Michigan Medical Marihuana Review Panel

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Medical_Marihuana_Review_Panel_2012_Public_Meeting_Notice_401831_7.pdf

STATE OF MICHIGAN

RICK SNYDER

GOVERNOR

DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS

BUREAU OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS

RAE RAMSDELL

DIRECTOR

STEVEN H. HILFINGER

DIRECTOR

LARA is an equal opportunity employer.

Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.

611 W. OTTAWA ST. P.O. BOX 30670 LANSING, MICHIGAN 48909

www.michigan.gov/healthlicense (517) 335-0918

Michigan Medical Marihuana Review Panel

(517) 335-6557

PUBLIC NOTICE

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Review Panel will meet in regular session for 2012 as listed below:

DAY DATE TIME LOCATION

Friday 12/14/2012 1:00 PM Library of Michigan

Auditorium

Library of Michigan Auditorium

702 West Kalamazoo

Lansing, MI 48933

All Bureau meetings and hearings are conducted in compliance with the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act. Meetings and hearings are held in a building that accommodates mobility-impaired individuals and accessible parking is available. A disabled individual requiring additional accommodation, for effective participation in a Bureau activity, should call Deb Ingraham at (517) 335-6557 to make the necessary arrangements. To ensure availability of the accommodation, please call at least one week in advance.

Dated: October 16, 2012

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

petitions for the panel anyone?

http://www.michigan....12_400189_7.pdf

fill it out and get PTSD listed !!!!!

one problem per petition please.

MICHAEL A. STELLINI, M.D., M.S.

2009-Present - Member, Michigan Medical Marihuana review panel

http://generalmedici...ellini_-_cv.pdf

michael did a video talk about marijuana back in 2010

you can view it here, Medical Marijuana: A Joint Discussion of Legal & Clinical Issues:

http://www.med.wayne.edu/news_media/streamingmedia/somevents/Grand-Rounds_pages/Internal_Medicine.asp

the panel was created in 2009 but this is the first meeting???

maybe someone should call michael and ask him who else is on the panel, or call lara.

will post more info as i find it.

Edited by t-pain

old minutes, random stuff found while googling:

There are three new marihuana entities associated with the distribution of medical

marihuana that have opened up in the Mid-Michigan area. The department has no

authority to regulate these entities. An investigator can go into the business and

complete a fact-finding visit, but has no authority to conduct a formal investigation. The

department is meeting with the Attorney General’s office to discuss physicians who are

signing certifications without having a bona fide relationship with the patients.

It was also noted that there is a bill in the Senate that includes two proposed changes:

1) changing medical marihuana from a schedule 1 controlled substance to a schedule 2

which would allow marihuana to be prescribed by a physician and dispensed by a

pharmacy; and 2) allows 10 regulated growing facilities in the state of Michigan.

The review panel for the Medical Marihuana Program consists of seven ACPSM

members, physicians, advocacy groups or physicians who support the use of

marihuana for the treatment of pain. Dr. Greg Holzman, Chief Medical Executive for the

Michigan Department of Community Health, will be the Chairperson, and Rae Ramsdell

will staff the panel.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/ACPSMminutesAPRIL29_2010_352184_7.pdf

interesting article from last year.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/michigan_must_give_records_in.html

I would recommend being organized, thorough, scientific, information packed and extensively documented.

People shouldn;t just haphazard these petitions.

Contact me if you want to put together small groups to specialize in specific conditions and pool research and resources to submit the most top notch petitions.

This must be done.

I have about 1200 cannabinoid/endocannaboid peer-reviewed journal articles archived. Tell me the condition and I will come back with a list of articles/url links. I've basically been creating the archive for this very purpose or in case someone I know with a condition ended up in court. I rarely login as I am very very busy so I prefer to work through this thread or another more specific thread if you choose, and will keep my posts to a minimum by editing condition-specific posts with addendum material instead of generating new posts.

Edited by mpp

I have about 1200 cannabinoid/endocannaboid peer-reviewed journal articles archived. Tell me the condition and I will come back with a list of articles/url links. I've basically been creating the archive for this very purpose or in case someone I know with a condition ended up in court. I rarely login as I am very very busy so I prefer to work through this thread or another more specific thread if you choose, and will keep my posts to a minimum by editing condition-specific posts with addendum material instead of generating new posts.

Thanks for all the work you have done for us all

IMHO adding new conditions has been on my list and the MMMA for a long time

We just think that it's putting the cart be for the horse

Because you still can't use any thing in Court

so whats the plan ?

submit a petition for every known ailment that can be helped by marijuana?

otherwise they wont add new ailments because 'they didnt get a petition for that ailment' ?

start with other states allowed ailments? start with ptsd? anxiety? insomnia?

anxiety I think that would cover the hole State

and then you could ask for more plants because if you get raided and like us completely Legal you may have a good case as to why you had over 12

california allows medical marijuana for anything that marijuana alleviates.

maybe we should just focus on that?

why add one or two or three or three dozen stupidly specific diseases when it would be simpler to add a catch-all?

i'd hate to focus attention on ptsd, anxiety, insomnia etc when theres some oddly specific medical condition that we forgot or overlooked , thus depriving those patients relief.

Definitions:

a (3) Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the department, as provided for in section 5(a).

sec 5a:

the department shall consider the addition of medical conditions or treatments to the list of debilitating medical conditions set forth in section 3(a) of this act.

would also save time, money and resources for LARA and petition process, hearing process, court challenges, etc.

michael did a video talk about marijuana back in 2010

you can view it here, Medical Marijuana: A Joint Discussion of Legal & Clinical Issues:

http://www.med.wayne...al_Medicine.asp

wow, watching that video now. michael was a member of the panel since 2009/2010.

the panel was created within 60 days like the law says. i think.

at 14:00 minutes into the video, he says:

the panel had recieved these petitions:

depression

bi-polar disorder

other mental illness

all hospital admissions

all patients in hospice

tourettes

the petitions were returned to the petitioners with a request to resubmit with evidence of efficacy.

none returned yet (as of the video in 2010)

no new conditions approved.

so please when creating your petitions, give evidence of efficacy.

obviously , the form they have created adresses these issues, but its worth repeating.

Edited by t-pain

wow, watching that video now. michael was a member of the panel since 2009/2010.

the panel was created within 60 days like the law says. i think.

at 14:00 minutes into the video, he says:

the panel had recieved these petitions:

depression

bi-polar disorder

other mental illness

all hospital admissions

all patients in hospice

tourettes

the petitions were returned to the petitioners with a request to resubmit with evidence of efficacy.

none returned yet (as of the video in 2010)

no new conditions approved.

so please when creating your petitions, give evidence of efficacy.

obviously , the form they have created adresses these issues, but its worth repeating.

I think you might have your panels confused.