Rso And Cancer Debate Forum

Patience got the best of me and I didn't read everything in this thread (we all need a collective internet hug), so forgive me if its been said, but pay attention to terpenes if you have cancer patients. RSO does a good job to release terpenes during the process. I might recommend a juicing component along with RSO if that is your choice for oral application.

Research says citrus and berry/fruity profiles are most beneficial for cancer patients as far as terpenes.These profiles usually have higher levels of limonene and myrcene. We should expect to see a ton of orange, pineapple, mango, tango type strains coming through medical breeding programs.

Funny those are the types of strains I gravitate towards and am working to achieve/recollect.  My old strains I'm looking to recreate are juicy fruit, crunchberry, grape bubble yum, black cherry soda, lemon berry and just added orange creamsicle(orange crush/juicy fruit) and realize plushberry and bubble gum were definitely in that group too.

Edited by Norby

My  33 yr old daughter just got DXed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. She had her bone marrow testing yesterday. I talked to GG,have any of you any leukemia pts you are treating? Would any of you buy the oil at a dispensary? Would you trust it? She should get the results before  10 days. According to what I have read from Mayo and Cleveland clinics about this cancer,she has symtoms of end stages. Many people do not even know they have it until other routine blood testing like WBC are checked. Her WBC is very high,and has been for a long time. Any research I can read would really be appreciated. We don't know what kind of poison chemo she will have until the results from the marrow come back,that should be about a week. Would any of you trust a disp to buy the oil? I don't even know if it can help her. I am just grasping at straws,trying to do SOMETHING NOW. THIS IS OUR ONLY DAUGHTER.Not asking for anything just research so I can know more about the oil and if it affects blood cancers.

My  33 yr old daughter just got DXed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. She had her bone marrow testing yesterday. I talked to GG,have any of you any leukemia pts you are treating? Would any of you buy the oil at a dispensary? Would you trust it? She should get the results before  10 days. According to what I have read from Mayo and Cleveland clinics about this cancer,she has symtoms of end stages. Many people do not even know they have it until other routine blood testing like WBC are checked. Her WBC is very high,and has been for a long time. Any research I can read would really be appreciated. We don't know what kind of poison chemo she will have until the results from the marrow come back,that should be about a week. Would any of you trust a disp to buy the oil? I don't even know if it can help her. I am just grasping at straws,trying to do SOMETHING NOW. THIS IS OUR ONLY DAUGHTER.Not asking for anything just research so I can know more about the oil and if it affects blood cancers.

Sorry to hear that.  I am familiar with that type of cancer.  One of my high school buddy's sister had it several years ago. Treatment is more tolerable than chemo for other forms of cancer and it is a very curable form of cancer.  The vast majority of patients beat it. I'm sure the dr will want her to start treatment asap. If it was me I wouldn't give her any alternative meds without first checking with the dr becuz you don't want them interacting with what she is prescribed or causing immune system probs.

Thank you Hab. I did ask the Dr right away if he knew anything about the oil,he said no. HAB........ I am ashamed the way I talked to you,I needed psych treatment and got it. I was a smart azz and decided I didn't need my nutty meds,so went off them. Not a good thing to do. I hurt other people and made them hate me,something I can never take back. And now I must experience the bad Karma to pay for what I did.

Here is some info from BadKitty Smiles that I've been trying to find since the decarb discussion about what is "better" started. It's geared toward edibles but the general decarb info applies to all uses. It seems "better" is relative to what you need.

====================================================================================

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1031383-looking-most-potent-edible-recipe.html

The below describes the 'range' of effects provided by different levels of activation, their benefits, and the desired outcome for the patients who choose them.

Starting with:

The least activation, producing a bioavailable solution of mostly carboxyl-intact acid components; Continuing right through to decarboxylation, and active cannabinoids and chemicals, free of their carboxyl groups; And finally finishing with degradation and the byproducts of degraded THC.

1.) - Some patients require 'inactive' but bioavailable THCA, CBNA, CBDA and the other (to us) 'inactive acids', and in flowers those doses can range from .05g to as high as 4.5g, without 'doping up' or intoxicating a patient much, if at all even at the highest doses. These are cold tinctures, processed with material that is as fresh as possible, without decarbing.

Cold, but most importantly bioavailable extractions (more than just 'juicing' plant matter is required!), provide powerful anti-cancer/mutagenic, anti-seizure/spasmodic benefits and they provide wonderful pain relief without reducing sensation of touch, they reduce swelling and inflammation even in lower doses, and especially at higher doses, and they provide especially wonderful relief for specifically for MS, Parkinson's, as well as for generally frail patients, and also for those suffering from seizures.

