Rso And Cancer Debate Forum

Jan 2014 I tried to leave Crittenton Hospital in Rochester Hills. The floor RN and my Dr both told me if I did leave,that my insurance would NOT pay for the 10 days I had already been there. Necrotizing pneumonia was my DX. I had been there with the same thing in Jan of 2013.  They both told me that the police could stop me from leaving the hospital. They made so many mistakes they almost killed me. But if you DO leave,no other Hospital will admit you unless under Drs orders. That's how I know.

insurance boondoggles arent really related to a hospital suing you for leaving. i think was hab's point.

twas

And the cops can't stop you from leaving the hospital either. If they really told you that and you bought it I'd say you're a sucker.

You should read the fine print on your insurance contract. Some won't cover certain things if you leave AMA. But the hospital can't sue you for leaving. They can sue you for your bill but that's hardly the same thing.

Hab,I just told you I DID LEAVE. Like I would believe the same people trying to kill me? And actually,the insurance company was on MY side. I know more about my insurance than the employees do. I'm only stupid sometimes. It comes and goes during the day.. So I have to take advantage of it when my mind is clear and I am not confused.They can't sue me for leaving but they can for the bill? Whats the difference??? THEY KNEW THEY WERE WRONG and were scared crapless of me. I still have the same Dr and will go there again..(BY FORCE). Why do you think Hospitals have Patient Advocates? To help PATIENTS deal with the bad care they get. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and started holding the Drs treating me accountable. There are plenty of lawyers out there. I didn't need to do that because we went right to the CEO of the Hospital. With no help from anyone. As long as I can fight for myself,I will. When I can't my family does. This was SERIOUS illness that did plenty of damage to me. Quit telling me what happened. You weren't there.

Yes I'm sure the hospital was trying to kill you.

Leaving a hospital against medical advice (AMA) doesn't mean insurance can deny payment. Insurance companies hafta pay for services that are medically necessary (up to the terms of your insurance contract). We hava little something called informed consent. That means you can refuse medical treatments you don't want. If you go into the ER cuz you crack yer skull and they end up wanting to CT Scan you then you still have the right to refuse the CT and insurance still has to pay for the treatment you did receive that was medically necessary. There might be small things the insurance wouldn't pay for if you left AMA like maybe if you were halfway through some sort of test but I dunno for sure but I highly doubt it. But I do know that informed consent would be out the window if an insurance company could force you to stay in the hospital. They hafta pay. This whole hospital gonna sue ya crap is put out there by low info folks.

Insurers not paying when patients leave hospital against medical advice is a myth Many physicians believe this to be true, but researchers say doctors shouldn’t use insurance to force compliance.

By Victoria Stagg Elliott — Posted July 5, 2012

Print  |   Email  |   Respond  |   Reprints  |   Like ic_facebook20.gif  |   Share ic_linkedin20.gif  |   Tweet ic_twitter20.gif

If you’re a physician telling patients that insurers won’t pay if they don’t follow doctors’ orders, a study says you should stop — because it’s not true.

An article in the July Journal of General Internal Medicine reported an analysis of data on 526 patients leaving against medical advice from University of Chicago hospitals from 2001 to 2010. Of the group, insurers denied 18 payment for hospital care, but this was primarily due to administrative errors such as misspelled names. Not a single claim was turned down for insurance payment because the patient self-discharged.

The authors also surveyed 51 residents and 41 attending physicians at the institution. Sixty-eight percent of residents and 44% of attending physicians said insurers would not pay for a hospital stay if a patient left against medical advice. Also, 71% of residents and 51% of attending physicians always or often told patients they may be held financially responsible for any bills related to the stay if they left against their counsel (link).

Research and anecdotal evidence suggest this nonpayment myth most likely goes beyond the University of Chicago. A survey of 114 residents from other institutions found 40% believed insurers would not pay if patients left against medical advice. When the data were presented as a poster at two medical meetings in 2011, numerous physicians reported to the authors that they believed this to be true.

People who investigated the issue suspect the myth emerged out of a desire to persuade patients to do what physicians believed was best. Eighty-five percent of residents and 67% of attendings said they told patients this information “so they will reconsider staying in the hospital.”

Insurance coverage rules can be byzantine, making them a fertile ground for rumors. And this one, in particular, may have been true for some insurance policies years ago. In 1990, the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled that the state’s BlueCross BlueShield organization could not deny payment for a hospital stay even though the patient left against medical advice.

Researchers said there was no evidence physicians were lying to patients about insurance coverage. However, they said doctors trying to ensure patients are compliant with their care should make their case with correct information.

“Our patients put their trust in us to give them accurate information,” said Gabrielle R. Schaefer, lead author and a fourth-year medical student at the University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Medicine. “Misinformation should not be used to coerce patients to do something.”

The authors say the study indicates that the communication of how new pay models work may be very challenging. For example, several studies have found patients who leave against medical advice have a higher risk of worse outcomes. Within an accountable care organization or other payment model, this behavior may lead to penalties for the institution. This does not, however, mean the patient will be responsible for the bill.

“The landscape is changing so much,” said Vineet Arora, MD, one of the paper’s authors and assistant dean of scholarship and discovery at Pritzker. “There’s a potential for misinformation to be spread, and it’s hard to defuse a rumor because no one actually knows the truth.”

There is evidence that the no-payment myth pops up in emergency departments as well. A study in the April 2010 Annals of Emergency Medicine reviewing 104 patients who left a suburban Level I trauma center against medical advice found insurance paid for all services rendered. Researchers surveyed 70 medical students, residents, attending physicians and nurses, and 57% believed insurance would not pay for the care of these patients. Fifty percent of the health care professionals said they told patients this (link).

• 2 weeks later...

how do we know Rick Simpson is not doing those things?

