Igrow Induction Lighting

blindman21

Sorry Guys I don't mean to harass but sometimes you have to tell it like it is. A spade is a spade

Yes we have products for sale and will be launching our plant light product line in a couple of days but we are being very careful. We have the final field tests coming back in from several professional growers that have used both the single and double spectrum products.

I originally got into this forum to learn and find other professional growers to give us feedback.

I apologize to SteveyG but I am an induction professional and know more about the market, manufacturing and availability of products than almost anyone in the USA. We are not going into this to be a main stay business we are adding this to our already established business because YOU the growers are being exploited just BECAUSE you are a grower.

In defense of growers like SteveyG, let's call them “Super users” they may want or need the power of a single spectrum bulb because of their set up and desires. I perturbs me that SteveyG is writing us off  and lump us in to a group along with companies that sale non-UL single spectrum cheap products is not right. We have researched and tested our products long before we decided to come to market. And will be offering single and double spectrum lights.

I apologize again if I offended but sorry guys as much as you guys know about growing is as much as I know about induction lighting. You are promisted a gold mine just to buy a $1,200 single spectrum and then another flowering lamp for $500 bucks is the shaft.

Well i would be happy to throw in my two cents real quickly as i hope not to get sucked into a manufacturer / grower back and forth so here it goes.

A plant needs a vegetative frequency and then a bloom frequency and growers know that.  I am not questioning your knowledge of induction lighting i am questioning your knowledge of growing plants.  Have you even grow a medicinal plant?   

you keep saying that igrow is all smoke and mirrors but at the same time your profile says you are in kentucky, you send me a direct contact with a Texas fax number and a non existent US area code.  Come on, i get your a competitor and that you are trying to enter the market place and want to bald talk the company that is leading the way, thats cool, i understand competition and teach a lot of those things to my students.  

Spectrum charts and words can be manipulated but my pictures and grow trials are all real and i dont know how else to prove that then actual pictures movies and getting with other growers who have had great results with crops.  you have nothing but slander and manufacturer b.s. just like inda gro had and smart grow had and that is the main reason i started with igrow.  the store i get them from knowns there stuff, tested their lights before they took them on and helped me understand how to grow with them.  

Keep selling on the forums and i will keep growing with the best induction light, it is the best because no matter what you the expert in induction lighting and not plant lighting says my veg kicks donkey and my bloom is amazing at doing the job intended.  I have tried dual spectrum HPS, LED, CFL tried them all.  When it comes to these forums it becomes like i first stated growers like me defending manufacturers and that is pretty stupid because i share my information so that growers can grow better not to discredit and slander.

I hope people are smarter than that, but maybe not.

Good luck in Kentucky, Texas and where ever else you may be.

peace out

SteveyG

Steve,

1. Why the heck are you hung up on my location and fax number?

2. I have offices and location in KY, California and New Jersey and I some time work from the beach in North Carolina.  I really can’t see how my physical location means bupkis about induction and grow lighting. Please stay on point.  We (Innovative Induction lighting ) IIL sales products all across the unites states and Mexico and do very well providing excellent products to Graybar, Rexel, CES, CED and 7 of the top ten electrical supply houses. We have pilot projects going on with organic grow shops in our area and independent growers so get off the reputation. WE ARE LIGIT. Next point

3. Testing. Yes we have testing and reports from the manufacture and several plant light professionals so we are not selling smoke and mirrors. The report is 48 pages and filled with par levels on almost every plant light source out there and written by an induction professional who sole job is to consult with induction companies in China to build a better light. If you weren’t so obstinateI would have already sent them to you.

4. Answer the question do you work for iGrow? From your closed mind and blog site it is apparent that you are/were or going to be compensated by iGrow for selling their product. You even branded the page with their logos. And for the record the single spectrum light and ballast landed cost in the USA is less than $300 bucks. To charge 4 times that price is what?  One hell of a great fixture for 900 bucks?

5. Are you an induction professional? Have you been to china to see the manufacturing process? Man, I didn’t want to throw all the dirt out there and go scorched earth but you have forced me to iGrow is partnered with Everlast. Go to

http://www.everlastlight.com/company/about-us.html

and the go to

http://www.igrowlights.com/index.php/about-us

Everlast buys their lights from JK lighting in China. I have been to the manufacturing plant in China. I have seen the manufacturing process, have you?  

6. Can you tell me the difference between slander and the truth?

7. Can you provide us with the iGrow PAR charts?  

SteveyG, I am just trying to keep the growers from being screwed. Hell buddy if you want a single spectrum I will be happy to sale you one for half of what you are paying now.

Wow we have both wasted enough time on this but at least the truth is out there.

Not sure about brands, but I know 2 successful growers now that spent the big money on the one Horizen Hydroponics is pushing.

Neither one of them even finished aflip with it. Both went back to their HPS around week 5. Very obvious it doesn't perform as promised.

Makes a decent veg light, but nowhere near worth the money.

It's like the LED thing all over again.

