Need Some Advice From Some Oil Makers Out Here.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Restorium, I want you to realize your last post is an insult cloaked in reasonable language. It would not surprise me if your statements start a fight.

Cannabinoids are lost by filtering. 100% certain.

I have to say this: Cannabinoids CAN BE lost during filtering. Cannabinoids DON'T HAVE TO BE lost with filtering. It depends on how you are filtering, what processes you are using. I can prove this further, but not in this thread.

Edited by Restorium2

I have to say this: Cannabinoids CAN BE lost during filtering. Cannabinoids DON'T HAVE TO BE lost with filtering. It depends on how you are filtering, what processes you are using. I can prove this further, but not in this thread.

I agree with that. I wash out my coffee filters until the wax is almost white. At first I didn't do that, and I realized the wax was extremely sticky after it had dried. It seems like once the waxes drop out of solution, they don't want to re-dissolve too easily, so you can use some cooled solvent to rinse the wax clean.

I agree with that. I wash out my coffee filters until the wax is almost white. At first I didn't do that, and I realized the wax was extremely sticky after it had dried. It seems like once the waxes drop out of solution, they don't want to re-dissolve too easily, so you can use some cooled solvent to rinse the wax clean.

That was exactly the test I was thinking of when I refuted the claims made here.

One could say that cannabinoids are escaping starting from the moment they came into existence in the plant. What we need to realize is that cannabis is so rich in these cannabinoids that some forms of filtering do not destroy your oil. Saying filtering would ruin it is ignorant to the processes available to the oil producer.

Also, speaking of e-cigs, you can build your own e-cig pen using a 510 threaded ecig ($30) battery, like an eGo with usb pass thru, and a little adapter available at tropicalvapors.com for $5 to adapt to the omicron carts($10). Total of $45.

It's definitely not as pretty, but if you find the right e-cig batt, voltages are the same as the o-phos. If you're on a budget, it's an option.

Anyone ever use Petroleum Either to further reduce RSO down to a more potent form?I heard it was a very specific solvent for extracting THC with less impurities.

Yes, but it is easier to just extract with pet ether in the first place.

If you already have an alcohol extraction just put in a jar along with equal parts by volume of ether and water.

Shake it up and then let it sit, it will separate into three layers. The layer you want is the pet ether layer.

Things will go much easier if you use a separatory funnel. Grainger sells them for around $35.

i am interested..

please start a thread and lets discuss this... it's all new to me...

Yes, I got sucked in, following goddess off topic, not e cig related.

Is there an IQ problem here? What do you mean you followed me off topic? I replied to your post, which was apparently off topic in regards to e ciggs.

Here is something on topic. I wouldn't mind an e cigg so I can quit smoking. Really, I would like to extract pure nicotine and use it in my eclipse vaporizer.

I have had bad luck in researching on how to extract nicotine from natural tobacco. I have been considering extracting the nicotine from the patches. I would really love to use my eclipse vaporizer for nicotine to quit smoking tobacco.

If anyone has any viable affordable ideas on how to extract nicotine from natural tobacco I would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks mibrains

In the past when I was looking into the nicotine extractions, I did come across two of the three links you posted. There never really was a settled method to extract the nicotine. I never did see that first link though. Not looking to eat it, just looking to vape it like you can vape cannabis oil. If I used my eclipse vaporizer it would be inconvenient and I don't see it becoming a habit. In fact I see it as a tool to quit altogether. I have tried other products that just didn't seem to work for me.

i quit 3 years ago this march..

it was and is a difficult personal struggle..

i will pray for you to have the strength to persevere...

i bought an e cig.. and used liquid refillable cartridges that i bought with it...

i am so happy to have had it available as a tool...

i have not seen any liquid extracts since i quit.. they are all pre-filled cartridges now... but maybe they are still out there..

good luck

and dont forget.. to quit smoking is as simple as this..

its a decision.

make it or break it.. its a choice. make up your mind and then be done with the death sticks..

i told myself i would never touch a cigarette to my lips so long as i live.. and i intend to keep that promise... i still have my last cigarette in its package in my desk drawer to remind myself of the fact that it is not about will power.. it is not about the tools.. it is not about the ways we trick our minds into cheating...

it is about a simple decision, and my commitment to that mindset..

if i cheat now.. or ever.. i am only fooling myself.

good luck in your quest to be cigarette free and god bless.

