Need Help Grandpa Has Cancer

MY GRANDPA WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER ON FRIDAY.HIS BACK STARTING HURTING BAD 2 WEEKS AGO WHICH TURNED INTO HIS DIGESTIVE SYSTEM NOT WORKING PROPERLY.HE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THUR. THEY FOUND A TUMOR IN HIS LUNG WHICH TESTED POSITIVE FOR CANCER CELLS AND ALSO FOUND THEM IN HIS SPINAL FLUID.THE DOCTOR SAY ITS TERMINAL.HE DECIDED HE WOULD LIKE TO START CANNABIS TREATMENT ASAP. ANYONE WITH EXPERIENCE IN THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS PLEASE CHIME IN HERE! 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a recent thread on here that you may find informative.  See below.

First, get him state certified.  He certainly doesn't need to battle the law too.  It would be best if one of his current doctors would sign but if not, find anyone just to get the ball rolling.

Basically the Rick Simpson treatment plan is to acquire about 60 grams of high grade cannabis oil, preferably made from potent indica buds.  Then ramp up the patient's dosage as quickly as possible.  Start with a tiny 'grain of rice' sized dose per day and increase that up to 1 gram per day of the cannabis oil.  Try to have the patient ingest 60 grams in 90 days.  Also, you don't need to acquire 60 grams all at once.  It will take some time for him to be able to ingest the first 10 grams.

With a patient whose cancer is this advanced, I would think that my expectation would be that the oil would make the patient comfortable, allow him to maintain an appetite, and just may help slow down the cancer's progress.  Miracles can happen and there are many stories of this oil effectively shrinking tumors.  I hope for you and your family that this happens in this case.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/43040-rso-and-cancer-debate-forum/

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR RESPONSES! HJ I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF USING NAPHTHA EITHER BUT AM HAVING TROUBLE LOCATING ANYTHING ELSE LOCALLY. LUCKILY I HAD A 1/2 GALLON OF EVERCLEAR TO GET STARTED BUT NOW AM ON THE SEARCH FOR MY NEXT SOLVENT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! ALSO I WAS WONDERING IF THERE A BETTER FILTER TO USE BESIDES COFFEE FILTER? SO I HAVE A BATCH OF RSO READY, HE SHOULD HAVE HIS DOC REC TODAY SO WE HAVE THINGS IN MOTION. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ON THE RSO PROCESS WOULD BE GREAT, I HAVE ONLY MADE IT A COUPLE TIMES FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION PURPOSES. THANKS AGAIN!

There was a recent thread on here that you may find informative.  See below.

First, get him state certified.  He certainly doesn't need to battle the law too.  It would be best if one of his current doctors would sign but if not, find anyone just to get the ball rolling.

Basically the Rick Simpson treatment plan is to acquire about 60 grams of high grade cannabis oil, preferably made from potent indica buds.  Then ramp up the patient's dosage as quickly as possible.  Start with a tiny 'grain of rice' sized dose per day and increase that up to 1 gram per day of the cannabis oil.  Try to have the patient ingest 60 grams in 90 days.  Also, you don't need to acquire 60 grams all at once.  It will take some time for him to be able to ingest the first 10 grams.

With a patient whose cancer is this advanced, I would think that my expectation would be that the oil would make the patient comfortable, allow him to maintain an appetite, and just may help slow down the cancer's progress.  Miracles can happen and there are many stories of this oil effectively shrinking tumors.  I hope for you and your family that this happens in this case.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/43040-rso-and-cancer-debate-forum/

THE DOCTORS SAY THEY CAN DO NOTHING BUT DRUG HIM UP FOR COMFORT SO CANNABIS TREATMENT IS PRETTY MUCH HIS ONLY OPTION FOR COMFORT AND THE POSSIBILITY TO SLOW CANCER GROWTH AND HOPEFULLY GET HIM BACK ON HIS FEET SO WE CAN AT LEAST GET HIM OUTSIDE SOME!

A poster named 'restlesslegs' had written up this dosing schedule to get the patient started. 

The markings on the oral syringe are for 1/10th of a gram (or more likely milliliter as the syringe holds volume of liquid).  You can see she is slowly increasing dosage up to 1 full milliliter (10/10ths). 

Be sure to remind your grandfather that one cannot die from an overdose.  Many people panic when they feel the effects initially.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the dosage schedule, thanks to all that helped me figure this one out. Seems rather simple now that I have a regular 1 gram dosage syringe. smile.png

Days 1 - 4 Push out to the first line marked 1 split into 3 doses per day

Days 5 - 8 line marked 2 same as with the first 4 days, push out to line 2 split 3 doses per day

Day 9 - 12 line marked 3 same as above

Day 13 - 16 line marked 4 same as above

Day 17 -20 line marked 5

Day 21 - 24 line marked 6

24 - 28 line marked 8

by the 29th a full gram

A poster named 'restlesslegs' had written up this dosing schedule to get the patient started. 

The markings on the oral syringe are for 1/10th of a gram (or more likely milliliter as the syringe holds volume of liquid).  You can see she is slowly increasing dosage up to 1 full milliliter (10/10ths). 

Be sure to remind your grandfather that one cannot die from an overdose.  Many people panic when they feel the effects initially.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the dosage schedule, thanks to all that helped me figure this one out. Seems rather simple now that I have a regular 1 gram dosage syringe. smile.png

Days 1 - 4 Push out to the first line marked 1 split into 3 doses per day

Days 5 - 8 line marked 2 same as with the first 4 days, push out to line 2 split 3 doses per day

Day 9 - 12 line marked 3 same as above

Day 13 - 16 line marked 4 same as above

Day 17 -20 line marked 5

Day 21 - 24 line marked 6

24 - 28 line marked 8

by the 29th a full gram

THANKS!

