40 replies to this topic

#1 Kingdiamond

Kingdiamond

Basement lumberjack

• Forum Leaders
  • 5,491 posts
  • LocationDeadford

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Was reading an article about the top 5 strains with the highest THC and this is what they touted as the plant with the highest recorded THC content.

http://original-ssc....3/category/149/

Anyone grow out this strain profiled here ?

#2 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'd be willing to bet the the THC level depends on who is growing it.

#3 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster!

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts
  • Locationsome where in between winter and summer!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Ditto^^^

Peace

Jim

#4 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

....and really, can we honestly trust a seed company to be forthright in a review of their own product?

For example: If Miracle-Gro published a review saying their organic potting soil is the best to grow MMJ in, would you trust it?

#5 phaquetoo

phaquetoo

master of disaster!

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,778 posts
  • Locationsome where in between winter and summer!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

....and really, can we honestly trust a seed company to be forthright in a review of their own product?

For example: If Miracle-Gro published a review saying their organic potting soil is the best to grow MMJ in, would you trust it?

Realy miracle grow is good to use now! shh dont tell anyone lets keep it to our selves lol!

I bet there are many people using it any how, in fact I know a few people who use it, ive never seen their finished product though!!

Peace

Jim

#6 Petyr

Petyr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationMid-Michigan

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Such a coincidence that they stock ALL 10 of the highest THC strains isn't it?

Not to mention I'm near certain OGRaskal, Gage Green Genetics, and Bohdi Seeds have multiple strains that would test higher than anything they stock, but they don't carry those brands so, ya.

#7 flyinstringbean

flyinstringbean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationGenesee County

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

They called it a Sativa,I thought Indicas had more THC? I know indicas work the best for chronic Pain. And great for Zzzzzzzzzzz.

#8 Celliach

Celliach

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,707 posts
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Why does "Indicas work the best for chronic pain?"  My PTs prefer sativas.

#9 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationSW Detroit Fort at Junction, Clark at I-75).

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I saw a test on LSD grown in hydro in LA in 2011; 31.1% thc, .3 cbd. and one on lemon cake, 27%, from MI, and four dozen on various strains 2010-2011, from 6% (Blud Dream, was the grower disapppointred), to the 2 tests I mentioned.

#10 rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul

"THE O.G."

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

None of that means anything KD, you know that....

#11 Kingdiamond

Kingdiamond

Basement lumberjack

• Forum Leaders
  • 5,491 posts
  • LocationDeadford

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

None of that means anything KD, you know that....

Its fun to look into stuff like this though I've yet to find anything stronger than Docs gear but the DJ Short Whitaker blues is not far behind .

#12 TheHarvester

TheHarvester

Advanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

It would be interesting to hear what Northern or someone from a testing lab thinks of this.

#13 motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationMetro D

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'd be willing to bet the the THC level depends on who is growing it.

EXACTLY....you know everybody out there thinks because they bought some GreenHouse seeds beans that they got a CUP WINNER.  We all really know whats up.

#14 beourbud

beourbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Of course not, Nor can we trust testers trying to route all meds thru them.....despicable

#15 Northern Lab

Northern Lab

Cannabis Alchemist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationGaylord

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

It would be interesting to hear what Northern or someone from a testing lab thinks of this.

I'd say breeders probably do get close to the numbers they claim, but your average grower isn't going to see the same results, at least not right away, and probably not from one 10 pack of beans. Too many variables, phenotypes, and simple sample bias effect the numbers significantly.

#16 motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationMetro D

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Of course not, Nor can we trust testers trying to route all meds thru them.....despicable

Beourbud,

was your response about testers meant to take a pop shot at me..?  If so nothing to say brohan.  i don't push shiet to myself or from any breeder.  i am a tester because I have proven myself worthy thru years of dilligence and hard work. and I believe in Gage Green. i don't try promote to try and pump up to sell or anything like that.  I simply and proud to be a member of the Gage Green team and think that they are right up next to the biggest in the industry.

If you want to be a tester then reach out and prove that your quality and grow is at a professional level to the point where a breeder feels comfortable that you will be a good fit.  But to knock someone because they are a "tester" that kinda sad man. 

Negativity or jealousy will not get anyone anyplace in life.  I know this first hand.  If your positive and create good synergy then good things will happen to you.  Do you think I got to be a tester for a hot up and coming group for NO reason...or by pumping myself up..?  LOL..been doing this for years my dude and every extra cent I get in surplus after bills get paid get thrown back into my med garden and into my home.  i have good garden, home and am a good functioning person to my community.

Spreading jealousy or envy or negative vibes is not logical progression and will not up you in any way in anything in life.

Peace.

#17 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,035 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

#18 motorcitymeds

motorcitymeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationMetro D

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

LOL...there will always be haters.  Like the video though..LOL

#19 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

Just saw alaska snow (not mine i don't have the strain) test 12%, and High Times had it as a powerhouse strain? So the grower is spouting conspiracy theories, somebody duped him like the breeder, HT, his parents!

#20 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

wow?  red dragon 33%, or so it says on the breeder's blurb.  I haven't seeen a test but this one is an uppy doer like no-dose. A clear mind, driven goer.

Edited by pic book, 19 June 2013 - 07:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users