New 6K Room Build Out

Faygo

Very nice setup you got there Faygo. I always enjoy reading your threads. 

I have pretty much the same setup you got going...only difference I can see... I air cool my 6 Magnum XXL hoods, and I have a 2 1/2 ton Minisplit. Other than that...almost exactly the same. I run my electric the same way you got yours as well. 

Nice set up man.

I agree the three ton is a good idea for 6 lights especially if it's not insulated that good. I usually figure about 4500 btu/1000W in a well insulated space, but you also have to figure in heat from the dehumidifiers and that co2 burner.

Speaking of dehumidifiers, I found 70 pint per day machines at Lowe's the other day for $200. 3 of those would keep it perfect in there.

So you're running the Solisteks on the built in timers? Do you have any kind of temp sensor hooked up that will shut the lights off if the AC poops out on you?

i forgot to mention this 3 ton AC also acts as a 2 gallon per hour dehumidifier. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone

Good thinking on the temp sensor i will rig something up for that

Edited by Faygo

yeah i won't need to aircool my hoods. why do you need to when you can just get a 3 ton to do all the work for you.

Yeah I hear that.

I dont need to aircool...the minisplit keeps it plenty cool enough without. The only reason I do is because I already had my air cooling system setup before I got my minisplit, so since I already had it, I just kept it running. During the winter when the temps are cool most of the time my ac doesnt even run...my room stay at 75-77F with lights on.

I know one thing...I will never use air cooled hoods again if I can avoid it. Total PITA to clean them after every run. Im thinking in a few months im gonna unhook all that bunny muffin and let the AC do its thing.

For a high temp cutout I used a 40A  Square D DPDT(dual pole dual throw) 120v coil relay. I hooked the trigger coil up to my cooling outlet on my room controller and set it to 90F.

Looks like you'd probably want two to handle the amperage, but it's relatively simple to double them up. I connected my 240v feed from my light timer to the relay (one on each pole) and then to the ballasts. The reason I used a dual throw is when the room controller calls for cool and trips the relay, shutting the lights off, you can connect the 'hot room' throw to a couple of flourescent lights (after stepping the 240 from the relay down to 120) so it doesn't screw up your light cycle.

Had a couple issues with power outage re-setting my heat pump so it wouldn't kick on, and it functioned perfectly.

This could be done the same way with a 120v heating thermostat for a salamander heater as well, you just swap out the 'hot room' wires with the wires going to your ballasts. That way, when the therm stops calling for heat, it trips the relay and kills the lights.

I think this is almost exactly like the one I used, different brand:

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00053766/k-G2053134?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google_Shopping_Feed&kw={keyword}&gclid=CIO_2-O-wbYCFQWpnQodVxUAgQ

3X748_AS01.JPG

Same relay can be used to build a flip box.

Edited by Northern Lab

• 3 months later...

Must be nice to be able to have the market for all of your wares I'm close to being done growing for others  nobody's calling and theres no money to pay my grow costs you must have some rich patients to afford all of this cool stuff you showcase .

Bro do you ever have anything good to say.  Stop whining and get off ur rear if your not happy with your grow or your patients.

The grow looks good.  I would have just put in a Mini-split AC though.  way esier.  all you neeed to run a 220 outlet right to the Circuit breaker that is your running on 200 amps.

Over all the grow looks good.  ...EXCEPT that burner in the middle.  I know a guy who started a fire in his grow but he is lucky he has a fire alarm and it tripped and set off this red thingy can't remember the name of it or his entire crib would have been up in smoke...get it..lol...up in smoke..hha

Those C02 burners are NOT for home use.  The ballasts could have been spaced out a inch or two but over all nice grow  set up dude..!!

Bro do you ever have anything good to say.  Stop whining and get off ur rear if your not happy with your grow or your patients.

The grow looks good.  I would have just put in a Mini-split AC though.  way esier.  all you neeed to run a 220 outlet right to the Circuit breaker that is your running on 200 amps.

Over all the grow looks good.  ...EXCEPT that burner in the middle.  I know a guy who started a fire in his grow but he is lucky he has a fire alarm and it tripped and set off this red thingy can't remember the name of it or his entire crib would have been up in smoke...get it..lol...up in smoke..hha

Those C02 burners are NOT for home use.  The ballasts could have been spaced out a inch or two but over all nice grow  set up dude..!!

Excellant point MCM, that thing is a Fire Extinguisher of some sort. What da ya think about the Water Cooled version of his Gen1? Seems it should be considerably safer

Found these things here on a quick search, cheap insurance, ehh   ....A  Fire Extinguisher of some sort.   Check this out  25lbs for $40.00

Edited by solabeirtan

Excellant point MCM, that thing is a Fire Extinguisher of some sort. What da ya think about the Water Cooled version of his Gen1? Seems it should be considerably safer

Found these things here on a quick search, cheap insurance, ehh   ....A Fire Extinguisher of some sort.   Check this out  25lbs for $40.00

It says clealry that those c02 burners are not for home use.  Its a CAP product I think.

This grow was not that tech advanced it pretty much standard.  I for the life of me do not know why guys hate on everything so hard on this site.

King Diamond I am tired of hearing you whine like a lil girl.  If your not happy with your shiet then get of your as- and stop being a critical annie.  everything about this grow is legit and is not hard at all to set up.  I have no building or construction skills and with the help of a contractor did all mine and a licensed electrician.  and a HVAC guy but after my first MIni -split was installed I put the second one in.  You just need to flush the line then dump the r-410 thru the lines prior to use.

Other than that to operate and have quality environmentals to compliment TRUE ELITE gentics you have to spend money.  Or put in you relbow grease this stuff is not that hard to do.  You just have to start small and build your way up once you get a couple grand from working then design a build out.

i wish more guys had rooms like this.  Well actually no...stay growing in closets it makes guys like us looks like the pros.....LOL.

Edited by motorcitymeds

No one said boo to me at the gro-store. Guess thats NOT what they're in business for. I even ordered the conversion kit to hook it up to NatGas[ConEnergy].  another$80.

Motorcitymeds, what say you on my pick for the Fire Bomb thing*, is this the shiit, or .... ?

Over all the grow looks good.  ...EXCEPT that burner in the middle.  I know a guy who started a fire in his grow but he is lucky he has a fire alarm and it tripped and set off this red thingy* can't remember the name of it or his entire crib would have been up in smoke...get it..lol...up in smoke..hha

Sorry that other link's messed up! Is this like the red thingy*

Edited by solabeirtan

• 5 months later...

good job Faygo..

Great work !

thank you for sharing....

looks like some patients will be getting an adequate supply of this amazing plant with your efforts..

i would venture a guess you could take care of 5 patients who need maximum yield....possibly with this setup... but maybe not.

the math for BHO i have seen is approximately one ounce of high quality bud equals maybe 4-5 grams of concentrate...

that means a minimum one ounce every other day for someone with an aggressive treatment schedule.

so just one patient using 1-4 grams of concentrate per day to fight off a disease would need 3-4 ounces a week...and a caregiver with a setup like this one would be able to have enough concentrates to effectively provide that..

i can say...

if i am diagnosed with cancer...

i would want to eat as much concentrate as i could get my hands on...

4 grams a day seems like a minimum when a person is trying to save their life..

and then there is juicing cannabis..

excellent pictures.. 

I agree!

And nice room,

Indeed excellent work!

thank you again for sharing them with us..