Because to do it right it can't be a secret. You can't just pop up and say you did something. You have to be out in the open with all the pertinent information from start to finish. There's no official 'Rick Simpson' anything other than Rick Simpson's advertising campaign.

Rick's advertising campaign? LOL you must be the head of it, at least the negative side. I cannot say that I have seen anyone but you put a name behind oil more than you putting Rick's name behind oil. Rick Simpson always calls it Phoenix Tears and Hemp oil. It is others who call it Rick Simpson Oil. I'll bet you boosted up the google search of RSO or Rick Simpson oil all on your own. Again, you must get your facts straight, Rick calls it Hemp Oil and Phoenix Tears. I wonder if your problem is not with Rick, but with cancer patients. It seems to appear that way. Anyway, RSO is no longer good enough for me or any future cancer patients I may deal with. ND Sap, or if it makes you feel better, since you seem to prefer a name behind it, let's call it Goddess Oil. Myself, I prefer to call it ND Sap.

Please, stop advertising Rick Simpson as an oil, it has a name RSO, which was chosen by patients, not Rick. It does offend me that you consider all of the oils as equal. They are not equal. My ND Sap blows the doors off any RSO, medicinally speaking. Why? because there is no heat involved. Which means you are not evaporating out essential terpines, monoterpines, CBDs, and flavanoids. All of which can carry strong medicinal values. As far as I am concerned, heat applied to the oil is garbage oil when compared. Please, stop pushing overheated tarnished oil.

There is a difference between opinion and experience. Since you are such an oil enthusiast, any time you would like to compare oils, I am game. There are many here on this site that would be more than willing and happy to compare oils. Any time little one, I am more than ready.

:P

Finally learned where the term RSO derived from. Many say that Mr. Simpson himself gave it that name, but I have only heard him say Hemp Oil or Phoenix Tears.

There is a person who gave it the name RSO to help patients distinguish the difference between other cannabis oils. It was Jack Herer who first started calling it RSO...

Here is Mr. Simpson's real FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Simpson/298774923502987?fref=nf&pnref=story

Even though I don't make RSO anymore, I make ND Sap. I do fully support Mr. Simpson.

Finally learned where the term RSO derived from. Many say that Mr. Simpson himself gave it that name, but I have only heard him say Hemp Oil or Phoenix Tears.

There is a person who gave it the name RSO to help patients distinguish the difference between other cannabis oils. It was Jack Herer who first started calling it RSO...

Here is Mr. Simpson's real FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Simpson/298774923502987?fref=nf&pnref=story

Even though I don't make RSO anymore, I make ND Sap. I do fully support Mr. Simpson.

Well then you haven't been paying attention. Rick himself called it Rick Simpson Oil all the time. Over and over. 

Now who could even AFFORD this oil when one tiny syringe costs 250 bucks?  I realize it takes a lot to produce it and would trust one person here,but whats to stop the creeps from making some gawdawful poison and claim it is the oil? I would try it,but I sure wouldn't give it to my child with leukemia and no immune system. No Drs would want to work with a pt on this. And they would probably report the parents using it on a child. I see articles all the time where parents have to take their child AWAY from chemo and the Hospital sues them!

Regardless of price, I wouldn't trust others to make oil for me. you can make your own oil safely and easily.

I just do a frozen extraction with 192 proof polish vodka. After filtering, pour into a pyrex dish and let it evaporate with a fan, no heat involved. Grain alcohol offers low fumes compared to 99% iso. The grain alcohol fumes are relatively safe to breath. Just leave a little alcohol in the oil so it is a bit runny, pour into small glass vials and store for 100 days. It will naturally decarb and contain more medicinal properties than any heated oil.

This is only about 3 to 4 grams of oil made from one ounce of my best buds from Strawberry Cough. Just cracked this open last night and tried it today. I must say, I am feeling pretty good. Just a couple drops is all it takes.

QWET ND Sap 11 2 14 025

QWET ND Sap 11 2 14 027

GG,just block him so you don't have to see his ranting posts. I feel lots better not seeing them,and have pity for him because he is obviously mentally ill. Don't waste your time on a bum when there are many people that need your help and deserve it. This guy won't quit,he is like a rotten child. Love ya and keep doing what you know is right.

GG,just block him so you don't have to see his ranting posts. I feel lots better not seeing them,and have pity for him because he is obviously mentally ill. Don't waste your time on a bum when there are many people that need your help and deserve it. This guy won't quit,he is like a rotten child. Love ya and keep doing what you know is right.

Maynard is wrong on a lot of stuff but he is right on this.  Rick Simpson didn't invent cannabis oil.

Regardless of price, I wouldn't trust others to make oil for me. you can make your own oil safely and easily.

I just do a frozen extraction with 192 proof polish vodka. After filtering, pour into a pyrex dish and let it evaporate with a fan, no heat involved. Grain alcohol offers low fumes compared to 99% iso. The grain alcohol fumes are relatively safe to breath. Just leave a little alcohol in the oil so it is a bit runny, pour into small glass vials and store for 100 days. It will naturally decarb and contain more medicinal properties than any heated oil.

Excellent simplified technique, thank you. Isnt it wonderful how we go so far forward, only to return to where we began. I do the same/similar as you and can attest to the facts you state.

It will naturally decarb and contain more medicinal properties than any heated oil. Its physics not magic right. Terpenoids, the very medicinal constituents we speak of and desire, are vaporized at vastly different temperatures. some are gone at low temps, and some at much higher temps. Adding heat will ultimately vaporize one medicinal terpenoid profile at a time. Losing even one is counterproductive in my opinion, unless targeting a specific profile end result, a ridiculous notion on a stovetop environment for sure.

peace, love that last pic! nice representation.