Where it takes literally only a day or two to build up a tolerance to the highest of doses, and these oils and tinctures do not make a person feel overwhelmed, they are wonderful for treating patients who suffer from very powerful seizures, and similar attacks. Cannabis is incredibly non-toxic, an incredibly larger dose may be given to both provide relief, and to control the symptoms of more intense attacks, preventing further injury.

These oils and tinctures are also somewhat mood elevating, but still, for the most part it's without that medicated feeling. You will have very good pain relief, without losing your sensation of touch.

2.) - The first sensations (following a cold tincture that has had no activation) of an oil or tincture with only limited or partial activation and decent bioavailability, are primarily cerebral.
In higher doses, these under-processed edibles can cause some mild anxiety and even paranoia in some patients; hyperventilating, 'room-spins', racing-mind/thoughts, even vomiting, these are not uncommon side-effects of over-consumption of THC and trace amounts of THCA, when they are consumed in quantity, minus some of the important experience-regulating byproducts,of degradation.

3.) - Then, some patients want to feel relaxed, nicely buzzed but still functional, and they need something that elevates their mood without gluing them to the couch. In which case edibles decarbed and processed in oil, as described in most of the tutorials here, are a great place to start.
For those first starting out with edibles, I make sure their first few doses are about half of what they'd normally smoke in a single session, or in a single day if they are heavy smokers. Once they know what to expect, the average dose most people are satisfied with (but at the sane time they are not too overwhelmed by), is right around the same amount used in a 24 hour period. It's strong enough to either keep them from smoking quite as much in a day, or it actually out-right replaces their smoking for the day.

So if you smoke a gram a day, you'll want to eat between a half gram, to a gram in a well-processed edible. I like to split my daily dose into two to three smaller doses. Sometimes I take them in quick succession, sometimes I spread them out, and finish with a 'sleeper'... Deciding what level of processing you need, can be the tricky part.

4.) - The longer you heat in oil (to a certain extent, up to four or five hours), the more 'body intensive' the sensations will become, without a noticeable diminish in potency.

At these levels of activation you have highly effective pain relief, that can sometimes be powerful enough to effect sensitivity to touch.... for instance if you have a low tolerance, you may notice that you become clumsy, or 'loose and wobbly' on well-activated oil, you may lose some sensation of touch.

Four to six hours in oil at 220 f, or longer, and I'm either stuck to the couch, or falling fast asleep!

5.) Any longer than a few hours at such temperatures will reduce THC content. But while 'perceived potency' diminishes, and the ratio of THC begins to fall, the material becomes overloaded with byproducts of degraded THC, primarily in the form of delta-8-THC and CBN, and when combined they are powerfully sedative.

While their effects may seem weak during the time you can keep your eyes open, these oils and tinctures usually knock a patient  out cold within 45 - 60 minutes, leaving them well rested upon waking the following morning (or afternoon)!

Thank you Hab. I did ask the Dr right away if he knew anything about the oil,he said no. HAB........ I am ashamed the way I talked to you,I needed psych treatment and got it. I was a smart azz and decided I didn't need my nutty meds,so went off them. Not a good thing to do. I hurt other people and made them hate me,something I can never take back. And now I must experience the bad Karma to pay for what I did.

You know what, it's all good.  We're humans.  We can have petty arguments and we get mad for a few days but then we, as humans, move on.  But when it comes to something like this we will all come together.

And karma be damned, your daughter's cancer isn't your fault.  When you hear cancer it has gotta be one of the worst things in life.  But hearing that your child has it is another thing altogether. 

I hope you can try and stay positive for your daughter because her immune system will be important and when we get depressed that suffers.  Let her know that you are super scared for her but that your research has showed that odds are big time in her favor that she WILL beat this.  And it's true.  She'll have a rough go for a while but the drugs she'll have to take aren't nearly as bad as a lot of chemo treatments and she'll be functional. And the truth is that that type of cancer is beatable in the upper 90 something percent of the time.  And she's young so that always helps.

Don't know where she lives but I bet if she needs help with anything and you post here you will get people willing to cook, clean, rake leaves, whatever.  Including myself.  I am all over this state on jobsites regularly and it would be nothing for me to swing by and rake leaves for an hour or shovel snow or whatever (if she's in the state).  She wouldn't want me to cook (haha) but I can take a really good take out order!  And I'm willing to pay it forward if she has financial problems.  So just keep that in mind.

Sometimes we argue online like middle school kids over petty stuff, and we get over it. When push comes to shove, this community bands together and pretty quickly gets past the petty arguments when someone is really in need. I'd guess that your karma is still intact. Some folks like Hab will awesomely step up and help with just about anything. (thanks Hab)

Others, the best contribution might be to help with some oil.