NSMN8R, I am curious to hear more about the experiences from 2 successful growers.  HH has been pushing these lights and I think it is a lot of marketing and profits.  Induction guy is right, these lights shouldnt cost more than $500.  They are ripping us off because they are "grow" lights.

Closing remarks and statement about this thread conversation:

I will numerically order them like inductionguy has done with my response:

1. I am not hung up on your location and fax number, it is mine and should be everyone concern who they are purchasing products from these days.  Just seems odd, thats it.

2.     Never said that you were not legit, i am sure you are in the induction lighting business.   Would be nice to know something about you and your company than a very ordinary website with commercial induction lights like so many other companies carry.  Including Full Spectrum Solutions, which by the way i even learned more by you sharing the link with me.  I am very impressed with the owners reputation, longevity in the lighting business and he just one the Michigan Manufacturer of 2012.  To the growers on this site that award and his business and his expertise in lighting and using Michigan workers makes me even happier to have my igrow lights.   If he is making the lights for igrow than that is pretty awesome, what awards have you received in your manufacturing facilities in Kentucky, California, Mexico and on the beach in North Carolina?  

3.     It would make sense that you have all this testing if you are going to spend money entering this segment of lighting, i have no problems with you not sharing that information now with me, i am sure you have plans to release that to the world and will read that when it is available.  But it comes down to growing plants with a new technology and who knowns how to use it.  Your light or igrow there is going to be a learning curve which i know personally,  i hope that you have a plan to assist growers like the store i purchased them from does with me, couldnt have learned how to use it without them.

4.     I am not compensated from igrow and as i have openly express the only reason i started the blog is because got sucked into a back and forth with another manufacturer and his planted shillers when i just wanted to help share how this light is working and if dialed in the right way can be a game changer.  This interaction proves that i have made the right choice and makes me want to work on that even more.  Who markets their lights on a forums,  you didnt have a agenda when you came on a Michigan site when you are in Kentucky, California, Mexico and on the beach in North Carolina.

5.    I am not an induction lighting professional, but i am a grower, who has some street smarts which makes me ask the questions that i have about igrow and you.  Like i said before, I am proud to have igrow lights made by Everlast the Michigan manufacturer of the year! What a great partnership and if he is making them in China at JK then he is making something special because these are not the same as other induction lights, i talk with enough growers who have inda gro and smart gro who let me know, maybe your special one bulb does it all can equal it, maybe?

6.   There is really no truth to anything unless you put your thoughts into verbal or written words.  Sorry philosophy teacher.  So the only truth that i know from my experience is that you are just another company bad talking their competition and finding "the truth" "a spades a spade" "cat out of the bag"  

7.    I agree we have wasted enough time on this, it is a complete waste of time to have a grower go back in forth with a person who is trying to discredit their competition and especially the competition who is having the most success.  

I wish you all the luck with your new venture and hope that you are successful.  I believe that there is a huge market for induction lighting and if you can produce like the lights i have from igrow then i am sure that everyone will be prosperous.  But time to find a better way to market your products then forums and the only true b.s. you said which is you just joined to see what other growers thought.

Now to my fellow growers:

nsmn8r,   really?  why would you even join this post to say something like that.  makes no sense to anyone with common sense.  If you spent anytime reading about induction lights you would know that this is a light that is not a hps.  I had a learning curve and i am sure everyone will, just like i had a learning curve when i started using hps.  Maybe your growers you know and know the store they got their lights from, but dont seem to remember the brand, sure, should have known what they are getting into before they spent the money.  And to give up after 5 weeks, seriously, who purchases something and stops using before they are even done.  they should have just added it to their hps if they were so concerned.  

Make sure they contact the store that they got it from and i am sure they will be helpful as the store was that i purchased them from.  Im killing it now, but if i gave up after 5 weeks i would have never known.  

garyfisher:

maybe i should ask the same question induction guy wrote me " are you getting paid by induction guy?"  who actually joins a post at this point and says that?  why even put your two cents in about marketing and profits and just be a hater.  Oh, forgot forums are for manufacturers, haters, shiller and sometimes growers.  

Value is something that each individual puts on something.  I have paid alot of money for my igrow lights and have gotten it all back in less than 6 months and i have learned how to become a even better grower than i was using 1000 watt hps.  Cant put a price on success.

i apologize for any sarcasm  or distaste in my thread responses to the people of this site and induction guy.  i will do the best i can to stay away from forums even when i feel it is not fair for product sales people to be on them pimping their products or opening b.s. threads.

i love my family, my children and my beautiful garden and the fruit it brings me.  No more time on negitivity.  I hope everyone can stop being haters and enjoy the fact that growers and starting to realize that we cant continue to use as much energy as we do and impact our environment so negatively   It a good thing.  Start threads about how good things are working and good things can be or our country will never go anywhere.

peace out

SteveyG

garyfisher:

maybe i should ask the same question induction guy wrote me " are you getting paid by induction guy?"  who actually joins a post at this point and says that?  why even put your two cents in about marketing and profits and just be a hater.  Oh, forgot forums are for manufacturers, haters, shiller and sometimes growers.  

