Opinions On What Mi Legislature Will Do & When?

washtenaut

Just wondering about the opinions of the posters here. Do folks think the Senate will push through the 4 House Bills before end of year? Will they be changed forcing the House to re-vote? What about any of the Senate Bills?

Can any activism still be effective at this point? If so, what could be done and who would be reasonable to contact in the Legislature - Senators or Reps? Is there a list of Legislators that are on the fence? Thanks.

It is still up in the air. Note the fight over the Right to Work Bill. If that passes, the Dems say they will invoke the nuclear option and not vote for anything the Repubs want for the remainder of the lame duck....

That would put mmj in the forefront, because it is involving two bills (4834 and 4851) that need a 3/4 vote. In order to get a 3/4 vote, you would need some Dems adding their vote to the mix. If the Dems withhold their votes we may get a lucky ticket to ride for a while.

Additionally there are only six more days for session (unless they ask people to stay after the 13th), and they will need two at minimum to pass the legislation. It seems there is an agreement in place, but will it supplant other "hot" bills and get a vote, so it is still up in the air. Realize that even if they do not pass this session, it is likely they will be reintroduced.

During the lame duck we are more or less watching and waiting. Activism is not the order of the day.... but there will be days upcoming where that will not be the case.

They have no right to tell me where to keep mine. Im not stupid, but I wont fear their messed up Tactics either.

How long are you people willing to bend over and get taint rubbed, JUST TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT?

The law is simply UNDER 2.5 Oz and 12 plants, and right now it does not matter if it is in your trunk, in a locked briefcase or just setting in the back of a van.

What they WANT YOU TO Comply to is NOT LAW, nor is it even a rule.

They have no right to tell me where to keep mine. Im not stupid, but I wont fear their messed up Tactics either.

How long are you people willing to bend over and get taint rubbed, JUST TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT?

The law is simply UNDER 2.5 Oz and 12 plants, and right now it does not matter if it is in your trunk, in a locked briefcase or just setting in the back of a van.

What they WANT YOU TO Comply to is NOT LAW, nor is it even a rule.

No you are wrong. And should you act the fool and not modify your behavior, you will indeed be bent over. They have every right to pass these bills, whether anyone likes them or not. It is called living in a democracy where we vote in our legislators (for better or worse), and they pass laws that affect all of us.

My advise to you is to vote and work for the candidates of your choice. People need to evolve on these topics. Did ya know we used to ride horses? Did ya know we didn't have computers? Time changes everything, and to stay out of harms way and still remain relevant, one must be prepared to compromise and evolve.

No one likes the bills. That is for sure. But they are a heck of a lot better than the original ones introduced, and the law still survives the feared gutting. And that ain't all bad....

I think the republicans got their holy grail(RTW) and are satisfied even if they get nothing more.

To predict with absoluteness is folly.

We shall see.

Rick Jones called a R caucus to decide what they will push through.

We will see after recess, for today.

Edited by Malamute

Of course. They are republicans. What matters more than abortion? NOTHING.

Hahaha...

Also allowing the logging industry to clear cut forests without paying taxes properly.

And... moving substance abuse programs into the mental health programs, but not increasing funding for mental health and not transferring any funding from th previous substance abuse program to mental health. Basicly, cut funding for mental health in Michigan.

Several other interesting things flowing through today. :-0)