What Cost?

Are his results due to stripping leaves or that screen he has?

What screen?

Thanks Mi brains, gonna put a few up today from first day to almost last, I was gonna crop it but trics are not quite there yet so you may see them babys become nice lil popcorn buds.

Peace

Jim

Here is a Larry.I removed almost all of the fan leaves and can tell the lowest buds have begun to harden.if I had known. Was going to do this I Wld have left more of the lower growth.I also went thru the rest of the plants and litterly filled up a shop vacation with leaves.the amount of undergrowth that's now getting good light is amazing..I had no idea there was that many good bud sites covered in the garden.this is week 7 almost week 8.

I spoke to soon today is crop day!

100_1175.jpg

This is pretty much how i got it from c.g, it was a mother plant

below is when I had some problems, I took it outside and put almost 20 gal of r.o thru her, my ph was like -1 and ppm was 3500, after flush it came back down to 1200ppm and 5ph

100_1196.jpg

below now mostly defoiled between wk 7 & 8

100_1271.jpg

below now completely defoiled on 6-18-12

100_1272.jpg

6-23-12

100_1319.jpg

6-25-12

2012-25-6.jpg

and today crop day 6-29-12

6-29-4.jpg

one more on crop day

2012-25-6.jpg

ok time to hang it!

I have no regrets!

Peace

Jim

edit = done

1stcrop6-292.jpg

Edited by phaquetoo

Thanks phaq I will be interested in knowing the actual yield. good work!

in about a week we shall know, I will post the yeild! Thank you, I did try it already lol! how come I do that? so far so good, be nice once it is cured,, I did put a lil in my vape and slider bong! does the job, and im sure i can make it taiste a lil mellower!

I'm probably confused but I was referring to the scrog I saw in the opening post. I assumed it was an example of keef treez' technique.

Sorry! yep good info from the O.P, I thought you were talking about my camera or computer or the way i was taking pics! all good!

As you see in the pics I put up, I had some ph and ppm issues with this plant like within a wk of recieving it from my c.g, Im not vegging at this time. so I get my plants ready for bud from my c.g(yea it is nice) Im sure he is happy I finaly got one to finish, this plant is most def stunted and had nothing to lose by defoiling her, I have always cut alot of leafs off or defoiled in the past, I dont think it makes all that much difference, but if your only cropping one plant at a time, it is worth doing, instead of putting them lil bottom budds with the sugar leafs, I will take my time and trim them, when your cropping 10 or more, well you know how it goes,(me too i used to get all the so called waiste from c.g, it was always worth picking thru for me) most just let the lil budds go with the sugar leafs, not here, the leaf is plenty good enough for bho!

Peace

Jim

If you can save those leaves and use them , cured they will make a wonderful green tea that can be consumed without anyone the wiser . It looks like regular ice tea and if the leaves were cured properly smells like regular green tea . If you have a tea pot with a very fine screen built in and pour through another fine screener it will help plus you can crumble the leaves into shake before brewing and when your done just spread the wet mess over the back lawn nature will take care of the rest . Before this law I would of never thought of using $100 worth of shake at street prices to make tea but its so good and helps arthritus and fibromylagia stiffness . Head stays clear too once in a while a "strong " batch might give you a slight elevated feeling of euphoria which is better then being distracted by the suffering relieved .

Edited by Croppled1

in about a week we shall know, I will post the yeild! Thank you, I did try it already lol! how come I do that? so far so good, be nice once it is cured,, I did put a lil in my vape and slider bong! does the job, and im sure i can make it taiste a lil mellower!

Sorry! yep good info from the O.P, I thought you were talking about my camera or computer or the way i was taking pics! all good!

As you see in the pics I put up, I had some ph and ppm issues with this plant like within a wk of recieving it from my c.g, Im not vegging at this time. so I get my plants ready for bud from my c.g(yea it is nice) Im sure he is happy I finaly got one to finish, this plant is most def stunted and had nothing to lose by defoiling her, I have always cut alot of leafs off or defoiled in the past, I dont think it makes all that much difference, but if your only cropping one plant at a time, it is worth doing, instead of putting them lil bottom budds with the sugar leafs, I will take my time and trim them, when your cropping 10 or more, well you know how it goes,(me too i used to get all the so called waiste from c.g, it was always worth picking thru for me) most just let the lil budds go with the sugar leafs, not here, the leaf is plenty good enough for bho!

Peace

Jim

I doubt your crop is any good at all since you tend to exaggerate. In order to set things right send me a couple of lbs and I will test it for you! I just want to help! :devil:

I doubt your crop is any good at all since you tend to exaggerate. In order to set things right send me a couple of lbs and I will test it for you! I just want to help! :devil:

well you can doubt all you want! but I know its good, I just wish I didnt have the issues I had, had i not defoiled her, I prob wouldnt of did as good as i did, I got a lil over 3 zips, if my c.g would have kept it and finished it off, no doubt it would have yeilded double, Im back on that fricking learning curve, yep got 3 zips, picked at the right time so it is very good, the cola's stunted/shocked on me because of the things i put her thru, and no not the leave removal, i had some major issues and my colas pretty much stopped filling in on me, it was getting new growth but the tric's said time to pick so I listened, and im glad, now i have to get used to this stuff, i take a few drags and couch lock, nope not saying because im such i great grower, i wish, if that was the case id be sitting on 6 zips right now, and not all the leafs i have for oil!

sorry dont have enough to send ya any, but if your in the area, I love guinnee pigs, I have plenty to do experiments on you, id love to watch ya get all messed up, lol!

Peace

Jim

p.s yes i dried it in the tent, it is in bags now and when i jar it I will post a pic!

well you can doubt all you want! but I know its good, I just wish I didnt have the issues I had, had i not defoiled her, I prob wouldnt of did as good as i did, I got a lil over 3 zips, if my c.g would have kept it and finished it off, no doubt it would have yeilded double, Im back on that fricking learning curve, yep got 3 zips, picked at the right time so it is very good, the cola's stunted/shocked on me because of the things i put her thru, and no not the leave removal, i had some major issues and my colas pretty much stopped filling in on me, it was getting new growth but the tric's said time to pick so I listened, and im glad, now i have to get used to this stuff, i take a few drags and couch lock, nope not saying because im such i great grower, i wish, if that was the case id be sitting on 6 zips right now, and not all the leafs i have for oil!

sorry dont have enough to send ya any, but if your in the area, I love guinnee pigs, I have plenty to do experiments on you, id love to watch ya get all messed up, lol!

Peace

Jim

p.s yes i dried it in the tent, it is in bags now and when i jar it I will post a pic!

I too am trying this out and I have seen the development of lower buds and an increase in budsites. I am "twisting" the stems to encourage that.

ok I wound up with 3 oz's It is realy potent, and no i do not feel the need to test it, as I already tested it on a few other pt,s and they wish i had more!

raspberrycoughstcrop.jpg

Ok last pic of this plant, next one is on its way here!

Peace

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. So I did this to two strains.Larry og and kushberry.The Larry og didn't seem to respond to it. And in fact my yield may have suffered a bit, but the kushberry results are amazing.I forgot to snap sum picks before lights out a few mins ago but I will get sum tonight.The yield on the kushbeerys I deliefed looks to be 2 to 3 times that of the one I didn't.u will see tonight.

I have been trying this method for over a month now, I see some strains work a bit, but I found over all stress related growth, almost like the plants went back to veg. you know the look. I'm finding as well I lost a week or more of growtime, they take a while to catch up, not like the overnigh to 3 days he show. Im still not sold. I would take pics but my camera died, and I can't afford another one for a bit..

saw this topic awhile ago, tried it out on a particular strain and I must say, although it goes against everything I thought I knew, I now need bamboo to hold it up; It's nearly finished, and I like the results so far, I'll be taking her down within a week and so far, I can't complain, it sure didn't hurt it any (skywlkr og)

Ok I'm having issues uploading the pic.site wont let me create an album and the file is to big to post in reply.its probably because I'm on my phone.no PC. Help? The difference is amazing..2 out 3 plants the buds dwarf the control plant.(3rd plant)

i use photo bucket, and it dont matter the size, i click the image icon above and put the direct link into the box that pops up and it will load imediatly!

hope that helps

Peace

Jim

• 10 months later...

Early in the Michigans MMJ Law, I followed the Defoliation threads on the other Forums.  I didnt participate much in the conversations, but took Note, because if you MENTIONED romoving Leaf, you were called a Moron by the "Experienced Growers". 

But shortly after switching to Jack's Proffesional Hydroponics + CalcNit, I found myself trying to find ways to LIMIT plant growth because Veg Time became too long with such Vigorous growth.  I have spent a few years Experimenting with Defoliation at Every stage of Growth combined with Most other forms of Training. 

I think the Main reason people dont TRUST this technique and/or MIS-JUDGE its effectiveness, is Because Defoliation responds DIFFERENTLY, Depending on the percentage of Defoliation AND ALSO the stage of Growth the plant is in at the Time (and of course, its Health).

EVEN THOUGH I am a HUGE FAN of Defoliation, PLEASE DONT PLUCK ME!  Hehehe

This Recent Harvested Plant WAS Defoliated CONTINUOUSLY through Veg and 12/12 (Extrememly).  The Result was Mature Budz from Top to Bottom, weighting in at 8.6 Ounces at about 36 inches in Diameter (Height and Width).  She was grown in a DIY Waterfarm using Turface as the Medium.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/gallery/sizes/16375-20120308/medium/

(Sorry, dont know how to post as a pic here!)

Experience has PROVEN to ME that Budz in the Light, perform BETTER!

There are MANY Ways that Defoliation can Change your Grow.  It helps to Lower transpiration thus lowering your Humidity, Increases Airflow through the area, increased reflection of Light, can stall or limit stretch, less shading to other plants, making MORE room for Bigger or More Plants to INCREASE Light TO Budz ratios, and more!

I have also had Great results in Veg by cutting the Leaves in Half to get similar Results without much stall. 

Defoliation is GREAT TOOL to have in your Bag of Tricks!

Peace and LOVE to ALL!  past-present-future

Ive been doing this for a while as well. All through out the life cycle of the plant. No complaints. It makes more of the buds denser without a doubt. I don't see large yield gains just more denser nugs throughout the plant. Really helps cut down on stretch if you already have enough bud sites. It has caused one of my strains to nanner if I take to many leaves off of it though. I believe it also helps make the plants less of a target for pests that like to congregate on fan leaves.