Use ISO or everclear...both readily available around the state.  I think if it were me or someone I love I would try and ramp the dosage of RSO up very quickly.  Keep in mind the type of starting material (sativa or indica, and CBD content) can make a huge difference in reaction.  I think oil made with indica dominant strains, and or high CBD strains can be tolerated in larger doses more quickly than that made with sativa dom. IMHO  Who cares if it puts him to sleep if its going to help!  Different delivery methods may help get the dosage up more quickly.  Eating it is best, smoking it is ok, applying topically would help with his pain.  Making a simple topical is easy....add your rso to warm coconut oil.  A 10-1 ratio works well (10gms coconut oil to 1gm rso).  Pain relief with the topical starts quickly and last for several hours.  Good luck!

Use ISO or everclear...both readily available around the state.  I think if it were me or someone I love I would try and ramp the dosage of RSO up very quickly.  Keep in mind the type of starting material (sativa or indica, and CBD content) can make a huge difference in reaction.  I think oil made with indica dominant strains, and or high CBD strains can be tolerated in larger doses more quickly than that made with sativa dom. IMHO  Who cares if it puts him to sleep if its going to help!  Different delivery methods may help get the dosage up more quickly.  Eating it is best, smoking it is ok, applying topically would help with his pain.  Making a simple topical is easy....add your rso to warm coconut oil.  A 10-1 ratio works well (10gms coconut oil to 1gm rso).  Pain relief with the topical starts quickly and last for several hours.  Good luck!

WHAT STORES OR SUPPLY PLACES HAVE 99ISO OR 190 EVERCLEAR? I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO FIND 99%ISO AND I'M PRETTY SURE 190 IS ILLEGAL IN MI.

I have been using acetone with excellent results 

I tried 99% iso once, but didnt like the thick and dark green product.

Yes, I could have cleaned it up, but acetone is selective enough to skip the cleaning altogether.

Edited by I wood

The materials are not quickly available. 99% iso has been discontinued by Meyjers and the same "naphtha" that Rick used in Canada has not yet been identified in the states.

And please .. if you are going to use something other than 99% iso or naphtha, don't call it "RSO."

If you figure you want to use cheddar cheese to make your extract, it probably won't work. Then "RSO" will get the blame.

So ... everclear extract is not RSO.

Next .. where are you located? I pray it's in Michigan.

Winechateau.com sells 190 everclear by the bottle or case.

I've found 99% isopropyl on eBay by the 5 gal bucket.

I believe the 'naphtha' that Simpson uses is a mix of pentane and hexane.

Most of the non polar aliphatic hydrocarbons will extract much of the same components, with varying rates of solvent to material.

Hexane is pretty aggressive, as is butane, so contact time with material can be relatively short. Pentane is less aggressive but easier to purge than hexane. Pentane is the first liquid hydrocarbon at atmospheric conditions and has a pretty low boling point compared to hexane. Butane is the last gas hydrocarbon at atmosphere, so using it in liquid form is relatively easy.

If you use any hydrocarbon solvent, it makes it easier to purge out if you thin your extract out a bit with 190 everclear once most of the hydrocarbon is gone. This is different from winterization to remove wax and fats, which i dont recommend for rso. Performing this step raises the bp of the extract/solvent solution and makes it thinner so the lighter-than-190-alcohol-hydrocarbon can purge much easier.

Edited by Northern Lab

Butane is a form of naphtha. It would be considered a very very light naphtha. And it comes with its own impurities ..

purge, purge .. purge is the word ...

When carbon-based fuels are distilled from crude oil, here's how the process goes.

The crude oil is heated, and the resulting vapors are captured.....at various boiling points.  Butane boils at around -1C.  So any vapors collected that boiling point are collected and known to be butane.  How accurate the collection-to-temperature procedure is will determine the purity of the final product.  So the collected "butane" is then run through a series of additional distillations to isolate the impurities.....condensing the vapor to a liquid, then boiling the liquid, collecting vapors, condensing to a liquid....repeated as much as 7 times.

Meanwhile, the big vat of crude is still boiling, and giving off vapors.  "Naphtha" is all of the compounds that boil off between about 30C and 200C.   That's a huge range and includes all petroleum products that are lighter than kerosene, right up to those that are not a liquid at room temperature.  That's a lot of compounds.  The industry definition of "naphtha" includes a wide range of possible compounds.

After the "naphtha" boils off, then the kerosene boils off, the x,y,z until you're left with tar.

So to say that butane is a form of naphthalene is completely false.  They are different compounds that can be extracted from the same material.  But I can take a jug of 50/50 antifreeze and boil off the water and leave the ethylene glycol behind.  That doesn't mean that water is a form of glycol.  Butane is not a form of naphtha. 

I can't imagine someone getting a jug of "naphtha" off the shelf at a hardware store and thinking they are going to use it - with all of its impurities - to make a medical product.

This is the important part:  When you distill at high temperatures, you get more impurities.  The butane boils off quickly at about -30F and takes just about nothing with it.  Heating a solution to 200C is sufficient to allow a significant concentration of heavy metals to be present in the vapors.  So you expect to find high concentrations of impurities (mercury, arsenic, chromium, nickel ) 

Don't use naphtha.  It is bad stuff.

Edited by Highlander

The materials are not quickly available. 99% iso has been discontinued by Meyjers and the same "naphtha" that Rick used in Canada has not yet been identified in the states.

And please .. if you are going to use something other than 99% iso or naphtha, don't call it "RSO."

If you figure you want to use cheddar cheese to make your extract, it probably won't work. Then "RSO" will get the blame.

So ... everclear extract is not RSO.

Next .. where are you located? I pray it's in Michigan.

GR AREA