Photo

Opinions On What Mi Legislature Will Do & When?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Just wondering about the opinions of the posters here. Do folks think the Senate will push through the 4 House Bills before end of year? Will they be changed forcing the House to re-vote? What about any of the Senate Bills?

Can any activism still be effective at this point? If so, what could be done and who would be reasonable to contact in the Legislature - Senators or Reps? Is there a list of Legislators that are on the fence? Thanks.

#2 Hayduke

Hayduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

It is still up in the air. Note the fight over the Right to Work Bill. If that passes, the Dems say they will invoke the nuclear option and not vote for anything the Repubs want for the remainder of the lame duck....

That would put mmj in the forefront, because it is involving two bills (4834 and 4851) that need a 3/4 vote. In order to get a 3/4 vote, you would need some Dems adding their vote to the mix. If the Dems withhold their votes we may get a lucky ticket to ride for a while.

Additionally there are only six more days for session (unless they ask people to stay after the 13th), and they will need two at minimum to pass the legislation. It seems there is an agreement in place, but will it supplant other "hot" bills and get a vote, so it is still up in the air. Realize that even if they do not pass this session, it is likely they will be reintroduced.

During the lame duck we are more or less watching and waiting. Activism is not the order of the day.... but there will be days upcoming where that will not be the case.

#3 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

contact both reps and senators, the bills were changed, so it has to go back to get a revote...

#4 Hayduke

Hayduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

well the sources and rumors lead me to believe a Senate vote may be as early as today....

#5 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,579 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Most recent versions of the bills we have seen, never voted on by any legislative body:

Attached Files

#6 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

thats an odd change to section 4 in the first bill.

the 2nd senate substitute sounds pretty good (2 year registration!)

Edited by t-pain, 05 December 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#7 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,579 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

http://www.legislatu...-4834-16883.PDF

http://www.legislatu...-4851-16882.PDF

Definitely real movement.

#8 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

so i guess what we learn from the first bill is to carry a copy of drivers license and mmj card (and caregivers + patient cards if applicable) with you at all times.

#9 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Where do you keep your pot in a Mini van??

#10 Kingdiamond

Kingdiamond

Basement lumberjack

• Forum Leaders
  • 5,628 posts
  • LocationDeadford

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I have a freestar i put mine all the way back under the foldaway back seat,.

#11 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I keep mine in a tool box under the rear seat.

#12 mibrains

mibrains

Why do you eat people? Not people...BRAINS

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,859 posts
  • Location- i seem to end up where i am needed most just in the nick of time.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

i have a pick up truck.
i keep mine on the floor of the passenger side in a tool box with a padlock on it.

#13 Timmahh

Timmahh

Silenced for Truths

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationIn your Mind

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

They have no right to tell me where to keep mine. Im not stupid, but I wont fear their messed up Tactics either.

How long are you people willing to bend over and get taint rubbed, JUST TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT?

The law is simply UNDER 2.5 Oz and 12 plants, and right now it does not matter if it is in your trunk, in a locked briefcase or just setting in the back of a van.

What they WANT YOU TO Comply to is NOT LAW, nor is it even a rule.

#14 rhinoman

rhinoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thats a funny statement cristinew. I wouldnt drive with pot in my car but the medical cannibis is locked in the trunk. hehehe

#15 Hayduke

Hayduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

They have no right to tell me where to keep mine. Im not stupid, but I wont fear their messed up Tactics either.

How long are you people willing to bend over and get taint rubbed, JUST TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT?

The law is simply UNDER 2.5 Oz and 12 plants, and right now it does not matter if it is in your trunk, in a locked briefcase or just setting in the back of a van.

What they WANT YOU TO Comply to is NOT LAW, nor is it even a rule.

No you are wrong. And should you act the fool and not modify your behavior, you will indeed be bent over. They have every right to pass these bills, whether anyone likes them or not. It is called living in a democracy where we vote in our legislators (for better or worse), and they pass laws that affect all of us.

My advise to you is to vote and work for the candidates of your choice. People need to evolve on these topics. Did ya know we used to ride horses? Did ya know we didn't have computers? Time changes everything, and to stay out of harms way and still remain relevant, one must be prepared to compromise and evolve.

No one likes the bills. That is for sure. But they are a heck of a lot better than the original ones introduced, and the law still survives the feared gutting. And that ain't all bad....

#16 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

So, I watched for several hours of debate, had to leave for a bit, missed the conclusion, and now its over. Did they pass the right to work bill? How po'd were the Dems? Did they vote on any cannabis legislation? Are the Dems gonna sabotage any lame duck Repub legislation?

#17 BirdHunter

BirdHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Contact Gretchen Whitmer (Minority Leader State Senate) and express to her your desire to have her oppose these bills. I'm thinking now that the democrats have cover for being called "weak on crime/drugs" via the nuclear option in retaliation for right to work they will torpedo these.

#18 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I hope they never vote for another republican bill

#19 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Tuesday, 12/11 Michigan Senate about to go into session......

#20 washtenaut

washtenaut

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Is the Senate voting on the cannabis bills today? (Wednesday, 12/12)

So, what are folks thinking concerning the right-to-work effect on the House cannabis bills. Any impact or do they still all pass?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users