So if your daughter's oncologist is good with her taking some oil, please let us know, and I'm pretty sure that at least a few members (self included) will step up and help. Please keep us posted.

I would not consume an open bottle of anything at the grocery store, where everything is regulated. Illegal profits come to mind in the oil fields of dispensary debauchery.

if oil is the way for your family, talk to me in private hun.

this has nothing to do with karma either. you caused many of us to examine our own faults, more so than to focus on yours, making this a better place almost overnight. no worries, don't you leave us again though. 

Thank you all very much. Words can't say enough. And we have so many questions....The first one I asked was about alternative therapies with marijuana,he just shook his head. But we will do whatever she wants to and I will still ask her if she wants a second opinion,the closest place would be at U of M,they have a pretty good Hemo Dept. I am not afraid to ask about MMJ....what frightens me the most is the lack of knowledge about it and most Drs don't WANT to know anything about it. The posters on this site know more,and I am thankful for the blogs and info that other pts and CGs have taken the time to post and share. I have read everything here,most of it 4 times until I understand it. I trust this sites bloggers more than strangers.

Im so sorry to hear about your daughter j.o my heart goes out to you and yours!

There is not to many people I would trust to get oil from other than myself and a few on here, it sounds like you have some one around the corner that could help you!  (you know who you are)  I would me more than willing to come down and show how I make bho as im sure others would also, we would need to pick a day and get as much as we could done, and make sure people know how to make it safely and edible!  I wish I had enough product to just make it myself, but my grow is lacking and I dont get a whole lot with one pt to grow for! Im hoping to have a perpetual going soon and I usualy dont have more than one plant every few weeks to crop as to not go over my limit!

Please write or call if you need me!

Peace

Jim

Make your own oil if you can, but i'd recommend you find someone you trust and have them show you how to do it the first time. Focus on citrus/fruity strains. The more resinous the better. Use a safe solvent or method. Have her juice raw flowers and leaves. You might even consider a high CBD strain.

There is nothing that you wouldn't do for your daughter, we all know that. Just be safe. I'd hate to see someone in your situation sit around and wonder how/where the oil was made. You have enough on your plate as is. I don't know you, man....but let me know if you need anything. 

Welcome suneday. As you can see,this site is chock full of caring people. I hope you feel at home here. I have learned not only about mmj,but people,too.  Thank you. We know each other now. This has been a teachable moment for me......and I hope that in the future I can try harder to be kind, like I used to be. :)

• 2 months later...

`I have been dealing with tinctures and oils, almost any type of extracting i can learn/feel safe in performing over the past few yrs.Wild bill seems to be up to par on info..I am willing to help others in need. But also would like to collaborate/network with others in pursuit of furthering uses, protocols, safty and getting what is needed to who needs it!

• 7 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello my name is Thomas Karol , my husband was suffering from liver cancer, and the doctor's told me that there is nothing they could do to save my beloved husband life. Then a friend told me about hemp oil , i told her that my husband liver cancer was in the last stage that i don’t think the hemp oil will be able to help, and she persuaded me to try, for the love of my husband, i decided to give it a try. I did some research and i found a doctor who helped me with the cannabis oil to cure my husband liver cancer and he assured me that after 3 months the liver cancer will be gone, and For the past one year my husband is perfectly okay and he is free from cancer, if you know any one who is suffering from cancer you can save his/her life by contacting Dr. Brown Nelson via his email : (brownnelson07@aol.com) it worked exactly as the doctor prescribed. Thanks to Dr. Brown Nelson for taking away sorrow in my life. God will bless Dr. Brown Nelson for helping me with cannabis oil and for his support and care, i will keep on help you to fight cancer in the World, all i have to say is THANK YOU LORD.

Hello my name is Thomas Karol , my husband was suffering from liver cancer, and the doctor's told me that there is nothing they could do to save my beloved husband life. Then a friend told me about hemp oil , i told her that my husband liver cancer was in the last stage that i don’t think the hemp oil will be able to help, and she persuaded me to try, for the love of my husband, i decided to give it a try. I did some research and i found a doctor who helped me with the cannabis oil to cure my husband liver cancer and he assured me that after 3 months the liver cancer will be gone, and For the past one year my husband is perfectly okay and he is free from cancer, if you know any one who is suffering from cancer you can save his/her life by contacting Dr. Brown Nelson via his email : (brownnelson07@aol.com) it worked exactly as the doctor prescribed. Thanks to Dr. Brown Nelson for taking away sorrow in my life. God will bless Dr. Brown Nelson for helping me with cannabis oil and for his support and care, i will keep on help you to fight cancer in the World, all i have to say is THANK YOU LORD.