Bipolar And Clinical Depression Mmj? Docs Or Psychiatrists In Eastern Mid Michigan

I have been diagnosed with bipolar I and was wondering if doctors ever prescribe mmj as an

alternative TX (treatment) for mood stabilization. Also was curious about the same question in regardto clinical depression. Soon I will be on disability and I am seeking alt TX for my illness as conventional medications carry a myriad of side effects and health risks. I have been on several medications both mood stabilizers and antipsychotics and all I seem to get is bad reactions physical and psychological. Are there any family doctors or psychiatrists in eastern mid michigan who are willing and considerate of mmj as a viable TX option? I also have chronic pain from an extensive knee surgery ten years ago. Though I am unable to obtain the medical records there is an eight inch scar to validate my claims. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is my hope to make mmj a part of my TX plan someday soon.

Bipolar disorder is not currently recognized for the MMMP. Now having said that, I have used MJ for all of my adult life to battle depression, it works most of the time! You may be able to get your psychiatrist to include a note in your records that MJ could benefit you and maybe that would help you out on a section 8 defense.

I have put together a bit of information pertaining to this subject and plan on submitting it to the board to add new conditions to the list if/when it is created. I realize that it is all anecdotal evidence, but since our government refuses to study it, anecdotal is all we have. Other mmj states do recognize depression as a qualifying condition.

Good luck to you, I hope you find the help that you need.

First things first. Not all mmj is the same. Sorta obvious right? For bipolar disorder/schizophrenia there have been a least one recent study that showed that HIGH CBD actually improved the mental state of those so afflicted. I have BP 2 and I have found true high cbd mmj to be desirable. At least for me it reduces anxiety, improves concentration, puts me in a better mood. The problem is that there seems to be a tendency for those who are used to the type of mmj you miscreants ( you know who you are!) either grow or get from your caregiver to find it inadequate because cbd does not get us high and it works against the affects of thc. I had a person trade me a jar of high cbd for an equal amount of indica dominent mmj. The problem he had was that his patinets did not find it "stoney" enough. This was Jamaican Redbud with a test 60/40 ratio of cbd to thc. But I find z few puffs is enough to positivly affect me. Hopefully you would find benefit from something like that.

You really need to be carefull with high thc mmj. You should get a trusted friend who sees you daily to judge your behavior when you do so you can then judge based on their observations , not yours, whether you should smoke high thc mmj. I have a relative who has a certain serious mental illness where mj was what caused the onset of debillitating attacks. You need to be aware of that potential in yourself and try to make sure it is good for you. It is not good to try to do this yourself because your very affliction might be influencing your conclusions. As an example if my wife has an opinon about my behavior I tend to give it credance. I might be slightly manic talkative and creative as hell, yet commit some sort of social inappropriatness and not realize it. Same idea.

So you need to test some verified high cbd mmj and see how it affects you outwardly as you interact with the world and how you feel about it.

You cannot use bipolar disorder or depression as currently a reason for patient status in MI, as far as I know. The doctor situation is a bit tough you need to build up some sort of records surrounding that accident. Although if you see a doctor and tell him whats up with your knee , he or she might be sympathetic. I cannot say this from experiance but I do believe a doctor could examine you and possibly signoff on your papers. They really prefer cases with good documentation because it probably gets them off the hook if they were accused of doing something wrong. Best of luck to you.

Edited by mrd

I have been diagnosed with bipolar I and was wondering if doctors ever prescribe mmj as an

alternative TX (treatment) for mood stabilization. Also was curious about the same question in regardto clinical depression. Soon I will be on disability and I am seeking alt TX for my illness as conventional medications carry a myriad of side effects and health risks. I have been on several medications both mood stabilizers and antipsychotics and all I seem to get is bad reactions physical and psychological. Are there any family doctors or psychiatrists in eastern mid michigan who are willing and considerate of mmj as a viable TX option? I also have chronic pain from an extensive knee surgery ten years ago. Though I am unable to obtain the medical records there is an eight inch scar to validate my claims. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is my hope to make mmj a part of my TX plan someday soon.

You conditions might not get you a card..BUT the side affects of the meds you take could..Look on the sheet where they ask which illness you have..I think it is the last one..And this covers the side affects of your meds..(

 Cancer  Glaucoma  HIV or AIDS Positive

 Hepatitis C

 Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

 Crohn’s Disease

 Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease

 Nail Patella

OR a medical condition or treatment that produces, for this patient, one or more of the following and which, in the physician’s professional opinion, may be alleviated by the medical use of medical marihuana.

 Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome

 Severe and Chronic Pain ) there where it says : a medical condition or treatment that produces..With that being said..If your meds give you headaches, nausea..you could qualify.

You conditions might not get you a card..BUT the side affects of the meds you take could..Look on the sheet where they ask which illness you have..I think it is the last one..And this covers the side affects of your meds..(

 Cancer  Glaucoma  HIV or AIDS Positive

 Hepatitis C

 Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis

 Crohn’s Disease

 Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease

 Nail Patella

OR a medical condition or treatment that produces, for this patient, one or more of the following and which, in the physician’s professional opinion, may be alleviated by the medical use of medical marihuana.

 Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome

 Severe and Chronic Pain ) there where it says : a medical condition or treatment that produces..With that being said..If your meds give you headaches, nausea..you could qualify.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/page/articles/community/downloads