45 replies to this topic

#1 JMedical

JMedical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Hi all. I was wondering what is an acceptable donation amount for a gram of Honey Oil. Thanks.

#2 CaveatLector

CaveatLector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

If it's a donation then isn't that kind of whatever the donor can afford? If a donation isn't acceptable then is it really a donation?

#3 CaveatLector

CaveatLector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I would add that people who frame their transactions in regard to the receipt of money as "donations" aren't going to fool anyone. A disguised sale will be seen as a sale by the court.

#4 hic

hic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Locationnewaygo county

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

What is to be donated is compensation for your labor and material to make the product my friend, it is not to be a donation for actual gram that you accept.
That is what I have gatherd from it all anyway and very well could be a little wrong.

#5 JMedical

JMedical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Gee, thanks for the help. You all know we don't "sell" our medicine. I was simply wondering if anyone has calculated the cost and labor average of a gram of bho. Sorry I asked....

#6 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have seen registered primary caregivers receive compensation from their registered qualifying patients (in accordance with 4e for costs associated with assisting the registered qualifying patient with the medical use of marijuana) for costs related to the manufacturing of cannabis and the resulting BHO in the range of $25 to $60 per gram depending on the quality of the starting material and the quality/complexity of the extraction process.

#7 Bisharoo

Bisharoo

Audio/Visual Expansionist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere out there, between dimensions...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hey JMedical, it really depends on who makes it and how they make it. Some methods cost more. Highlander is probably right on his range. He has good information I believe. Good luck!
Peace...

#8 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

The stuff is very labor intensive , and quality can vary,

#9 Highlander

Highlander

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

The stuff is very labor intensive , and quality can vary,

And requires an investment in equipment and some knowledge/precautions not to blow one's self up.

I knew a guy who was cleaning auto parts in his garage using naphtha. He absent-mindedly lit a cigar or pipe and caused an explosion that killed him. It is easy to imagine an inexperienced person lighting up a joint in their garage after doing an extraction and meeting the same fate. Making BHO and similar extractions is serious business.

#10 ozzrokk

ozzrokk

Sick and Tired

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Gee, thanks for the help. You all know we don't "sell" our medicine. I was simply wondering if anyone has calculated the cost and labor average of a gram of bho. Sorry I asked....

Yea not many answers around here without a holier then thou lashing anymore, sadly..... Sorry I do not have the answer as I do not have experience with bho.

#11 Dlo

Dlo

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

I've heard anywhere from 20-90, like everyting else, it depends.

#12 JMedical

JMedical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thanks for the info peeps. That helps.

#13 CaveatLector

CaveatLector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yea not many answers around here without a holier then thou lashing anymore, sadly..... Sorry I do not have the answer as I do not have experience with bho.

Yes, warnings to help protect the OP are per se "holier than thou." That would be because you don't want to hear the warning.

#14 hic

hic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Locationnewaygo county

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

you cannot get an answer to the question you are asking because overhead is different to many. I could make an ounce for just about free of the stuff if I wanted ya know?

Too many variables guy - to get exact.

#15 t-pain

t-pain

Advanced Member

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

are you making bho from bud or trim? from medical quality or ditchweed?
how filtered is your butane?
are you vacuum pumping it? how many times and what lengths?

can you smell the terpenes in the bho?

#16 ozzrokk

ozzrokk

Sick and Tired

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

Yes, warnings to help protect the OP are per se "holier than thou." That would be because you don't want to hear the warning.

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know what I do or do not want to hear. Just because YOU assume anyone using the word donate is doing something wrong is a problem that YOU have. I have heard many people use that very word when dealing with their 5 REGISTERED PATIENTS so you should not ALWAYS ASSUME so much.

#17 hic

hic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Locationnewaygo county

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I do not make the stuff. I was telling you overhead price is not stable amongst growers so BHO pricing is whatever they want it to be. It is no set amount.

To answer your question with bud and sct which is not dirt weed. I can make an ounce of the stuff for like 10 bucks. Keeping in mind no labor was added into the 10 bucks though.

Edited by hic, 24 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#18 hic

hic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Locationnewaygo county

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

You must also remember I feel nothing for the plants and I am not attached to them whatsoever...What one man hold so carefully I will throw away if it is incoveniant.

You could say he who holds the BHO the most precious will ask for the most in most cases

You did want every ones take on the issue correct for learning right?

To me they are just plants that can do great things.. many see them as gold and diamonds..not the case here

If you are new to growing let me tell you I have seen those plants control people so please tell them what to do and do not so much let them tell you what to do k - my advise to a newbie

Edited by hic, 24 January 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#19 CaveatLector

CaveatLector

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know what I do or do not want to hear. Just because YOU assume anyone using the word donate is doing something wrong is a problem that YOU have. I have heard many people use that very word when dealing with their 5 REGISTERED PATIENTS so you should not ALWAYS ASSUME so much.

Please do not pretend to know or act like you know that I am being "holier than thou" by providing level-headed warnings. Acting as if I am assuming anything about the word donate is part of the problem here. The phrase "acceptable donation" was used by the OP. That suggests that there is a donation that is NOT acceptable. THAT suggests that it isn't a donation at all but, rather, a sale. This isn't MY interpretation. This is how it will be presented to a court. The point in all of this is that a disguised sale will be seen and treated as a sale regardless of whether you called it a donation. That is the point here so stop trying to make it personal. A donation is a gift. A gift is something given without expectation of anything in return. Giving away BHO in exchange for a gift (donation) is a disguised sale and make no mistake you will be called out for it should it come to that. A true donation is something given without expectation of receiving anything of value in return. But I understand, explaining this makes me "holier than thou." :rolleyes: The fact is you don't like the explanation and therefore attribute some evil intent to me.

#20 Northern Lab

Northern Lab

Cannabis Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationGaylord

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Just when I thought we couldn't pick any more nits around here. OMG :lol:

Typical donation/compensation for BHO for my patients is $30-$50/g depending on how much time I have into the product.

Edited by Northern Lab, 24 January 2013 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users