The list of ingredients is this:

Olive oil

Osha Root

Hemp seed oil

tincture of myrrh

oil of peppermint

oil of clary sage

oil of oregano

Which then gets activated with cannabis.

The "base oil" by itself has medical properties. The effect of the oil is amplified with the addition of cannabis.

Adding more cannabis does seem to help the effect the oil has.

Osha. Also called Bear Root.

It is called "Bear Root" is because of how the bears react to it when waking up from hibernation. They would dig up and eat all they could. Then they would chew some up and rub it into their faces.

It's supply is limited. It grows naturally in the Rocky Mountains. Higher up.

Osha Root Benefits

Osha root has been an important herbal medicine for native Americans. Osha plant is also known as 'bear medicine', as bears have been found to be greatly attracted to this plant. Bears are usually observed to search for osha and consume its root whenever they are wounded or sick or after the winter hibernation. Osha plant is also used in some native American ceremonies. The plant is known to possess anti-microbial, expectorant, diuretic, diaphoretic, decongestant, anesthetic, emmenagogue, and stimulant properties. The native Americans also use osha root for some health benefits, which are enlisted below.

•Osha root is known to have antibacterial and anti-viral properties. It can prove quite effective for treating cold and flu, especially if taken early. It can also help to provide relief in upper respiratory infections.

•Osha root is used for the natural treatment of bronchial infections and sore throat as well. Due to its numbing effect, it can soothe sore throats.

•Osha is known to boost the immune system and enhance its ability to prevent infections and diseases.

•This herb can be used for relieving cough and congestion as well. It basically helps to make the cough productive. It can be mixed with honey to make a syrup to get faster relief from cough.

•Osha root has a bitter taste, but it helps to stimulate appetite. It is a common herbal medicine used by the native Americans for indigestion and upset stomach.

•Osha root is also used for toothache. It acts like a mild anesthetic and numbs the area to reduce toothache.

•A tea prepared from the root of osha plant can be used topically for small cuts and wounds, due to its antibacterial properties.

•Apart from these, root of the osha plant is sometimes effective for the alleviation of tonsillitis, sinus congestion, stomach pain, asthma, and allergies, pharyngitis, bronchial inflammation, rhinitis, nausea, vomiting, and pneumonia.

Osha Root Side Effects

Osha root is not known to have any major

side effect. However, osha plant can look quite similar to some other plants including, poison hemlock. So, proper identification of osha plant may pose a problem. Moreover, some people can be allergic to osha, in which case its ingestion can produce allergic reaction. Osha root is not recommended to be used in high dosage for a prolonged time period. Use of this root for extended period of time can adversely affect the kidneys and the liver. On the other hand, osha can pass into human breast milk and it is usually advised to be avoided by the pregnant and nursing women. Ingestion of a high amount of osha root or its preparations during pregnancy can cause uterine contractions.

Hope by now, you have got a fair idea about osha root uses, benefits and side effects. Osha plants can be mainly found in open meadows and dry and upland ravines. Osha roots are harvested from the wild to prepare whole or powdered dried roots, which are used as herbal medicine. You can also find osha root complex syrup in the market, that is primarily used for cough and congestion. Though considered as highly effective for curing several ailments, the root of the osha plant should be taken after consulting a herbalist and a certified physician. To avoid any adverse effect, it should be used only in the appropriate dosage.

Research and understand what you are using and possible side effects or contraindications that may exist. Please research the other ingredients as well. Myrhh can seem harmless to everyone, but it can be dangerous to some.

My favorite recipe is simple and everyone should look into any issues with any of the ingredients before using it.

Emu Oil - Highest grade w/COA

Hash Oil - Cleanest possible

Beeswax - Organic/Clean/Minimal

That is it.

That's an excellent recipe. That first emu oil link I posted is from webMD and has a tab for side effects. I see that the side effects are not fully documented so you have to be careful. Try a small amount on a small area. They don't recommend it if you are pregnant.

Edited by Restorium2

Emu definitely allows barrier crossing with great ease.

