What Is Needed To Open A Dispensary In G.r

Unfortunately, there is a dangerous message circulating. It goes something like this:

1. The COA was wrong to rule against p2p transfers

2. p2p sales really are legal

3. It is just a matter of time before the SC rules on transfers and makes p2p legal "again."

People are making life-changing decisions based on this false thinking.

Sorta .. more like the Supreme Court is about to say it was legal all along. And that attempts to say otherwise were attempts to limit the ability of qualified patients to acquire their lawful medicine.

Unlike others, I admit this is my guess.

Edited by peanutbutter

You are wrong. There are no Michigan Medical Forums where people post that they don't want p to p legal. I pay close attention to that kind of stuff.

Maybe I misread what they had said, or they weren't very clear in their post. It was over on the MMM Caregiver's Forum.

... so I'm glad to find that I am wrong. :)

Edited by Juan Roberto

Unfortunately, I'm not. Which was rather shocking to see a few individuals openly state they were against P2P transfers, as I assumed everyone would be for it.

That is the impression I have also.

It was noticed by the SC justices that this law does not intend to limit patient supply, but enhance it.

Many claim that the ID card requires the patient to make their purchases from one person only. While the whole state seems packed with the stuff. Instant monopoly.

Ignoring the fact that 60% of registered patients don't have a caregiver listed.

Edited by peanutbutter

no PB, as always you spout your wishes, not the law. The McQueen COA ruled against p to p for renumeration.... I would suspect until the Sp Ct specifically overrules that decision it is the law in our state.

It is case law that is not being uniformly applies across the state. And being brought into question at this moment before the Supreme Court.

Which ever way it is ruled on by the SC, the effective date will be 12/4/2008.

With that in mind, how can anyone possibly say "this is what the laws says after the ruling."

Edited by peanutbutter