Thank you mibrains.

I haven't tried those e ciggs yet. Just patches and pills.

I will keep the faith, and when the time is right, I will make it so.

your most welcome..

and you may call me john.. for sure..

i hope you find the strength within yourself to overcome the man made addictions cigarettes offer.

i am happy to help if i can be of any assistance..

a nurse once told me that the average craving only last 5-25 seconds..

no more than half a minute..

change your mind..

preoccupy yourself..

figure out what 30 seconds of your life is worth in the end.

seriously gg.. i would love to help if i am able..

cigarettes need to be gone from our planet.. all together...

Is there an IQ problem here? What do you mean you followed me off topic? I replied to your post, which was apparently off topic in regards to e ciggs.

Here is something on topic. I wouldn't mind an e cigg so I can quit smoking. Really, I would like to extract pure nicotine and use it in my eclipse vaporizer.

I have had bad luck in researching on how to extract nicotine from natural tobacco. I have been considering extracting the nicotine from the patches. I would really love to use my eclipse vaporizer for nicotine to quit smoking tobacco.

If anyone has any viable affordable ideas on how to extract nicotine from natural tobacco I would love to hear your ideas.

have you tried vaping tobaco?

Peace

Jim

have you tried vaping tobaco?

Peace

Jim

Actually, yes I have. It was so nasty I had a hard time "choking it down"

That is when I realized how dangerous nicotine is. A few too many hits of tobacco using a vaporizer can knock you on your bottom.

I am kind of hoping that vaping nicotine would not be as gross, but I am sure is just as dangerous, if not more.

Actually, yes I have. It was so nasty I had a hard time "choking it down"

That is when I realized how dangerous nicotine is. A few too many hits of tobacco using a vaporizer can knock you on your bottom.

I am kind of hoping that vaping nicotine would not be as gross, but I am sure is just as dangerous, if not more.

I am so sorry to hear that hehehehehe, I realy didnt know, but was thinking of trying, thank you for your study on vaping tobaco lmao!

Thanks again

Peace

Jim

Ok so i took about 10 grams of bud and mixed it with 91% iso and im waitng for it to dry now.

The first batch i made was a lot smaller scale and when the iso evaporated what was left looked like hash nothing like oil. Is that normal

You filter the liquid out of the solid and then evaporate the the liquid part. What is left is the oil. A coffee filter works. Make sure you evaporate it good or you will have alcohol in your oil.

• 8 months later...

Nope--Thin= Naptha(zippo lighter fluid, goo be gone solvent etc) causes gastric disturbances, hospitalization, cancer, brain damage, and more.

and Green = chlorophyll.

Extracted cannabis oil is not runny, or green, but thick and amber, or tan, or golden, depending upon technique.

lighter fluid, garage floors, rice cookers.....sniff tests....c'mon, this is what the hippies were doing the 60's.

We owe it to our patients to research this, study safety measures, or step outside the provider box. Smoking Naptha causes cancer. period. what kind of schmuck leaves it up to a guy in his garage with a rice cooker, poison buckets and solvents from the depot, to determine all residue is removed, from the runny green liquid, before dispensing it as a cancer treatment..makes me sick !!!  what kind of guy sells it at his shop to sick people?

google rotational evaporation, tamisium extraction, n-butane, for lab grade, food grade, medical grade cannabis extraction techniques, please.

be safe brothers and sisters, it's a scary place on the net.

REAL simsom oil is thin and golden to light green the BLACK oil you see iss CRAP go to you tube and check out rick simpsom's video :gym: