Purchasing Seeds Online Legal Or Not?

http://www.findlegaladvice.org/forum/Law-Ethics/Is-it-legal-to-import-marijuana-seeds-into-the-USA-322800.htm

read their opinions and then know the answer is NO. DEA says no and so does post office works as well

It is not legal although you probley will not get prosecuted or anything for it if caught.

According to a 2001 ruling by the U.S. Department of Justice, any substance containing any trace amounts of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, the active ingredient in marijuana) is subject to the same laws as marijuana according to the DEA Controlled Substances Act. This includes the trace amounts of THC found in hemp seeds.

Read more: U.S. Law on Hemp Seeds | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7691446_law-hemp-seeds.html#ixzz2MJN69XPy

Edited by hic

Hi new patient/cg here. Just wondering it its safe/legal to be purchasing seeds online from seed banks. A little paranoid about this seems to be some gray areas here any advice?

I would add I have heard stories from guys who have ordered what was advertised as incredible 40% Thc 1 to 1 CBD etc. that don't always turnout that way.

Not entirely legal but it is safe. If you are a registered patient it should be legal on a State level but it is illegal on a Federal level.

If by any chance they don't make it through customs you just get a letter saying that this item is not allowed into the country.

Attitude Seeds guarantees delivery if you purchase the stealth option.

Enter the code "420" at checkout and get 10% off.

its legal under state law for a patient/cg to aquire seeds for medical use.

many people here have ordered seeds online without trouble.

dont take this as legal advice.

True true but get the DEA on phone and ask if you can import seeds from tude.

Yes you can order from tude and be fine.

True is also the 40% thc bull crap false advertising as the harvester has pointed out on some strains descriptions.

To answer question take a quick look at seed companies disclaimers.lol

USA is one of the countries it is not legal ya know.

If legal why did customs take my seeds?

Edited by hic

Not entirely legal but it is safe. If you are a registered patient it should be legal on a State level but it is illegal on a Federal level.

If by any chance they don't make it through customs you just get a letter saying that this item is not allowed into the country.

Attitude Seeds guarantees delivery if you purchase the stealth option.

Enter the code "420" at checkout and get 10% off.

I got a mug on the way Wild Bill, and it was less than the discount amount! I didn't want to go through them, but after waiting over 2 weeks for my locally procured seeds to sprout and seeing nothing, I want to put some new seed in the same rockwool and water and see what happens. If they sprout, I will know I was sold deads.

I would add I have heard stories from guys who have ordered what was advertised as incredible 40% Thc 1 to 1 CBD etc. that don't always turnout that way.

you are after all buying seeds..... they make a suggestion of what is possible..... not saying they dont lead you on. but buying ten seeds doesnt mean you get what they grew out. forever white russian was the strongest tested, simon at serious seeds will tell you they tested a 1k plants and got that result once. its a treasure hunt, a pheno hunt, whatever..

I got a mug on the way Wild Bill, and it was less than the discount amount! I didn't want to go through them, but after waiting over 2 weeks for my locally procured seeds to sprout and seeing nothing, I want to put some new seed in the same rockwool and water and see what happens. If they sprout, I will know I was sold deads.

hope you have better luck....as for the local chap...ive popped a few of his beans from several dif strains and ive never had one problem... including the one you had problems with, even just got another pack of those. who knows.... sorry for your problems either way.

* it will be a min....but when i get to germ those beans im happy to hook up up with a clone from the keeper.

Edited by GanjaWarrior

Can anyone find a story of anyone ever charged for buying seeds online? I couldnt.( I only spent 2 mins.)

no senders are the ones they go after.... i know its not much of a security blanket but they cant (imo) pursue you for such things.... if it were really that simple id order seeds for my fav folks in lansing and the white house.... anyone can place an order, and have it sent anywhere. yes with some work they might track your credit card or whatever, but thats alot to go to to charge you with 11 seeds.

hope you have better luck....as for the local chap...ive popped a few of his beans from several dif strains and ive never had one problem... including the one you had problems with, even just got another pack of those. who knows.... sorry for your problems either way.

* it will be a min....but when i get to germ those beans im happy to hook up up with a clone from the keeper.

Thanks GW, that is very kind. Here is my issue with what I bought so far, I got a pack of 10 in a ziploc bag, and did not receive them from the person whose name is on the brand. So what I am thinking is if I am going to brand and put my reputation on the line through a distributor, I would highly consider some tamper proof packs. It is very possible I did something wrong, but in my mind re-using the blocks and same distilled water should give me a clearer picture of what went wrong. This is another reason I didn't order really expensive seeds this time, but mostly cup winners nonetheless.

• 4 weeks later...

I have purchased seeds from a member on this board. actually one that has posted in this thread and I had no problems with any. the great whites that he sold me all ended being male except 1 but that was actually a good thing for me. and from what I was able to check on the strains they were what I was told they were. I have since then ordered from attitude using the stealth option I have never had any issues ( knock on wood) just use caution when buying FEM seeds way to many going hermie. do some research see which breeder has been around a while and search reviews you will find out who has unstable genes. just my thoughts on the situation.