#41 Herb Cannabis

Herb Cannabis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationDowntown Beautiful Central Michigan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I hear that, them same stoners are the ones that go protest for mm at the capital, do we realy want them with us? I was a member of minorml and I dont have any probs with them, but they have said and still do say they are not here for mm pt's they are here for all out use, not just for mm, they have gone so far as to say dont go to this protest or that protest, it isnt for all out legalization, its only for mm pt's/ c.g's! but they show up anyhow in there tie died t-shirts and blunts and make us all look bad! wow that seems like a good plan! NOT!!!

Allowing hemp to be grown by farmers for fuel, rope, clothes, canvas, paper, it would be a boom, it is not for meds, it is for things that all peole wear or use every day, and you cant get high from writing on the paper, or wearing the clothes or using the fuel, it has nothing to do with smoking or medicating, it is a great way to save our farmers, save our trees, hemp can be a cash cow for this state!

Peace
Jim

Trust me, MINORML is here for the MMJ community, I'm a case in point!

#42 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Pay attention. I was talking about the SUPREME COURT JUSTICES. We already won the biggest prize in politics and you can't even see it. They are the gift that keeps on giving for longer than anything else you can ever politically accomplish in this country. You want to gloss right over the most important thing that has happened FOR cannabis in your lifetime.

We elected the lessor of two evils.

SC judges friendly toward us? Have there been any appointed and are there going to be some more to be appointed?

Mal seems to disagree in that he believes courts are the wrong focus.

#43 CaveatLector

CaveatLector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Baaaaaaaaaaa ba baaaaaaaaaaa.

you see that is why you folks will fail.

you continue to play the losing hand they dealt you. Until those of you stuck in lala land can get past your shallow hangups of being right, or getting paid, or being the hero, you will continue to Fail. If you refuse to change your approach, how in the hellios can you expect a different outcome.

yes Cell everyones bottom line is still SHOW ME THE MONEY. which is why that shallow mindset is a gaurenteed failure.
until you sheeple can come to grips with there is more to this then YOU, you are doomed to repeat the failures of the past.

Wow you've got all the answers. Maybe you could wipes the arses of us sheeple and then lead us to the promised land.

#44 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

And honestly, what do Judges have to do with it? Judges rule ont he law and cannabis is illegal. Period.

Ahh .. I assume you would agree that "not accepted in medical treatment within the United States" is now a false statement. Perhaps not as a matter of law, but as a practical matter.

Since that statement is no longer true, the current scheduling of cannabis is incorrect.

Currently the DEA claims to be the authority that determines what is accepted. The federal CSA did not give them the authority to determine that.

While this situation exists, persons are being tried, convicted and sentenced under incorrect scheduling. This is a harm that is being improperly inflicted on US citizens.

It is possible that federal courts could recognize that current scheduling is in error and improper enforcement must stop.

Precedence for determining who "accepts" something under the authority granted by the CSA was established in 2006. Gonzalas v Oregon. The topic was not drugs, but a medical practice. The key phrase was "accepted for medical practice within the United States." The DEA claimed they didn't accept the Oregon practice of assisted suicide. The court ruled the CSA didn't give them the authority to determine acceptance and further that Oregon has "accepted" the practice by law. That by trying to claim authority to make the acceptance determination, the DEA exceeded the authority granted under the CSA.

So there are some juicy arguments that are on their way up the ladder right now. In fact, the "accepted" argument was presented at the COA hearing in Washington DC. Not in the oral presentations, but in the paperwork filed by Carl Olsen.

#45 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

So you are saying that if cannabis is schedule 2 it will solve the problem?

I mean, cocaine is schedule 2 and how is that working out for people in prison?

Marijuana has penalties all its own on the sentencing chart and rescheduling on the national level will not change those penalties.

State level in many states it could alter their State passed CSA's.

Nothing really changes until we change the law. The only way to change the law is to go through the Legislature. The only way to get the Legislature to pass cannabis friendly legislation is to have a majority of Rep's/Senators vote for the bill. The only way to get a majority of votes is to elect cannabis friendly candidates. I helped send a cannabis friendly Rep. to COngress,... did you?

#46 Herb Cannabis

Herb Cannabis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationDowntown Beautiful Central Michigan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Marijuana has penalties all its own on the sentencing chart and rescheduling on the national level will not change those penalties.

Nothing really changes until we change the law. The only way to change the law is to go through the Legislature. The only way to get the Legislature to pass cannabis friendly legislation is to have a majority of Rep's/Senators vote for the bill. The only way to get a majority of votes is to elect cannabis friendly candidates. I helped send a cannabis friendly Rep. to COngress,... did you? I tried!

#47 SFC

SFC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Alright Tim, show us how it is done! It amazes me how one minute you can be totally coherent and the next go straight to naive beyond belief.

#48 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

With any honest evaluation, it doesn't belong in two either.

Are the penalties you refer to federal? Would federal rescheduling change federal sentencing?

Nothing really changes until we change the law. The only way to change the law is to go through the Legislature. The only way to get the Legislature to pass cannabis friendly legislation is to have a majority of Rep's/Senators vote for the bill. The only way to get a majority of votes is to elect cannabis friendly candidates. I helped send a cannabis friendly Rep. to COngress,... did you?

At least a couple. One came to visit at my home the day before the election.

#49 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

With any honest evaluation, it doesn't belong in two either.

Of course it doesnt. It is a natural herb/plant just like poppies and coca leaves. Only the extractions should be monitored if needed by the FDA.

Are the penalties you refer to federal? Would federal rescheduling change federal sentencing?

I thought you were the one that asked me what about Federal. Yes, i am speaking Federal except for the one reference to State CSA's sometimes addressing drug sentencing by schedule. On the federal level, cannabis has its own sentencing guidelines. Those would need to be changed and would still exist unless there is a descheduling. Rescheduling would not change the penalties or the law surrounding cannabis as illegal if not approved by the FDA for distribution/possession. As i said, cocaine is only schedule 2 and it is still illegal for any format other than FDA approved reasons. It would be the same when a basic rescheduling of cannabis is addressed.

At least a couple. One came to visit at my home the day before the election.

A couple US congressmen/women? Cool.

#50 Malamute

Malamute

Advanced Member

• +CC-Dickinson
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

The Battle for Justice is Measured in Inches.

Rescheduling gets us Research. Research gets us proof. Proof begets change.

Would it be a step in the right direction? Likely. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users