What Percentage Of Your Medication Came From Dispensaries?

142 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your medication came from dispensaries?

• 0 - 10%
    • 10 - 20%
    • 20 - 30%
    • 30 - 40%
    • 40 - 50%
    • 50 - 60%
    • 60 - 70%
    • 70 - 80%
    • 80 - 90%
    • 90 - 100%

wtf your suggesting we believe shooty now? you know what else he said? this law makes disp legal. and no we need to fix the law, for people with terminal and or other more serious issues there needs to be a safety net, an option. if the crop fails people suffer and or die, thats wrong helps no ones, possible pads pockets that's it. you wouldn't feel comfortable with only one option for your food, its insane it expect it from cancer pts.

Actually, he said this law will put dispensaries in your town. He was right wasn't he? I'm weighing what I have to lose here. Some folks don't have anything to lose. I have a lot to lose. I would like to see things settle down for at least a few years of peace for patients.

It is my understanding that the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act supersedes all other regulations. Therefore communities are unable to regulate caregivers no matter how badly they may want to.

The only ones that would be effected by community regulations are commercial operations.

Caregivers are not commercial operations, they are merely concerned with assisting the ill with obtaining their medication.

If any caregivers are concerned about being labeled "commercial" I would suggest that you work up a profit/loss spreadsheet.

My bet is you don't make enough money for anyone, even someone as intellectually challenged as Bill Shuette, to try to class you as a commercial operation.

They already have Bill. They already have classified caregivers as commercial in many areas across the state. We don't have to guess or debate it. It's already a fact of history.

I also hold you in pretty high regard John. You are simply wrong this time bro.

thanks SFC.. and i hold u in high regards as well..

i am not sure where right or wrong falls on this one.

i want farmers markets in my community.

so i support the means to attain my goal. but NOT at the expense of caregivers.

and as i have been told... they must change the act directly to do that.

everything else will have to be fought...

agreed and just so we are clear...

i never said loosing is just the way it is, and we should give up or give in.

i stand behind wanting farmers markets in my community.

and i know my community would welcome them so long as they were specific to a certain set of controls and rules.

and this legislation gives communities the ability to do just that.

so lets not through out the baby with the water...

lets look at this form a positive perspective and change the threats... not scrap the entire thing.

we all know

if it has traction it will go through.

at 0420

so lets make them write it the way we want... rather than tell everyone to dump it. thats all i mean with my comments.

So you have a 'lock' on your local community now? Good for you! It's not like that for most all of the rest of us. I see where you are coming from now. Thanks for the clarity. By the way, what community are you talking about so I can check your facts?

no

lol

i dont have a lock on anything..

i have a few friends... we speak out to try to help make a difference...

its a constant battle.

Then you are the one throwing the baby out with the bathwater, not me. You will be going from getting a zoning ticket to going to jail for a zoning violation. We are much closer to getting a 'lock' on the state. We have a state law. The communities need to follow it universally across the state.

my board said...

on the record

they dont want neon pot signs and people in and out of pot shops all day.

they said they would welcome the industry if it is done so in a carefully planned way.

we don't know what that means.

but we know what it does not mean.

no signs

no frontage

no advertising

but.

they would allow us to operate so long as we meet their definition of the rules.

those rules will all have to be fought over one by one.

this new proposed law gives us an opportunity to do just that.

work with my township board.

not with anyone at a state, or even county level...but my neighbors. and if a majority of my neighbors agree then whats the problem?

They already have Bill. They already have classified caregivers as commercial in many areas across the state. We don't have to guess or debate it. It's already a fact of history.

They may make that claim but it contradicts the law, assuming that the caregiver is in compliance.

Like the ruling on the Wyoming attempt.

Sadly, it will mean more people dragged through court deprived of their freedom and stripped of their savings befor the dust settles.

This is important. HB 4271 cannot be the answer because it does not change the Act.

Obvious proof that it WILL BE totally changed before it is signed. We have clear intent without the wording to support that clear intent. We are just seeing the fluff. They will change the act or what's the point. Then we will have to fight it for years AFTER the changes are implemented. This is a horrible place to put yourself on purpose patients.