DO NOT ever use other lotions and creams with EMU oil. :-)

Like Benadryl creams or lidocaine patches. ;-)

All i can say is do the research, but Emu oil, Hash oil and a touch of beeswax is as clean as it gets.

I have horrible skin allergies and this does not bother me.

add: it does not bother me as long as the hash oil is VERY clean i should say. :-)

Edited by Malamute

That emu oil sounds like awesome stuff. The prepared version has this in it:

http://en.wikipedia....sulfonylmethane

Does anybody really know if that has the claimed effect of promoting permeation of the skin?

This is the ingredients list of the one posted above:

Ingredients: Water (aqua), emu oil, propylene glycol, methylsulfonyl methane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, polyacrylamide, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, ethylexyl palmitate, ethylhexyl stearate, diethylhexyl adipate, coriandrum sativum (coriander) oil, trienthanolamine, calcium ascorbate (ester c), glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitn sulfate, salix alba (white willow) bark extract, echinacia purpurea (coneflower) extract, chammomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, chrysanthemum coccineum (feverfew) flower extract, hypericum perforatum (st. john's wort) extract, calendula officinalis (marigold) flower extract, tilia cordata (linden tree) flower extract, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, benzoic acid, butylene glycol and fragrance (parfum).

Interesting. Some of their extractors are a little questionable for residues.

This i like though: glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitn sulfate

I use coconut oil as a base and then add bubble to activate it. Never added any of the other stuff. Works great on poison ivy. Dried it up faster then anything I have ever seen. Ive been told this is very effective on chicken pox(adult form) and other types of herpes. I use it for everything. I rub it on my temples and neck when I get headaches.

Who can approve marijuana for medical use?

In 2005 the US supreme court ruled against Angle Raich.

In 2006 the Supreme court ruled about who gets to decide what is acceptable medical practice within the controlled substance act. They ruled that the DEA assumed power that congress had not given to it. That a law could be passed that approved acceptable medical practice. And that Oregon had done just that. By law, Oregon had accepted a medical practice and that the DEA could not overrule a law passed by the people, by virtue of the controlled substance act.

Edited by peanutbutter

Who can approve marijuana for medical use?

In 2005 the US supreme court ruled against Angle Raich.

In 2006 the Supreme court ruled about who gets to decide what is acceptable medical practice within the controlled substance act. They ruled that the DEA assumed power that congress had not given to it. That a law could be passed that approved acceptable medical practice. And that Oregon had done just that. By law, Oregon had accepted a medical practice and that the DEA could not overrule a law passed by the people, by virtue of the controlled substance act.

We are way past that here in this thread peanut. This thread is for FREE topical oil recipes for patients and caregivers to add their cannabis to. Cannabis is already approved for medical use here in Michigan.

Peanutbutter, I don't think anyone is arguing that you are bound by law to do this, I know I am not because I simply am not sure. I do know that the labeling and informational practices talked about in this thread are what patients need under the current circumstances to make safe use of your product. You have already made some changes, why not just go all the way and lay out your label similar to what's shown above?

Mention has been made of gaining FDA approval for ANY preparation of marijuana. Or was that just mine?

Well, I must have missed that one. I am certainly not advocating that, and I am quite sure it would be impossible right now.

Full compliance with the wishes of every person posting here is impossible also. When someone tells me to gain FDA approval, that slows me down from reading anything else the person says.

Some of the suggestions I am bringing into my labeling and warnings.

My topical has had a warning label about allergies for a very long time.

Edited by peanutbutter

A warning label about allergies without an ingredients list is little help. Do you know anyone with allergies?

Also, the pregnant or nursing mother one was also seen on the label above. And for external use only.

Extended or improper use can cause Liver and Kidney damage was kinda important too.... ;-)

And yes, i have heard good results from many people using all sorts of different salves, oils and topical applications.

Edited by Malamute

Here's another great topical pain reliever you can add your cannabis oil to. It has the active ingredient from peppers which works great for a lot of us arthritis patients.

http://www.webmd.com...ame=Zostrix+Top

You can buy it here; http://www.amazon.com/Zostrix-Potency-Arthritis-Relief-Cream/dp/B000F5IEK8

Edited by Restorium2