Need Some Advice From Some Oil Makers Out Here.

I have learned a lot since this thread was started.

Off topic about the oil being runny; I go way out of my way to make sure my oil is a little bit runny. Not from solvent remaining, but, from treating it very delicately while making it and it being a very clean, high quality oil. I believe the reason why it is a little runny is because it is not fully decarbed yet. I have noticed that my oil has taken up to 6 weeks, potentially 8 weeks for it to fully decarb. After it is fully decarbed, it is no longer runny. The amount of oil remains the same. After getting the batch of oil into the syringes, I let it sit in a cool dark place and let it cure for 8 weeks before I use it. It is not mandatory that you do it this way, but for me it is very noticeably more potent when I do. Using different solvents to make the oil have a strong effect on the decarbing.

Back on topic: I feel that I have got the vaporizing concentrates perfected, at least for my satisfaction. I have been able to quit smoking cigarettes with my vaporizers and I no longer have any desire to smoke buds.

Vape Pens  6 18 13 011

Portable adjustable vaporizer

Here is a link to my experience with pen/portable vaporizers for concentrates.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaporizing iso is very dangerous, toxic, and plain suicidal. please don't be suicidal by inhaling the vapors of a known carcinogen, while enjoying the palliative effects of organic cannabis.

Once as an experiment, I thinned some oil with 99% isopropanol and load the cartridge. The Omicron worked better, but then it leaked. This was a unit I bought about 2 years ago, and I know they have new models out now, but I don't know if the cartridge design has changed. The other thing I didn't care for about the Omicron I have is that you have to keep it upright so it is hard to transport. With the glass vials, you just screw the cap on and go. I have reused the Omicron cartridges numerous times, even thought the directions say not to. At $5 a piece, they aren't cheap - compared to 50 cents for a glass vial.

I have learned a lot since this thread was started.

Off topic about the oil being runny; I go way out of my way to make sure my oil is a little bit runny. Not from solvent remaining, but, from treating it very delicately while making it and it being a very clean, high quality oil. I believe the reason why it is a little runny is because it is not fully decarbed yet. I have noticed that my oil has taken up to 6 weeks, potentially 8 weeks for it to fully decarb. After it is fully decarbed, it is no longer runny. The amount of oil remains the same. After getting the batch of oil into the syringes, I let it sit in a cool dark place and let it cure for 8 weeks before I use it. It is not mandatory that you do it this way, but for me it is very noticeably more potent when I do. Using different solvents to make the oil have a strong effect on the decarbing.

Back on topic: I feel that I have got the vaporizing concentrates perfected, at least for my satisfaction. I have been able to quit smoking cigarettes with my vaporizers and I no longer have any desire to smoke buds.

Here is a link to my experience with pen/portable vaporizers for concentrates.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1026-my-experience-with-portable-vaporizers-pen-vaporizers-for-concentrated-cannabis-oil-and-e-cigarette-oil/#commentsStart

decarboxylation happens in the hours and few days while drying your buds. Unless you are extracting from fresh cut flowers( I do this occasionally for a floral treat)  your bud should be fully decarb'd by the time you run it.After that molecule moves on over, your flowers are degrading, not decarbing.

If your oil is getting solid over time its simply drying out. Whether it be left over solvent, or water from your extraction. try freezing the result, or using a nbutane instead of smoke shop, which has a dozen other gases in it besides butane, and all of them target different constituents in your bud, like chlorophyll, waxes, and even water. These can be removed with winterization after your initial blast, and you'll see a fine finished thick glass like product in a day.

dabba dabba doo !

decarboxylation happens in the hours and few days while drying your buds. Unless you are extracting from fresh cut flowers( I do this occasionally for a floral treat)  your bud should be fully decarb'd by the time you run it.After that molecule moves on over, your flowers are degrading, not decarbing.

If your oil is getting solid over time its simply drying out. Whether it be left over solvent, or water from your extraction. try freezing the result, or using a nbutane instead of smoke shop, which has a dozen other gases in it besides butane, and all of them target different constituents in your bud, like chlorophyll, waxes, and even water. These can be removed with winterization after your initial blast, and you'll see a fine finished thick glass like product in a day.

dabba dabba doo !

You just took a dump on some quality information. You obviously don't know anything about decarbing concentrated cannabis oils or solvents for that matter. This is exactly why I have been staying away from posting information on forums. Do you know that you can eat decarbed oil and get really high?

I have been making oil for three years. I look at your profile and I don't see anything. Are you even a grower? The decarbing of the buds you mention, I learned about that about 15 years ago. Do you know what THCa is? I don't mean to offend. I try to help people but then there are others that don't know all of what they are talking about and the point is completely missed. This then causes other readers to become very confused.

I will just go back to hiding in my blogs.

Premium RSO 2013 0330 15

No winterizing, no paper filtering. Just a basic frozen extract with 99% iso, then in to the rice cooker. Finalized on a coffee cup warmer.

Thank you PB for pointing me in this direction.

vaporizing iso is very dangerous, toxic, and plain suicidal. please don't be suicidal by inhaling the vapors of a known carcinogen, while enjoying the palliative effects of organic cannabis.

Dude! where do you get your information?

This seems to be a common problem these days. Is there something in the water? I just don't understand, right from the bottom to the top. I am truly baffled.

I am not insinuating to inhale isoproply alcohol. This reference is directed toward the carcinogen statement. What do you mean known carcinogen? 

Here is the first article I came across.

"Cancer: The U.S. EPA has not classified isopropyl alcohol as to its carcinogenic potential (U.S. EPA, 1995a). The International Agency for Research on Cancer has classified isopropyl alcohol in Group 3: Not classifiable as to its carcinogenic potential (IARC, 1987a)."

Source: http://scorecard.goodguide.com/chemical-profiles/html/isopropyl_alcohol.html

I think you may be referring to naphtha or naphtha with other chemicals. I am getting old and tired of defending the truth.

I am going to go vape a bunch of oil and watch a movie. Of course I will also be eating my RSO (made with iso) maintenance dose too.

Hasta la vista baby!!

I shed a lot of popularity points when I tried to get a (previous) regular poster to acknowledge that F-ing around with higher boiling point solvents is an opening for patients to consume un-purged hydrocarbons....like what you'd expect if you conducted any kind of extraction using hardware store naptha. 

That said- there is nothing suicidal about vaping 99% ISO-extracted cannabis.  Yes, if you fell short on the purge, you'll have some unfriendly alcohol left...about enough to give you a headache/hangover.

Also - there is no known (or even imaginable) cancer link associated with ISO, so I don't know what you mean by "inhaling the vapors of a known carcinogen." 

Please explain.

Edited by Highlander