Then you are the one throwing the baby out with the bathwater, not me. You will be going from getting a zoning ticket to going to jail for a zoning violation. We are much closer to getting a 'lock' on the state. We have a state law. The communities need to follow it universally across the state.

that's not true.. it's to far to the end of the spectrum, and dangerously close to fear mongering.

the act still protects me from any prosecution.

i would go from getting a ticket to explaining my exemption under section 4 of the act.

Obvious proof that it WILL BE totally changed before it is signed. We have clear intent without the wording to support that clear intent. We are just seeing the fluff. They will change the act or what's the point. Then we will have to fight it for years AFTER the changes are implemented. This is a horrible place to put yourself on purpose patients.

agreed..

and so we should be all working together to get acceptable changes just like the last set of 12 down to 8 down to 4 new bills.

agreed..

and so we should be all working together to get acceptable changes just like the last set of 12 down to 8 down to 4 new bills.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! The definition of crazy is doing the same thing again that failed last time without any reason to have a change of outcome. We have heard from the TOP that there shouldn't be any more changes. The only one kicking the sleeping giant are the dispensary advocates. Let it be.

They have no authority to do that. 4271 in it's initial form doesn't give them the authority to do that either

They already DID it. The ones that already DID it will take the ball and run with it. It gives them the ability, if you read the bill, to make zoning violations, concerning marijuana, a criminal offense. Why would they do that in the wording Dan?

Edited by Restorium2

well ok then..

we should just do nothing then?

and the legislators will let the act be...i highly doubt that

now who is delusional?

they will never stop messing with this. even when they directly lie to you and say they wont.

and when this new proposed law is done, next there will be another.

and we will debate it the same way... i am sure...

well ok then..

we should just do nothing then?

and the legislators will let the act be...i highly doubt that

now who is delusional?

they will never stop messing with this. even when they directly lie to you and say they wont.

and when this new proposed law is done, next there will be another.

and we will debate it the same way... i am sure...

Look John,

The top cop wrote 15 pages of 'wants' when we were adjusting the last time. I have his play book. He got almost everything he wanted. This time his play book says to leave it be. These are things I can prove in hard copy.

They already DID it. The ones that already DID it will take the ball and run with it. It gives them the ability, if you read the bill, to make zoning violations, concerning marijuana, a criminal offense. Why would they do that in the wording Dan?

I have read the bill, and it does not give townships or local government the authority to regulate caregivers.

You may very well be right that there are some prohibitionist dominated Township boards that will try to take the ball and run with it. They will lose, and they already have.

Edited by Northern Lab

Look John,

The top cop wrote 15 pages of 'wants' when we were adjusting the last time. I have his play book. He got almost everything he wanted. This time his play book says to leave it be. These are things I can prove in hard copy.

I specifically recommend NOT LOBBYING for this bill.

If it gets out of committee, we will likely need to do something.

agreed..

thats so very true..

and in many communities the card will stop them from being prosecuted like it is supposed to.

in many others they will end up in court..

it is jurisdictional regulation.

Which is illegal when you have a state law. Stand on your solid legal ground and don't bend over because you think throwing them a bone is going to get you something you will never get voluntarily.

Which is illegal when you have a state law. Stand on your solid legal ground and don't bend over because you think throwing them a bone is going to get you something you will never get voluntarily.

local regulation is not illegal.

it is the final say in the rules.. so long as it does not conflict with county, state or federal law.

all laws compound on each other until there is a conflict. then the higher authority wins

in this case the higher authority is the act itself.

this rule gives local municipalities the right to regulate distribution themselves.

whats the problem with that?

is the whole problem here is the perceived loss of caregiver grow rights?

then we can address that issue in full compliance and demand it be and stay resolved as an effect of this rule.

and if AG shuthismouth says to leave it alone, then the last thing we should do is leave it alone.

Actually, he said this law will put dispensaries in your town. He was right wasn't he? I'm weighing what I have to lose here. Some folks don't have anything to lose. I have a lot to lose. I would like to see things settle down for at least a few years of peace for patients.

i cant feel ya on that. i myself i know people who have something to lose, like their life. they dont have 3 years to hide , there will be no peace until the fights over, pts are left out in the cold now. peace is nice but wanting it to early is called giving up.