M3 Soil

tye08

well hello everyone im back with more questions... well i decided to stay with dirt instead of hydro/bubble well i found M3 soil has anyone used it does it work well???? im trying to go all organic. with the water im filtering it with a pur water filter that hooks up to the kitchen faucet is that ok or does it take to much out of the water no sense for a big water filtration system that gives me less water for instance if i pay for 100 gallons i want 100 gallons. so what do all u people think??? thanks for reading.

well hello everyone im back with more questions... well i decided to stay with dirt instead of hydro/bubble well i found M3 soil has anyone used it does it work well???? im trying to go all organic. with the water im filtering it with a pur water filter that hooks up to the kitchen faucet is that ok or does it take to much out of the water no sense for a big water filtration system that gives me less water for instance if i pay for 100 gallons i want 100 gallons. so what do all u people think??? thanks for reading.

Here is 3 soil mixes that I have used with good results....... http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanagrowers.net/index.php?/topic/162-organic-soil-mixes/

You did not mention your water source but in general most water works with most soil mixes. And soil is more forgiving than hydro. If your (city) water has chorine it can be nuetrilized with a small amount of organic material, dirt, ewc or whatever, it is easy to fix. Even sunlight will work. If the ph is terrible there are some easy fixes for that too depending on how bad and what the problem is.......shredder

Edited by Shredder

icon_topic_latest.gif K.I.S.S. Method

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple stupid.

Don't let yourself get all confused by the million people telling you a million different ways to do something with this or that or the other while you should be doing this that way or wtvr. Step back and realize it is all a headache of crap.

Make this as easy on yourself as possible.

A simple overview of the basics you will need.

Needed:

1 400W Metal Halide

1 1000w High Pressure Sodium

Couple bales of Pro-Mix, Fafard growing mix, Sunshine Mix.(feed stores, home depot, Greenhouses)

Bag of Perlite(optional)

Box of Blood Meal(wal mart)

Box of Bone meal(walmart)

Box of Kelp Meal(local,online)

Bag of Epsom Salt(standard)

Bag of Dolomite Lime(feed store)

Bag of Worm Castings(local,online)

Soluble Seawed extract(optional)

Mychorrizal Fungi-Plant Success(optional)

Rare Earth(optional)

1 can of Guinness beer(optional to drink or use in mix)

9- 5 gallon buckets(flowering plant pots)

6- 2 gallon buckets(vegetative plant pots)

Sleeve of plastic beer cups(cloning)

rooting hormone(powder,gel;walmart/online)

2 fans

That should do it for a basic grow. it would cost about 6-700 bucks i am guessing. Possibly cheaper depending on Lights.

For seeds: soak seeds for 24 hours in a beer cup to soften shells.

Place seed in beer cup of pure pro mix. Sprout.

Mix potting soil.

Basic recipe: Full bale(3.8 cuft) Pro mix is 2.0 cuft sometimes. Adjust accordingly.

6 cups Bone Meal

4 cups Blood Meal

4 cups kelp meal

3 cups Dolomite Lime

1 1/2 cups Epsom salt

1 small bag Worm Castings

1 bag Perlite(optional)

6 tbsp. Plant Success Granular(optional)

3 tbsp Soluble Seaweed extract(optional)

3 tbsp Rare Earth(optional)

1 can of guinness beer(drink or add to soil)

Now, for ease, mix a half bale at a time. Get the nice 50 gallon contractor black garbage bags. Add all ingredients into bag. Tie closed and roll and roll and mix well. Open bag. Wet down soil well.

Same goes for flowering pots when needed.

All you have to do is water and all your work is done. You 'can' PH your water to 7.0 neutral, but isn't a must.

Water. Watch grow. Repot. Done.

Keep it Simple Stupid.

Of course there are a couple other things to know, but that is a basic setup that can harvest 1 plant a week at 1-4 oz a piece depending.

Retail Locator for Pro Mix Find button( sometimes it isn't there. *shrug*)

http://www.premierhort.com/eProMix/Gard ... dening.htm

Sunshine Mix Retail Locator

http://www.sungro.com/retail_locator.php

Retail Locator Fafard Growing Mix

http://www.fafard.com/?p=7

It is like cooking a 2 minute egg but you are cooking an 8 week plant. This is my recipe on how to cook your 8 week plant. icon_e_smile.gif

This is a basic mix. Some strains; they are all different; may need a little boost of a Nitrogen fertilizer( i recommend bat guano) once or twice during growth because they wants it, and maybe need a little Phosphorous boost( i recommend bat guano) once or twice at the start of flowering. Thats it.

Also, If your growing the same strain, you can 'tune' in the mix to that strain by maybe adding a little more/less of certain ingredients.

Like i said, this is a straight forward BASIC mix. Theres all sorts of little tweaks, alterations and adjustments that can be done. But i wholly recommend this method for beginners. icon_e_smile.gif

Also, I have a 400W MH and 1000W HPS listed.

Those can be adjusted down to your lighting needs for what ya plan to do. I assume MOST people will not be using 2 Oz's a week, and can utilize smallewr lights. Everything works the same way though. Smaller pots may be needed.

Generally, you can figure for your veg room and flower room, you need about 1/3 the wattage in your Veg room as to the flower room.

Such as:

150W MH- veg

400W HPS- flower

or something in that range. icon_e_smile.gif

The Soluble seaweed extract is something nice to have. It covers those few micronutrients that commonly get overlooked. Here is a link to what i refer to. Prolly find it cheaper somewhere else, just happened to be the first store i hit on google search.

http://www.wormsway.com/detail.aspx?sku=SSE400&AC=1

Product Description

The Norwegian kelp used in our 100 percent organic Soluble Seaweed Extract is celebrated as a highly effective natural plant fertilizer that enhances seed germination, promotes healthy root development, increases disease resistance, and accelerates shoot and stem development. Soluble Seaweed Extract (1-1-16) is made from Norwegian kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) harvested from the Atlantic Ocean in eastern Canada and provides over 60 assorted chelated nutrients and growth enhancers, including an extra potassium boost for plant metabolism. Won't clog drip emitter lines and is a great supplement for use in hydroponic systems, soil gardening or as a foliar spray

I have used the KISS method and it works exceptionally well. I added Liquid Karma and Great White to my water as directed on package and this seemed to kick it up a notch. I also added more Dolomite lime than called for (an extra cup) because my mixture was going way too acidic after sitting for a few weeks. I would also supplement with "grow" nutes once or twice - lightly - and "flower" nutes likewise.

Edited by Chauncy Gardner

• 1 year later...

I have used this soil in the past and had very good results with it.  My plants were quite lovely.  But I also need things as simple as possible when it comes to mixing.  Due to a painful condition in my hands, the less lifting and pouring I need to do, the better.  I went to a cheaper brand when my son was home to help, but now that he is back and college and there is only me, I have just returned to M3 mix.  Hopefully I will again have good results.   Oops.  sorry  Old thread. I was just doing a search to see what others have thought about this mix.

Edited by Sampia