Two Grams Per Watt? Heath Robinson's Growing, Seen Through

pic book

the filter of the MMMA of 2008.

Heath, or Heath Robinson, when googled, brings bring up subjects that include buckets, coliseum, drip, rdwc, trees, vertical grows, and others, all designs for grows that Heath has designed, built and run, with his results posted on various websites all over the world. Heath's greatest relevance to Michigan growers is his production in various of his designs of more than 2 grams per watt (I think 2.4 was his tops).

While in many of his designs Heath runs hundreds of plants at a time it is not good in our state to follow his imitation of a commercial nursery. MI has plant limits. Given this constraint, the most relevant of Heath's designs to a MI patient would be the one that uses the fewest plants, i.e., trees (restrained). I say 'restrained' because a single pot tree grow run to its natural course of yield produces way more meds than anyone in MI can legally possess. And MI has possession limits. A CareGiver, being allowed more plants, might find utility in aping Heath's vertical grow, or his perpetual (scaled back, of course).

Except for the plant, pics of Heath's fantastic yields have a plain-jane aura to them. Green twine to the ceiling holding up colas, bare bulbs hanging down into the bush--always 600s no 1ks--and no CO2, just room air changes every 30 seconds! And every surface not plant is covered in reflective silver. Yah, even the ceiling is covered in silver.And every clone is u-n-i-f-o-r-m, one strain, and the canopies' one height.

Edited by pic book

He's also running top of the line genetics yield-wise. His tree grows are great, same with doubled's mpb bucket grows at the farm. His flooded tube vertical used 72 clones and needed only a week or two of veg, used a 600w, and yielded over 2.5 pounds in a setup designed to cost less than 1000 dollars and uses no co2, it's the Mona Lisa of hydro.

His vertical journals featured Critical Mass and Mr Nice S hit (Skunk #1). I believe those to be the only strains you can buy from seedbanks that he shows. The flooded tube vertical uses Positronics Viking and his aero grows are Green Giant x AK47 and Black Rose (his own creation Blackberry x Purple Shiva Skunk).

That is the farm I speak of. I'm not sure who did what first, but the 8 lb indoor plants that doubled posted are by far the largest indoor plants I have ever seen. He didn't quite hit any of heaths g/w records, nor is his facility as cheap, but for shear production from a single plant he is king.

• 1 month later...

The projects that feature smaller plants get their yield results from being over #'s (in MI terms). Course as Heath Robinson posts from England where there's no medical use allowed; it is all recreational and all illegal. The hydro vertical stadium with one open single 600 hps is an octagonal 40 inches across. it also stands 40 inches tall. it accepts 36 plants (8 inch clones in netpots all the same strain) and yielded 2.5 pounds. If built double in height, it grows 72 plants under 2 600s hung one below the other, and doubles yield.

Edited by pic book

Not for me I know how to grow one day you can come over and see this 8# plant and can take it home with you if you want it

I accept, when can me and the missus come? (We'll have to cut is bit by bit). Tried to send pm, but you cannot receive.

Edited by pic book

• 2 months later...

I bought some of Ken's GDP x Cheerry PIe and he claims to have huge yields on this strain but I have yet to crack them.  But the yield is def about the gentics but also how the environmentals are in the grow.  A new grower versus a veteran are surely going to see much different yields.

But from my own personal experiences I have not found the breeders claims to be close to what they say.  Some are larger producers but to get 2 or 3 lbs indoors is hard to do.  And you definitely have to be doing it hydro with super cropping and longer vegg times with very large hydro set ups.

us dirt guys can go into 10-20 lbs buckets but the uptake is just not the same as with direct uptake running hydro.  The plants simply absorb nutrient and rush it to the cell walls/membranes 5x times as fast versus soil or even cocoa guys.

But really i don't even want anything to do with a 3 lbs plant...wtf would I do with that in my house....if I cropped a half room of that I would have to seriously just dispose of it because there is no way I would even know what to do with such serious weight.

yeah , yeah dump it to dispensaries....but i would rather see it go to garbage before I let these dispensary guys make bank off my hard work.  If this shiet ever gets truly legalized and a person can grow their own product and be the dispensary then and only then will I give respect to where it is due.  The way I see it these dispensary guys are similiar to Corporate Share Croppers.   And if you don't know what Corporate Share Cropping is then well you might want to Google that in the chicken, Egg and Beef industries.!!   Modern day indensured servitude still exists...right in the good ole USA.  Farmers get bent over day after day, year after year and nobody gives a fux.  But we just love our good old steroided Chickens, eggs and beefs..!!  hey why not it lets the girls get breasts at ages 8-11 now...more for the pedophiles to look at .!!  I know that was nasty....lol....

Dispensary owners are in my book similiar to Corporate Share Croppers..!!  If you are allowed to grow your own and dispense it at fair market valus then that I do agree with. To be the producer and seller proprietor is the way I see it being a fair ball game.

But for some non-growing clown that sits in a store front to bend over hard working CG's for retardedly low amounts is wrong but hey people need lute so they give into being bent over and prostituted.

Edited by motorcitymeds

You know what I do have in my garden though that is a beaster is Critical Kush by Barney's farm.  It's critical x OG Kush.  It tends to lean towards the critical side.  I am actually crackin a freebie I got from a bank of Critical x sensi star.  Everybody I have talked to that ran Critical has loved the yields.  Is it the most potent ..nope but having one plant per cycle that yields helps even things out.

Edited by motorcitymeds

Just curious, does anyone here need to grow that much?  I had to start growing smaller plants to stay within limits.  I get 2-2½ ounces off a plant every week and that's plenty for me and my four patients.

For some they need to grow in 10-20 containers to make it all work.  If your good and organic in 10-20 lbs containers you can easily get a qp-halfer.  Some do require larger amount to do different things....oils, hash, medibles...etc, etc...  But I hear ya a 3lbs freakin plant..dude...wtf...that is retarded big..!!!!  i would shiet my pants if I evenhad to trimm a hald dozen 3  lbs plants..It would take me forever and i would never get to do anything else...just trimm, and trimm..or buy a trim pro..lol

Edited by motorcitymeds

Lol..you'd be buying a trimmer...concentrates celliach, the only legitimate reason under the mm act to want or need qp plants...the only "legitimate" reason.

Also a good way to reduce weight and maintain medical value. You can turn pounds to ounces pretty quick, maybe even without drying if you know what you're doing...