I dont understand how this is directed at me.  I didn't mention marketing nor profits nor am I hating.  I am a genuinelyinterested grower.   All I asked is if this dude is harassing you on other forums.  Anyways, I dont care for drama, so, Do you have threads with grows with induction lighting or not?

Summer is coming and I need alternaties to the hot HPS lighting that requires tons of AC.

How much heat does the igrow put out?  What size footprint can be sucessfully flowered?

How dense are the flowers?

I just purchased two 900w LED systems last night.  Hopefully they will pay for themselves in one grow and if I dont like them, I can sell them.

Edited by garyfisher

gary, no harm no drama, but reading your reply it does say that HH is all about marketing and profits, but either way man good luck with those LED's i tried so many and never produced the way i wanted them to and i tried for many grows.

I have a blog that i started called growwithinduction.com  you can check out my grows and also other growers from around the country who are joining me in a safe place to put their experiences using igrow online without manufacturer planted threads.

If it is not inda gro , smart grow, induction guy , brotherhood or whomever they are all doing the same thing.  Marketing thru smear campaigns on forums.  I'm sorry if i offended.

peace out

as for the spectrems and pars for lights i lean toward the guys who have been growing in the 

dark for years with cropping to the max. and all the majors are there 

LEDs took a jump the last 10 months or so...

We are so behind times as we cant be a leader in everything ;) 

Europe is the leader... for lights  so why havent the usa caught on yet?

because the commerical grower greats will not spend the money yet... here

it is starting.... and great changes are expected in the immediate future...

The Farm wars are here!.. its starting.. expect huge changes in the grow industry

peace an love......

From what I understand, growing with 400 watt HPS and MH is more prevalent in Europe, unlike the US where 1000 watters are preferred.  As such, its easier to see the possibility that a high powered LED or induction lamp might possibly compare to a 400 watt HPS.  This may be why we see more innovative approaches in Europe.  It would seem that a 1000 watter is a pretty large hammer that is difficult to replicate with such dainty tools as an led or induction light.

I have run them all...400 what hps/mh, leds, and induction lights.  But I only fool around with stuff...I am not a serious grower/caregive that needs high yields on a consistent basis.  1000 watts is out of my league. 

• 2 months later...

come on people, you really think there's a magic light with no heat that can grow as well as HPS/MH?

there will be technology that will take over growing industry, but it won't be a new play on old news.

it will be something new. my guess? true plasma. so bright it must be reflected and diffused before even being seen by eyes or plants. such penetrating power, 1 light will cover a small room. a piece of the sun!

without basically building a "tanning bed" to illuminate your plants so no leaf is farther than 8" from a bulb or closer than 1", NO fluorescent fixture can get positive results. THEY JUST DON'T PENETRATE. the lights being discussed here are nothing more than $600 T5's perfect for cloning, pre-veg or tanning bed grows. not even suitable as supplementary lighting unless the 8/1 rule is applied.

anyone who says different is trying to sell you snakeoil

bring us something new and I'll be the first in line. bring more hype, lies and snakeoil.........I'll still be here, dishing out the truth.

this is going from bad to worse. I'm getting REALLY sick of the profiteers selling inferior, inadequate, or over-hyped grow systems, nutrient solutions, light kits, pest control..........EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK

I want what works, not what makes you or a growshop the highest profit. a new grower has no chance if their advisors are salesman/growshop owners, unless they wanted to spend all their money and produce nothing.

I want what works, not what makes you or a growshop the highest profit. a new grower has no chance if their advisors are salesman/growshop owners, unless they wanted to spend all their money and produce nothing.

I think that sums it up however I think you get too 'broad brush' in that no other technology competes with HID.  With the cost of power going up and the price of herb being what it is there really is a compelling interest in bringing in high quality, quicker to harvest at a g/w or better crops.  I don't think legitimate companies like HTG would get involved with induction unless it offered some benefits.  Beings that they are going to manufacture their own line would indicate that they plan on cutting out the snake oil and standing behind a technology that has some potential.  We shall see.  A review of their site doesn't show any induction though.  Plasma yes.  Induction no. 

ttp://www.htgsupply.com/Category-Plasma-Grow-Lights.asp

There are some reviews on amazon that can be some indication of what's being sold but those 'raving' 5 star reviews are almost always generated by the company selling the stuff.  I get more from the 3 star (or less) reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/181-0600308-1497863?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=induction%20grow%20lights

Show me journals, galleries, weights, smoke reports and you have got my attention. 

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

come on people, you really think there's a magic light with no heat that can grow as well as HPS/MH?

Yes, I know first hand but there is some heat.  800watts and 1 4" fan running at 60%.  Primary room is 8x7x7'.

RH is 55%, temp is 75˚.  I do have a small AC that kicks on maybe once every 2 hours for a few minutes.  Primarily use it to control RH.

Here's the LED that I designed.  Subject is MOC's Northern Lights.

post-38964-0-79287600-1424997753_thumb.jpg

post-38964-0-71805800-1424997766_thumb.jpg

post-38964-0-85481100-1424997785_thumb.jpg

post-38964-0-63093500-1424997810_thumb.jpg